PDA

View Full Version : 2 seconds in and I already screwed it up...

Dracatis
11-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Edit: Ok, maybe I did mess something up. *sigh* re-typing steps.

Logged-in
Put in wrong Keep name(used character name)
Irrationally hit Back during account being made screen(probably needs to be disabled)
At log-in screen tried to log-in (Loaded Data forever)
Restarted Game
Logged-in
Back at keep name page, put in a good keep name.
Got blank message with an OK box(maybe supposed to be name taken?)
Tried several other names, same blank box
Restarted Game
Logged-in
Loading Data forever... (maybe, I'll re-edit if I get in)

DanTheMeek
11-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Same thing happened to me, I think its related to the current keep name processing issue, so its taking forever to recognize the keep name is wrong. I LITERALLY did the same thing and experienced the same thing (I used a space in name instead of character but same issues there after). After logging in and out a few times I trying to put the name with out the space I now seem to have reached the point everyone else is at, where its just sitting their at account is being created indefinitely, presumably waiting till I move through the queue. Here's hoping we get in before the night is trough, but I'd suggest just keep retrying till the blank box goes away and it just starts telling you the names already taken which apparently lets you know you're name is in the queue. Not sure if thats actually a good thing, but I read in at least one other post what sounded like some one else who was at this point eventually did get into the game, just gotta wait probably a couple hours or something.

Dracatis
11-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Yea, though I'm not at the Keep name screen... now just infinitely loading. Oh load testing... what fun things you bring up...

Edit: Ok, gave up after 20 minutes, restarted and now I'm back at the Keep naming screen.

Xenavire
11-06-2013, 08:31 PM
This is a known bug - your first keep name is in a queue. It is being processed, and there is nothing you can do but wait for it to get synched up. No ETA on when everyone will be able to play, but there was a hotfix that should improve things. So while its frustrating (I had the same issue for about an hour) you don't have to worry, your keep name is safe and it will simply take some time.

DanTheMeek
11-06-2013, 09:59 PM
So about 3-4 hours after I first tried to create my keep name I'm back to where I started, just getting the blank okay window, still can't login : - / I've got work early tomorrow so looks like no play tonight for me, gotta head out, but I'm beginning to be a bit concerned this isn't the same queue bug but something else, regardless I wasn't anticipating getting alpha access at all this week, certainly not in the middle of the week like this, and I've already waited months, I can wait a few more days if necessary to get this all worked out.

Zarien
11-06-2013, 10:01 PM
So about 3-4 hours after I first tried to create my keep name I'm back to where I started, just getting the blank okay window, still can't login : - / I've got work early tomorrow so looks like no play tonight for me, gotta head out, but I'm beginning to be a bit concerned this isn't the same queue bug but something else, regardless I wasn't anticipating getting alpha access at all this week, certainly not in the middle of the week like this, and I've already waited months, I can wait a few more days if necessary to get this all worked out.

I would just wait until they give us an update tomorrow morning. If you still have an issue after that, contact the support team directly and they should be able to iron out your issue promptly, they're really good about that.

Winsom
11-07-2013, 01:20 AM
I was able to chose my Keep name and get into what seemed to be the "Main" game page. I saw Edit Deck, a configuration Options and a couple play options (vs. AI, vs. player, something like that). So it seemed like I had successfully registered!

However, I exited HEX alpha and came back later. I am now "stuck" on the Keep Name registration page. My Keep name is already taken. I do not want to make a new name for fear of futher screwing up your registraton system loads.

Observation#1: On the "main page" I did not see an option to change my password. I did see Options for full screen, windowed, and sound options.

#2: I did not see my Keep name listed on the "main page" this first time my registration seemed to succeed. Now I can not return to that point. It makes sense the game should tell us somewhere which account is logged in ?