PDA

View Full Version : "Keep Name taken" bug

Tankramp
11-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Hello there. So I use a very specific name for things like this. I know for a fact there is no way anyone else has taken it... however it's saying it's taken and every possible variation is.... So is this a known bug or?

LordGorchnik
11-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Hello there. So I use a very specific name for things like this. I know for a fact there is no way anyone else has taken it... however it's saying it's taken and every possible variation is.... So is this a known bug or?

No. Try closing the client and logging back in again. I had the same problem. My name I used was 14 characters long so I was almost positive no one could have it. When I logged back in it took me into the client.

Nytefury
11-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Yeah I think I am having the same problem. I created my keep name and a dialog box "Creating Account" came up and after at least 5 mins of nothing I backed out and tried to recreated my keep name and now it says its taken.

Vorpal
11-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Interesting. Several long made up words that I thought it was highly unlikely anyone else had chosen were marked as 'already chosen'.

Then I got the 'Account is being created. Please wait' sitting on my screen for several minutes.

Exited out, came back in, still at the pick a keep name screen.

ShadHex
11-06-2013, 04:19 PM
nothing is working for me either....

Vorpal
11-06-2013, 04:20 PM
As far as I can tell it is literally impossible to get past this step. Nothing I try works. I've tried probably a hundred different made up combinations at this point.

I shall try just letting it sit on the 'account is being created please wait' page and see if anything happens after...I dunno. An hour?

UltraBlue
11-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Having the same problem, restarting the client once got me sitting on the "creating account" box for a couple of minutes without moving, shut down the client and tried again and we're back to "name taken" on all the wacky stuff I'm coming up with.

Aritei
11-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Yeah, same here - the names were not overly rare, but before seeing this thread I was amazed at the community's obvious in-depth knowledge of the Mayan underworld and certain roleplaying games (the latter, not so surprising)...

Shadarak
11-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Same. I have a handle I've used since the beginning of time across many an MMO but no dice. Glad to see it appears to be a bug.

Thomas

UltraBlue
11-06-2013, 04:27 PM
I just tried Casvolchiancmajdra, which is a completely made up string of partial words and it says it's taken. Time for more of the waiting game!

Vorpal
11-06-2013, 04:30 PM
I just tried Casvolchiancmajdra, which is a completely made up string of partial words and it says it's taken. Time for more of the waiting game!

I think maybe that was a good thing :D

TheSyv
11-06-2013, 04:30 PM
I am getting a similar problem I picked my name (a name I use for everything and is never been taken) and the launcher crashed after saying creating account for a while. Now when I relaunch it and the account create comes up again and it tells me My name is taken.

Xenavire
11-06-2013, 04:32 PM
I am having this issue too. Trying to repair now, hoping it will work.

sTo0z
11-06-2013, 04:33 PM
lol, phew! I tried to enter my name and said it was taken, I SAYS "NO WAY!!!" Rush off to forums to cry and see this thread. Sounds like all is good and just a bug that will be worked out!

Vorpal
11-06-2013, 04:35 PM
I am having this issue too. Trying to repair now, hoping it will work.

How are you trying to repair?

Xenavire
11-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Little button on the launcher under "PLAY NOW".

I wonder if this has to do with the changes to the naming conventions (the removal of symbols etc.) Perhaps a couple of commonly used letters have been flagged somehow as innapropriate?

Vorpal
11-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Maybe all vowels are inappropriate :D

Shaqattaq
11-06-2013, 04:38 PM
There is a bug we were unable to reproduce at this moment that gives bugs with keep names. We are currently working on it and hoping to provide a solution soon. Thanks for your patience.

Jbizzi
11-06-2013, 04:45 PM
There is a bug we were unable to reproduce at this moment that gives bugs with keep names. We are currently working on it and hoping to provide a solution soon. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks Shaq, but are any new players able to get in or is it affecting only a few "keep names" or (players)?

Shaqattaq
11-06-2013, 04:49 PM
It is definitely not affecting all new players. I'm not aware of the scope of the problem beyond that at this time.

Xenavire
11-06-2013, 04:49 PM
I saw the ticket submission link - and I see it has been removed. Does this mean we should NOT post tickets? I do not want to waste anyones time by submitting a ticket if it will not help anyone.

Vorpal
11-06-2013, 04:51 PM
After about 10-20 minutes of sitting on the 'your account is being created' I was able to get in, it looks like.

So...I would say every 15 or so names I tried it wouldn't say 'keep name taken' and then you just had to wait for the 'account being created' thing to process.

Ninjastyle
well I too am not able to get past the Keep name part and I was quite happy a little while ago to have gotten the alpha mail :(

Jbizzi
Sounds good, I will just wait till Shaq says it is resolved.

Hwan
11-06-2013, 04:55 PM
After about 10-20 minutes of sitting on the 'your account is being created' I was able to get in, it looks like.

So...I would say every 15 or so names I tried it wouldn't say 'keep name taken' and then you just had to wait for the 'account being created' thing to process.

Same thing happened with me. At first I was stuck on the "Your account is being created" message for a while, I then restarted the client seeing that some members had luck after restarting. However, after restarting it then said that the name was taken. I then just restarted again and tried with the same name and got stuck at the "Your account is being created" message again and just let it hang for a while and after what seemed like 30+ minutes it created the account.

Shaqattaq
11-06-2013, 05:06 PM
I saw the ticket submission link - and I see it has been removed. Does this mean we should NOT post tickets? I do not want to waste anyones time by submitting a ticket if it will not help anyone.

As soon as I posted that link, the engineers let me know the issue was larger in scale so they'll be solving it outside of the ticket system.

Xenavire
11-06-2013, 05:07 PM
As soon as I posted that link, the engineers let me know the issue was larger in scale so they'll be solving it outside of the ticket system.

OK, thanks for the update.

Shaqattaq
11-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Update on the "Your Account is Being Created" user issue: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=29741

Aritei
11-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Aaand, hey, it created a keep - but it apparently RANDOMLY CHOSE one of the bogus ones, not the one I actually wanted. (Alpha, whee!)

So I'm guessing I am stuck with this name until some unspecified point in time when we can change Keep names?

Lukezors
11-06-2013, 05:27 PM

I've been waiting at the screen the says Account is being created. Please wait. Should I leave it for awhile or exit and try again in a bit?

jcalton
11-06-2013, 05:51 PM
So, thanks for being great alpha testers, Kings!

It's been pretty well covered that the name we select is permanent through alpha, beta, and retail launch. Permanent choices are not really the sort of thing I want to be testing.:eek:

Zophie
11-06-2013, 06:21 PM
I'm getting this error too, "Account Name already exists. Please select another name."

stevonzo
11-06-2013, 06:27 PM
I was about to post about it on the Kickstarter page but I too have names I have always used in other games that have never been taken and yet on here, ALL of them are taken.....

Nethros059
11-06-2013, 06:28 PM
So I just installed the Hex Alpha and went through the process of making a keep name and then logging into the game, went to the deck editor and it would not allow me to build any decks and none of the stock ones were there either. I went to restart the client in the hopes this may fix it but now when I log in it asks me to make a new keep name. Is this the same problem you guys have been having?

P.S. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

dienekes00
11-06-2013, 06:40 PM
So, the update is helpful, I guess, but what about those of us who now have our account names taken/got stuck with choices we didn't want? If all of this is permanent, are we just boned? Will there be a way to fix it?

Zophie
11-06-2013, 06:43 PM
So, the update is helpful, I guess, but what about those of us who now have our account names taken/got stuck with choices we didn't want? If all of this is permanent, are we just boned? Will there be a way to fix it?

It's possible there is just a bug giving you that error message (I hope it is anyway), once they fix it then hopefully you can pick the name you really want.

Also a couple weeks ago they said they may offer a one-time rename option when they go into beta/launch, so you might not be stuck with what you end up choosing now.

Nethros059
11-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Have run the repair but does not seemed to have helped. Got the keep name bug. Hopefully there is a fix soon.

HorusBoyd
11-06-2013, 06:51 PM
So I just installed the Hex Alpha and went through the process of making a keep name and then logging into the game, went to the deck editor and it would not allow me to build any decks and none of the stock ones were there either. I went to restart the client in the hopes this may fix it but now when I log in it asks me to make a new keep name. Is this the same problem you guys have been having?

I have the exact same issue.

Shaqattaq
11-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Update for this issue: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=29741&p=315494&viewfull=1#post315494

Nuchie
11-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Same. I'm having the same issue. We even tested the name. My husband sent a tell to me from his account and it showed up, and I typed in chat and it showed up with the right name. I rebooted my computer and now when I try to log in its telling me to create account and that my name is taken if I try to use it.

Zophie
11-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Okay so based on Shaq's latest update it looks like I'm just waiting for my account creation to be processed in their server's queue, which is why I'm now getting the Account name already taken error. Guess I'll just wait it out and try again later tonight.

Shaqattaq
11-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Same. I'm having the same issue. We even tested the name. My husband sent a tell to me from his account and it showed up, and I typed in chat and it showed up with the right name. I rebooted my computer and now when I try to log in its telling me to create account and that my name is taken if I try to use it.

Your first name is in queue to be requested, so it's going to tell you that any other submission is taken. Sorry for the inconvenience, but you should get your first House name.

Nethros059
11-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Yeah I just tried to log on again and it is asking me to make a new keep name again, even though I already managed to make one earlier. Am not sure why it'd be doing this as I would of thought that it would remember that the account has a keep name made. Guessing there will be a fix soon. /fingers crossed

stevonzo
11-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Sometimes I submit Keep name and get a blank box with an ok button that doesn't do anything. Not sure what that is about.

Nethros059
11-06-2013, 07:15 PM
I think the blank box is meant to be the "Keep Name is already taken" box but its not showing properly either.

Vorpal
11-06-2013, 07:25 PM
I have a bit of a twist on this. I got in with one keep name, made a deck, etc.

Closed the client.

Logged back in, didn't see my deck, created it over again, entered into a match vs the AI, and it showed as "Palamades of <older keep name that was rejected>"

And then it hung.

So...it might think I am two different keeps simultaneously and having difficulty reconciling it.

Shaqattaq
11-06-2013, 07:36 PM
I have a bit of a twist on this. I got in with one keep name, made a deck, etc.

Closed the client.

Logged back in, didn't see my deck, created it over again, entered into a match vs the AI, and it showed as "Palamades of <older keep name that was rejected>"

And then it hung.

So...it might think I am two different keeps simultaneously and having difficulty reconciling it.

Can you please PM me the two keep names you have (the original and the rejected?)

Vorpal
11-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Thanks Shaq. PM sent.

dwebber88
11-06-2013, 07:51 PM
I tried 2 keepnames and then just Webber. It said for all of them it was taken.

I would rather have sticked with my 2nd keepname, but i didn't know for sure if it was in use.

Thats why i entered Webber to be sure it wasn't in use already. Do i get to switch back to the second keepname i initially had in mind?

Flava
11-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Hey folks, having the same issue. Has anyone who had this issue been able to get in yet? If so did you keep trying over and over to log in or did you wait out the "Loading Data" screen? Pretty anxious to play! :)

Agent-Smashing
11-06-2013, 08:02 PM
I was able to log into the alpha after creating the keep name "The Labyrinth", however no decks appeared and I was unable to make a new deck. After I logged back in it kept asking me to make a new keep, I submitted many names and am now getting a blank box with "ok" on it over and over again. I deleted the game and am reinstalling it now.

Canezar
11-06-2013, 08:04 PM
I also happen to be getting a similar problem. I logged in earlier and my first Keep name was accepted, took a gander at the deck builder/card collection and then logged off. Tried to log in to give the game a whirl a bit later and when I did it asked me for another Keep name.

I haven't entered another one, however. Is there anything I can do to help rectify the situation?

Nethros059
11-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Yeah I have repaired and reinstalled, but neither have helped. Am thinking there will be a patch hopefully soon because I'm sure there are alot of anxious King Tier backers keen to get in and try the game.

Zophie
11-07-2013, 12:19 AM
Just an update, after a few hours of waiting the game eventually let me login with the name I originally created, it's working now. If you're still waiting have faith!

Nytefury
11-07-2013, 03:14 AM
Just an update, after a few hours of waiting the game eventually let me login with the name I originally created, it's working now. If you're still waiting have faith!

Same here, thanks to all who worked on this to get it going.

Gearfried
11-07-2013, 03:20 AM
It's been 6 hours so far and it's still coming up with account name taken after I successfully created it once and managed to log in already.

Hopefully it'll be fixed after work.

Eoj
11-07-2013, 04:11 AM
I am having the same issue. Hopefully this gets fixed soon!

Adien_Alexander
11-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Having the same issue as well. Logged in last night and created the Keep "Adien", logged out due to not being able to deck build, and kept being prompted to create a new keep name. Gave up for the night. Tried again before leaving for work today (after everything has been fixed) and the keep name is still "taken". Tried my 2nd Choice of "AdienAlexander"(to see if creation was still wonky) and lo and behold the 2nd choice was accepted immediately. Since I would much rather have my first choice (since I locked it in last night, but haven't seemed to have to bind to my account) over my 2nd choice, is there anyway for me to get my first choice linked to my account and release the 2nd choice (if the first choice truly wasn't taken)? I wouldn't be disappointed if I was "stuck" with my 2nd choice, but I'd rather much prefer my 1st choice.

Schlyne
11-07-2013, 11:47 AM
I had the same problem as Adien. Last night I logged in and created the keep name of "Ragnovir", logged out due to not being able to build decks, was prompted to create new keep names. Checked it again around 1 am, and went to bed. Today, after all fixes have been posted my keep name of "Ragnovir" which I made up, is still taken. So I made a keep name of "Novarr" and managed to log in with it today.

Rhodes
11-07-2013, 11:49 AM
I reported having this issue last night and saw there was a fix this morning but I'm still having this issue. Last night was able to log in, pick my keep name and adjust my settings. I logged out and have been having this issue since.

Shaqattaq
11-07-2013, 11:55 AM
One of our engineers is taking a look at the problem.

Kenshin
11-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Same here shaq, also sent you a PM. No matter what name I choose, I keep getting the error message. Hope this resolves quickly so that I can play Hex :)

Gearfried
11-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Just got back from work, so this is nearly 18 hours after first running into this problem, and my keep name is still taken. By me. Very upsetting.

Canezar
11-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Just got back from work, so this is nearly 18 hours after first running into this problem, and my keep name is still taken. By me. Very upsetting.

I'm also still experiencing the issue but I don't think there's really any reason to be upset. We're in an alpha and we should be willing to accept/encounter even longer outages as part of the game's development. Personally I am glad they're running into the problem now and not later down the line when it could impact a larger community, and its a good opportunity for the devs to plan for future growth.

Gearfried
11-07-2013, 02:15 PM
I'm also still experiencing the issue but I don't think there's really any reason to be upset. We're in an alpha and we should be willing to accept/encounter even longer outages as part of the game's development. Personally I am glad they're running into the problem now and not later down the line when it could impact a larger community, and its a good opportunity for the devs to plan for future growth.

It's only really upsetting if it doesn't get sorted and I get stuck with a B-choice name. If it gets sorted out soon and I get my name, I'll be happy. If it it takes awhile I'm okay with it as long as I get the name I already logged in with once. I plan on putting a lot of time and money into this and don't want to be stuck with a name that isnt... well, me.

Shaqattaq
11-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Please do not message me with customer service problems as the system cannot properly track or resolve them. Please open tickets at cryptozoic.kayako.com. Thank you.

Giantwow
11-07-2013, 03:22 PM
I am having the same problem. Original name I created is now taken, I chose another but want the original to replace my current name. Are you saying in order for this to happen we should go through this website, and they will coordinate it? I'm just making sure the process is clear.

Thank you.

FaustX
11-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Stuck at the Keep screen as well. No matter what I try it gets rejected as already taken. Would be great to include a note on that screen that notifies us if there is some approval process in place that is stalling us there.

James

Drag0nF1re
11-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Same here. Everything I try results in "Account Name already exits."

Clockspinning
11-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Here's another thread on it: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=29751

It's tracked in the bug spreadsheet found here:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvSojDy9puL1dHFDMzZHNHBleW5VRWtiMmRscldnZ kE&usp=sharing#gid=0

Clockspinning
11-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Here's the CZE sticky on it: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=29741&p=315494

Gearfried
11-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Here's the CZE sticky on it: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=29741&p=315494

Everything is running smoothly now. Thank you for your patience.

It's not. I successfully created my Keep name yesterday. Now it is telling me to create a new Keep name as the one I made yesterday is taken.

That isn't smooth.

pjvedder
11-07-2013, 07:19 PM
It's not. I successfully created my Keep name yesterday. Now it is telling me to create a new Keep name as the one I made yesterday is taken.

Ditto... same is happening to me.

Clockspinning
11-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I still can't log in either. The sticky says to just wait, so I'll try to log in tomorrow and see what's up.

playultm8
11-07-2013, 08:49 PM

Same issue here as well. Was able to pick a different keep name, but my original (which appeared to be created last night) is marked as taken.

jayjazz99
11-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Same issue here.

Kenshin
11-08-2013, 05:40 AM
Still can't create keep name. Still getting "name is taken" no matter what name I put in. The sticky says it's supposed to run smoothly, but apparently that's not the case.

Xenavire
11-08-2013, 06:41 AM
I believe anyone still having this issue needs to contact support. In the meantime do the usual, repair, open close, and try waiting about 30 secs before logging in after startup (all methods I have heard help people.)

Drag0nF1re
11-08-2013, 07:24 AM
I have tried all the usual (repair, wait, close etc) and I am still stuck. I did put in a ticket yesterday and I'm waiting for a reply but I was hoping for an update of some kind as to the overall status.

ossuary
11-08-2013, 07:28 AM
Also still having this issue. I have a ticket open at kayako, waiting for a response. I was able to play the day before yesterday, but once I logged out the first time, I have never been able to get back in. It just goes straight to the keep creation screen again, my name I chose is taken, and any other name I put is also taken (it comes back immediately with the failure message, doesn't even seem to be querying the server as far as I can tell).

Deus_Ex_Machina
11-08-2013, 09:34 AM
I also still have this issue. I first tried naming my Keep at about this time yesterday, and after an hour of waiting for my account being created, the client crashed.
After that, no name worked anymore. Even when desperately mashing my keyboard, I just get a "Keep name already taken" or a blank "OK" window.
I hope this is resolved soon, as I'm really looking forward to playing.

Lonenut
11-08-2013, 01:58 PM
This may have been answered, but:

I think my initial attempt at creating an account locked out the keep name I want. I then ended up creating another keep name when I thought the first was legitimately taken. If my account has locked out two keep names, is it possible to get the one I was originally trying to get?

pjvedder
11-08-2013, 02:36 PM
This may have been answered, but:

I think my initial attempt at creating an account locked out the keep name I want. I then ended up creating another keep name when I thought the first was legitimately taken. If my account has locked out two keep names, is it possible to get the one I was originally trying to get?

Lonenut... this is happening to a lot of people, so you're not alone (myself included). I think they're working on fixing it, but the best bet would be to open up a customer service ticket so they can work on your individual account in case they're not aware of it.

Kenshin
11-08-2013, 03:35 PM
I did submit a ticket, and all I got as a reply was "this problem should now be resolved", with a link to Shaqattack's post..

Clockspinning
11-08-2013, 04:14 PM
I am also still having this problem. Created my account 2 days ago, logged in, looked around the cards, went to bed. Unable to log in again yesterday or today.

ossuary
11-08-2013, 04:33 PM
I did submit a ticket, and all I got as a reply was "this problem should now be resolved", with a link to Shaqattack's post..

Sorry to hear that. I submitted a ticket last night and got a response today that said they are looking into it case by case. If they closed your ticket, maybe open another one? Be sure to indicate that you've seen Shaq's post and that you are still experiencing the issue.

regomar
11-08-2013, 04:38 PM
I also happen to be getting a similar problem. I logged in earlier and my first Keep name was accepted, took a gander at the deck builder/card collection and then logged off. Tried to log in to give the game a whirl a bit later and when I did it asked me for another Keep name.

I haven't entered another one, however. Is there anything I can do to help rectify the situation?

This exact same thing happened to me.

1) Initial log in and created keep no problem (Keep name: Meshuggah) and logged off after fooling around some

2) Log back in, wants me to create another Keep name and says my old one is already created (duh)

3) ?

Shadowreaver
11-08-2013, 07:42 PM
If they are looking into this from a case to case perspective, then we should all be submitting tickets.

I just want to be able to have the name that I keep at some point.

ossuary
11-08-2013, 09:18 PM
If they are looking into this from a case to case perspective, then we should all be submitting tickets.

I just want to be able to have the name that I keep at some point.

Yes, the alpha update today asked for anyone having this issue to submit a ticket if you haven't already.