PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt harvester : a invulnerable block? -same for flight?

Delrusant
11-07-2013, 02:47 AM
The corrupt harvester block a wild troop, it got no damage, does it mean that it is really invulnerable when blocking (except blood and artifact troops)? That seems strong (I can understand when attacking can't be blocked, but when blocking can't be hurt?)

If a flyer block a non flyer does it also takes no damage?

Zarien
11-07-2013, 02:52 AM
Hey delrusant. A little confusion, but lets see if we can work through what happened. Can you please tell us what creature the corrupt harvester blocked?

Also, flying does not effect what damage a creature takes if blocking a non-flyer. Did something happen that made you think this? Maybe I can shed a little light onto what happened.

Viziroth
11-07-2013, 09:33 AM
I believe he's saying his corrupt harvester blocked an attacking wild troop and his corrupt harvester behaved as if it had the invulnerable keyword.

In which case I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is a bug. The corrupt harvester should have no special interaction while blocking.

Zarien
11-07-2013, 09:37 AM
I had no confusion as to what he meant, but we need to know what card he interacted with to see what actually happened.

Delrusant
11-07-2013, 11:11 AM
computer corrupt harvester blocked a wild shin'hare (2/2) at the time (bucktooth commander), the next turn when I checked to attack with a 1/1 the corrupt harvester was full life (so the 1/1 could not take it out in case of a new block), the computer only played a troop in the meean time (with no effect on life)

So I do not know if it lost 2 health and got it back someway or if not health was lost.

dogmod
11-07-2013, 11:12 AM
life totals are not persistent across rounds is the confusion

Zarien
11-07-2013, 11:22 AM
life totals are not persistent across rounds is the confusion

Like dogmod, if the damage is not fatal, the health totals of the creature will reset at the end of turn, similar to magic the gathering.

If you haven't read it yet, try checking out the new quick start guide here too. It has some good information for new players. http://hextcg.com/quick-start-guide-now-available/

Delrusant
11-07-2013, 12:58 PM
thought that was what steadfast was for, instead it is troop that can attack and block on the same turn.

Thanks

Zarien
11-07-2013, 01:08 PM
thought that was what steadfast was for, instead it is troop that can attack and block on the same turn.

Thanks

"Steadfast is a keyword on Troop cards that allow them to attack without having to exhaust, leaving them available to defend or activate abilities that require exhausting as part of their cost."