PDA

View Full Version : Hex you finally managed to upset me

FenMiHuo
11-20-2013, 08:32 AM
I have been patient since the beginning with the alpha invites but they finally managed to piss me off.
Invites for all the remaining backers are going out but they are clearly not in order of backer status.
I am a Knight Backer who hasnt gotten my invite yet, but given that there are less than 5k left to go out clearly even some SBs have gotten theirs, they have had like a day longer than me to get in the game and reserve keepnames so I'm basically expecting nothing good to be left. It just really sucks and bugs me.

Rage_
11-20-2013, 08:39 AM
90% of people can't get past the loading data screen, and if you do manage to you can't do anything... No deck building, no AI, nobody on, no chat, nothing. You're not missing much.

jtatta
11-20-2013, 08:40 AM
Okay, so this isn't a real thread right? You're just being funny and making fun of everyone else complaining?

dachewster99
11-20-2013, 08:43 AM
yeah and even if you get past all of that, you will never be able to finish a match because the game freezes randomly, sometimes turn one, sometimes turn six, but chances are it will freeze and you wont be able to finish anyways

Harmonica
11-20-2013, 08:46 AM
yeah and even if you get past all of that, you will never be able to finish a match because the game freezes randomly, sometimes turn one, sometimes turn six, but chances are it will freeze and you wont be able to finish anyways

you are new in this forum right? because if you werent you would know that the freezes always happen when a new wave hits. and this time its huge.

FenMiHuo
11-20-2013, 09:05 AM
reserving the keepname you want, and being able to actually play the game are completely different issues, i can already play the game on my friends account, but I was hoping for a specific keepname which Im now 99% sure wont be available and it makes me sad
Sorry guess in my original post my actual issue wasnt highlighted enough

Lawlschool
11-20-2013, 09:16 AM
I get that keep names are important to people, and yes, it does suck that some of us (myself included) are still waiting on our invites and are going to be late to the game in registering names. But you're getting upset at a purely hypothetical situation that you really can't be sure is going to happen. Plus, if your name is so unoriginal that one out of ten-thousand people will also pick it, you might want to consider a different keep name. But if your name is truly original, I wouldn't worry about someone else picking it.

Xenavire
11-20-2013, 09:19 AM
reserving the keepname you want, and being able to actually play the game are completely different issues, i can already play the game on my friends account, but I was hoping for a specific keepname which Im now 99% sure wont be available and it makes me sad
Sorry guess in my original post my actual issue wasnt highlighted enough

My friend has the same concern. It is a real concern, and not one to be taken lightly - people did get told it would be in order of tier, and that people would have every chance to reserve their names. People in lower tiers getting their invites are basically line-cutting and it sucks for those who thought their name would be safer by about 6-7000 invites.

However, you should always try to come up with a unique name that could never be taken in a million years. Sometimes things happen, and you can never guarantee that each name you want is safe. With a good 8-9k people in before this wave, any number of good names are likely gone.

FenMiHuo
11-20-2013, 09:26 AM
My friend has the same concern. It is a real concern, and not one to be taken lightly - people did get told it would be in order of tier, and that people would have every chance to reserve their names. People in lower tiers getting their invites are basically line-cutting and it sucks for those who thought their name would be safer by about 6-7000 invites.

However, you should always try to come up with a unique name that could never be taken in a million years. Sometimes things happen, and you can never guarantee that each name you want is safe. With a good 8-9k people in before this wave, any number of good names are likely gone.

This is basically how I feel, line cutting about sums it up, I'd be perfectly fine if the name was gone as a result of the normal go of things, but when 10000 people get to try and get theirs before me (when we were under the impression when they wouldn't) it just irked me

Entityofsin
11-20-2013, 09:34 AM
This is basically how I feel, line cutting about sums it up, I'd be perfectly fine if the name was gone as a result of the normal go of things, but when 10000 people get to try and get theirs before me (when we were under the impression when they wouldn't) it just irked me

This happens in a lot of MMOs. Just hope you realize that and this is whether you've put any money down up front or not. Also happens to a lot of people who join 'free' alpha and beta tests by signing up on a website months before other people do after the sign up deadline is over.

It happens. Let's be understanding of that and be more patient please.

Xenavire
11-20-2013, 09:36 AM
FenMiHuo: Take solace in the fact that you are beating all the hordes of horrifying free to play players and gold farmers. You are 'line-cutting' potentially millions of players - better to see it as a victory than a loss at this point.

Vorpal
11-20-2013, 09:59 AM
I have been patient since the beginning with the alpha invites but they finally managed to piss me off.
Invites for all the remaining backers are going out but they are clearly not in order of backer status.
I am a Knight Backer who hasnt gotten my invite yet, but given that there are less than 5k left to go out clearly even some SBs have gotten theirs, they have had like a day longer than me to get in the game and reserve keepnames so I'm basically expecting nothing good to be left. It just really sucks and bugs me.

Don't be upset. I was King tier and I didn't get a good keep name either, because of the bug where it told me everything was already taken and eventually I just started entering random stuff and one of those was accepted.

nicosharp
11-20-2013, 11:26 AM
If your keep name is generic enough to be scooped up by 1 out of 22,000 people, now is a good time to change it and stand out as somewhat unique.
My wife tried to get her name on the second wave, and 1 of the first 1,000 people grabbed it already. She didn't lose sleep over picking a new one. First world problems.

jcalton
11-20-2013, 11:31 AM
If you think the name selection is bad now...what happens at launch? It's going to be ridiculous. Usually when we play MMO's we have a few thousand people on a single server.

Flava
11-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Aren't keep names being reset before Beta? Please correct me if I am wrong. Pretty sure I heard this at some point. **sorry I don't have the facts** but if it can be confirmed this would squash your issue. :)

FenMiHuo
11-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Aren't keep names being reset before Beta? Please correct me if I am wrong. Pretty sure I heard this at some point. **sorry I don't have the facts** but if it can be confirmed this would squash your issue. :)

I thought you were going to have the option to change them, but not a global reset, when you get it here I believe it is reserving it for later (in the beta and beyond)

noragar
11-20-2013, 12:39 PM
I thought you were going to have the option to change them, but not a global reset, when you get it here I believe it is reserving it for later (in the beta and beyond)

That's my understanding too.

Flava
11-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Gotcha sorry for not having the facts and thanks for educating me :)

solly
11-20-2013, 01:31 PM
I 'm with fen here i m a champion backer witch is bucks away from early bird kings. and im also one of those 5000.
IF you say your doing the invites tier by tier Stick to your guns and dont change the way you do things for no aparent reason.

BlueAvocado
11-20-2013, 01:37 PM
I 'm with fen here i m a champion backer witch is bucks away from early bird kings. and im also one of those 5000.
IF you say your doing the invites tier by tier Stick to your guns and dont change the way you do things for no aparent reason.

We didn't change the way we were sending invites but we did have a problem with the big batch we sent. This means that a chunk of invites in the middle of that batch did not get to their recipients. We are working on getting all of those invites out today. We understand that this doesn't make the situation any better for you individually and we are doing our best to get it all sorted out.

butttoots
11-20-2013, 01:41 PM
I thought this was a joke at first, but the keep name thing is actually reasonable.

praesidium
11-20-2013, 02:36 PM
I just registered keep name FenMiHuo because its what i usually call my "insert random family member here". and im a squire!

i kid :P

teh_g
11-20-2013, 02:58 PM
I am a little sad, but i take solace knowing that no one else can play now anyway :D

Hopefully my name isn't taken, but I doubt it will be.

jetah
11-20-2013, 06:56 PM
We'll be given a chance to change our Keep names, I assume before the KS rewards are given out. I'm sure Shadow will come in and give a link to it.

FenMiHuo
11-21-2013, 07:31 AM
Well after finally getting my invite last, I have gone through the 30 words I wanted with no luck. Also whats with the lack of numbers or symbols? Basically i feel like my only option will not make sense as a keep name, I'm starting to think this whole keep name thing is stupid :( I really wanted to be Lord of Thunder :P

Freebird_Falcon
11-21-2013, 08:48 AM
I was kind of hoping they would go the same route as Bliz with BattleTags where everyone can pick whatever name they want regardless of duplicates because the system assigns an invisible (in chat) # afterward

Shadowelf
11-21-2013, 09:17 AM
We'll be given a chance to change our Keep names, I assume before the KS rewards are given out. I'm sure Shadow will come in and give a link to it.

Yeah that's true Jet

Alpha is for fixing bugs, getting some information on how users interact with our client. I want to use some of this time in order to evaluate the naming convention. Whether it changes or stays the same, I see us giving players a window to change their names sometime during the beta.

I was kind of hoping they would go the same route as Bliz with BattleTags where everyone can pick whatever name they want regardless of duplicates because the system assigns an invisible (in chat) # afterward

As of patch 813B

Usernames can no longer use numbers or symbols.

We pushed the patch with spaces still allowed in names, but players should not use spaces. Eventually, we will remove that funtionality and those with spaces will need to choose a name that fits in the allowed parameters.

Vorpal
11-21-2013, 09:28 AM
I wanted to be Lord of All, sadly, 3 characters is not enough :D

dwebber88
11-21-2013, 09:29 AM
Don't be upset. I was King tier and I didn't get a good keep name either, because of the bug where it told me everything was already taken and eventually I just started entering random stuff and one of those was accepted.

Haha, same here :)

YourOpponent
11-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Bah you guys worry too much...try going to a game like Runescape that has had over 200 MILLION players each with unique names. Compared to that 25,000 is a drop in a bucket. I easily got my 2nd or 3rd name pick and truthfully could of got my 1st if one of my friends didn't take the name YourOpponent from me...ironically enough I have it for a forum name and he doesn't :P

nicosharp
11-21-2013, 12:37 PM
My Friends Keep name is:
Lord of Nations Giant Hamburgers
The keep name thing is pretty silly, I just use my forum monicker, as I want to make it easy for everyone I play with, since they are talking to me listed as my keep name, not my individual characters name.

Now everytime I see Nations Giant Hamburgers, I need to remember it's my friend that usually goes by one specific name in games, which will also confuse people in chat when I call him by the other name.

jetah
11-21-2013, 09:13 PM
I too was hoping that HEX would get rid of the unique naming convention and use an account name setup.

blizzard has battletag <name>[random 4 digit number]
perfect world <character name>@[account name]

With PW you can hide/show account names. It even allows mail to be sent to the account where the owner can obtain the mail on any character. PM's are easy too because you can do <character name>@[account name] or @[account name]

Ertzi
11-22-2013, 03:47 AM
I just use my forum monicker, as I want to make it easy for everyone I play with, since they are talking to me listed as my keep name, not my individual characters name.

Now everytime I see Nations Giant Hamburgers, I need to remember it's my friend that usually goes by one specific name in games, which will also confuse people in chat when I call him by the other name.

This. Exactly this. You will easily recognize me now, which I believe is a very positive thing in such a great community of players. I would want everyone to use their forum name, so I could be all like "heyyy, I know this dude/lady" when I play :)