PDA

View Full Version : How will the in-game client know you are a kickstarter backer?

kyraejenkins
11-06-2013, 05:59 PM
When the Hex TCG kickstarter was active, I pledged $85.
How will the game client know I was a backer, and how will the rewards for backing be granted to players?

Shadowelf
11-06-2013, 06:03 PM
When the Hex TCG kickstarter was active, I pledged $85.
How will the game client know I was a backer, and how will the rewards for backing be granted to players?

They will email you a code with your rewards once the rewards will be unlocked sometime during beta; you will put that code in a special ingame interface and bingo :)

http://www.twitch.tv/knightsoftheroundshow/b/430004874 check 0:47:00

Eierdotter
11-06-2013, 06:05 PM
pledging worked with paypal, so they know what paypal acc pledged

invites will be sent to the respective paypal email account
this email is also your loginname aka account where teh rewards will be sent when the time has come.

kyraejenkins
11-06-2013, 06:05 PM
They will email you a code with your rewards once the rewards will be unlocked sometime during beta

I have another question.
I can't, for the life of me, remember if I had a kickstarter account when I made my donation.
Do you recall if the site required you to register before pledging money or were people able to donate without registering on their site?
If so, without that information, how will Cryptozoic Entertainment know I was a backer?

kyraejenkins
11-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Oh it works in response to paypal? Okay cool.
I think I used paypal or billmelater, which is affiliated with paypal.
So -crosses fingers- :3

[edit]
Okay I just went into my paypal and brought up the transaction.
I pledge $85 on June 6th, 2013.

Thanks for the help guys!

Shadowelf
11-06-2013, 06:11 PM
I have another question.
I can't, for the life of me, remember if I had a kickstarter account when I made my donation.
Do you recall if the site required you to register before pledging money or were people able to donate without registering on their site?
If so, without that information, how will Cryptozoic Entertainment know I was a backer?

You had to have a KS account to back via KS and a paypal account to back via paypal. But they have all emails associated with either our KS or paypal pledges, so when the time comes, your invite and later on your code will be sent to that email address

dwebber88
11-06-2013, 08:55 PM
You had to have a KS account to back via KS and a paypal account to back via paypal. But they have all emails associated with either our KS or paypal pledges, so when the time comes, your invite and later on your code will be sent to that email address

Exactly. And when the time comes you will be mailed your permanent account details or your current account will be reset and you will get your stuff.