PDA

View Full Version : Bottled Vitae

Wodahs
11-15-2013, 02:41 AM
Does anyone know why bottled vitae was given a (massive) boost?

I thought that Hex was behind schedule only because of the video game component and that the tcg for the release - dungeons and set 1was done (since they have finished set 2 already).

I may have wrongly assumed but I thought that based on the info given during the KS campaign and after, Hex could be released as a physical game in theory and that the KS money + GF/LU deals would serve to finish the digital part.

If Set 1 is still being playtested, more nerfs (escalation) and boosts could be coming...that would/could change the meta!

Eierdotter
11-15-2013, 03:36 AM
i am really looking forward to more nerfs/buffs and changes overall, to make the game perfectly balanced.

Bottled vitae was a useless card before (3 cost to play, 1 to use), now it is a viable cantrip for every deck (1 cost play, 1 to use).

As far as i understood, is that GF and LU only support servers and stability stuff. they are not dealing with anything gamedesign related.

Shadowelf
11-15-2013, 05:41 AM
As far as i understood, is that GF and LU only support servers and stability stuff. they are not dealing with anything gamedesign related.

That's correct; both companies signed up to offer platform support and access to foreign markets and help the game grow to an eSport. They will have nothing to do with game development

Yes, we have partnered with these great companies to help cover the potential gaps for us as a newly digital company. It’s important that we know what we don’t know. So, why is it great to have the help of two MAJOR publishers?
- Platform services. We should not be in the business of trying to run the back end of an MMO. It’s super expensive and super complex. When it comes to servers, billing, and customer service, the experience and infrastructure of a large publisher will allow us to offer the type of triple-A service you expect. We would have had to spend a significant amount of development time and money building this all from the ground up. Instead, we can invest those resources into giving you an incredible gaming experience.
- Foreign markets. Both Gameforge and Level Up! are based outside the US and they are undisputed leaders in their regions. The localization and support available for these global players will be amazing and years ahead of what we could have provided on our own. My goal was always to create a global community around HEX, making it a worldwide phenomenon. This is big step forward to that goal.

http://hextcg.com/big-news-for-hex/

Alpha is their last chance of nerfing pvp cards; when beta comes and their store opens, they said they will be banning pvp cards, respecting the sense of ownership that having something (even if it is digital) creates. So expect more fixes/nerfs, if necessary, before beta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUK4FDtKALg check 0:22:40

Juve
11-15-2013, 10:50 AM
they are even changing cards that we didint saw yet. u can see that by comparing old and new cards database folders

jtatta
11-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Cards are constantly changing and will continue to change throughout alpha. They're still balancing things. Just because a set is completed design wise doesn't mean they can't still change cards based on cost, how their abilities function, etc. When they start making and taking out specific mechanics you can start worrying.

When they say that they're done with set two, they really mean "We have the mechanics and keywords mostly finalized and are still tweaking numbers." It's pretty common. Luckily they have all of us to help them alpha test and tweak numbers! :)

jgsugden
11-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Personally, there are a lot of balance changes I'd like to see made - including upping the bottle up to 2 cost, 1 to activate. It is such a no-brainer that I include it in almost every deck I make - and no card should go in every deck.

Eierdotter
11-21-2013, 02:27 AM
trust me, as soon as adaptable infusion device is available, we have 2 cards for this cantrip slot. (AID probably needs a littel cost buff too)

jgsugden
11-21-2013, 10:36 AM
Isn't the cantrip on that one 4 cost? It didn't strike me as a problem as drawn up when I was doing my Excel based playtesting...

jgsugden
11-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Huh... Is this go fish, because I got what I asked for...