PDA

View Full Version : Who's Online Counter?

darkwonders
11-06-2013, 03:39 PM
I don't know if you guys want that information public or not, but it would be awesome if we could see how many people are online for the game.

Most MMOs like to keep that number close to the chest, so I feel it'll be unlikely that you guys will want to share that information, but it can't hurt to ask!

Zarien
11-06-2013, 03:40 PM
I doubt they will either. There just isn't any benefit to it for them or us. You would only get remarks like "wow, only 2k people on today, game is dead, I quit" and such. It provides data, that many users just won't be able to interpret properly.

darkwonders
11-06-2013, 03:44 PM
True. But the counter argument is that someone will hop onto the public matches and see the room barely have any people in it and could think the game is dead that way. Except that the majority of people are in a match, so that's a gross underestimate of how many people are online.

Zarien
11-06-2013, 03:47 PM
True. But the counter argument is that someone will hop onto the public matches and see the room barely have any people in it and could think the game is dead that way. Except that the majority of people are in a match, so that's a gross underestimate of how many people are online.

The room deal we have now is just a temporary thing most likely so I don't think it will matter. Sooner or later, people are just going to be using the "Find Opponent" option.