PDA

View Full Version : Personalized deck vs AI?

Snedley
11-07-2013, 02:55 PM
When I try to play against the AI, the only deck option I seem to get is the dwarf demo deck. I would like to test a deck I constructed against AI (and avoid the embarrassment of getting whupped by real people). Am I missing something or is AI only unlocked for the one deck?

Schlyne
11-08-2013, 03:14 PM
you should have 4 demo decks against the ai. dwarf, human, orc and shin'hare to start out with. I haven't tried testing a build deck against the AI yet.

Marrkos
11-09-2013, 02:16 PM
When I try to play against the AI, the only deck option I seem to get is the dwarf demo deck. I would like to test a deck I constructed against AI (and avoid the embarrassment of getting whupped by real people). Am I missing something or is AI only unlocked for the one deck?

You should have a little drop-down triangle to the right of the deck name that will display the other decks.

I've played a built deck against the AI, but there was a bit of back-and-forth to get it to show up in the list. If memory serves, this is what my experience was:

Create the deck,
save it,
go back to 'Play AI', deck doesn't show,
return to the deck builder to verify it got saved,
load it to make sure it saved correctly,
go back to 'Play AI', deck shows up,
select it,
challenge

Xtopher
11-10-2013, 01:07 AM
I always choose 'save as'. 'save' doesn't seem to take when I choose it.

Shadowelf
11-10-2013, 02:57 AM
Save works for me just fine; sometimes though i have to go back and forth to load and save again till the saved deck appears at the list of available decks. Also it is possible that the deck you are saving doesn't appear because it somehow lost a card or two during the saving process (possible bug) and therefore it has less than 60 cards, which makes it illegal for play.

Icepick
11-10-2013, 06:01 AM
From what I've been able to tell, the Save function depends on the current performance of the game server, since that's where it saves to. What I do is, after selecting Save, I wait until all the cards on the screen visibly "refresh." They disappear for a second and then reappear, and then the cards in your deck might be in a different order. Once that happens, it has saved properly - if it doesn't happen, it probably hasn't saved yet.

Vorpal
11-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Save doesn't seem to work for me. It saves my deck in the deck builder only.

I have to pick 'save as' and give it a name and then it will show up in my list of decks to fight against the AI.

TheGateKeeper
11-11-2013, 10:38 AM
I've had the issue of decks not showing up and I just log out the back in and it fixes the problem

Snedley
11-14-2013, 02:58 PM
I have gotten this to work with my custom decks, but the dropdown list is so dim as to be effectively unreadable. Can the contrast be changed or do I just have to remember where on the list each deck is and guess the location?

Marsden
11-14-2013, 03:03 PM
The dropdown list used to be more readable, it broke a couple of patches ago.

mudkip
11-14-2013, 06:53 PM
you should have 4 demo decks against the ai. dwarf, human, orc and shin'hare to start out with. I haven't tried testing a build deck against the AI yet.

I've never had the demo decks. Anyone know if there's a way to bring them back?

Shadowelf
11-15-2013, 01:22 AM
I've never had the demo decks. Anyone know if there's a way to bring them back?

Don't know if you can bring them back or not but you can recreate and save them. Here are the decklists

Oh hey, a post I feel like I can respond to :P For completeness I'll list all four here.

Pre-built decks are as follows:

Dwarf:
Hero: Bertram Cragraven
2 Pterobot
3 Construction Plans: War Hulk
2 Technical Genius
3 Charge Bot
3 Researcher Adept
3 Sapper's Charge
3 Bombsmith
3 Assault Bot
3 Cavern Commando
1 Plan C
1 Replicator's Gambit
2 Elite Battle Tech
3 Oracle Song
2 War Machinist
1 Slaughtergear, Renegade War Factory
13 Sapphire Shards
12 Ruby Shards

Shin'hare:
Hero: Monika'shin
2 Command Tower
3 Cottontail Ronin
1 Uzume, Grand Concubunny
2 Bucktooth Commander
2 Rune Ear Commander
1 Onslaught
3 Shin'hare Militia
3 Moon'ariu Sensei
3 Runts of the Litter
3 Blood Cauldron Ritualist
1 Wretched Brood
3 Murder
2 Gigantisaur
3 Wild Growth
3 Shin'hare High Born
13 Wild Shard
12 Blood Shard

Orcs:
Hero: Poca, The Conflagrater
2 Throat Cutter
3 Darkspire Enforcer
1 Endbringer
3 Shadowgrove Witch
3 Wailing Banshee
1 Claw of the Mountain God
3 Savage Raider
3 Bloodcrazed Zealot
3 Wrathseeker
3 Ruby Aura
3 Arena Brawler
3 Burn
1 Unmerciful Tormentor
3 Zombie Vulture
13 Blood Shard
12 Ruby Shard

Human:
Hero: Lady Elizabeth
2 Protectorate Clergyman
3 Kraken Guard Mariner
2 Shield Trainer
3 Adamanthian Scrivener
2 Righteous Paladin
3 Diamond Aura
3 Bravery
3 Inner Conflict
1 Prophet of Lodegan
3 Phoenix Guard Scout
1 Frost Wizard
1 Living Totem
2 Heroic Inspiration
3 Phoenix Guard Trainer
3 Guard Dog
13 Diamond Shard
12 Sapphire Shard

f5shooter
11-17-2013, 07:40 AM
I too have no way of trying to use the decks I made. The dropdown when I challenge the AI only shows the 4 pre-made decks. I've tried scrolling but my decks never show up. When I try to play against a human opponent the arrow on the deck drop down doesn't even work. If I click on the deck name itself it opens up to the 4 pre-made decks, but my decks are nowhere to be found.

They are only available to be looked at in the deck editor where they seem to be fine.

Malakili
11-17-2013, 09:07 AM
I have also noticed that since the new patch decks I make don't seem to be actually available to play (against AI or other players), but they do save in the deck editor.

RoaRawR
11-19-2013, 01:28 AM
here it don't save any deck modification (yes tried the ideas already mention over and over)

FlyingMeatchip
11-19-2013, 05:10 AM
This sounds like the same issue The older MTGO client had with saving decks...I hated it. The new beta client in MTGO seemed to fix that. They went with those cool looking deck boxes that hex.tcgbuilder uses.

FlyingMeatchip
11-19-2013, 05:11 AM
Don't know if you can bring them back or not but you can recreate and save them. Here are the decklists

Could these be the starter sets that will be available when beta starts?

Shadowelf
11-19-2013, 06:14 AM
Could these be the starter sets that will be available when beta starts?

No way to know for sure; what we know is that there will be 4 starters in store when the store opens. So based on this there is chance since the demo decklists are 5, that they aren't the ones we will be purchasing. But then you never know...they could change this and sell 5 instead of 4.

Cartimandua
11-22-2013, 05:44 AM
It doesn't seem to show custom decks on the list unless they have exactly 60 cards and a champion selected.