PDA

View Full Version : Flight School

Primordial
11-24-2013, 02:20 AM
This deck is all about flying over blockers with little guys that are capable of getting bigger and bigger and countering any spells that disrupt this plan. I just love The Ancestors' Chosen! It's such a fun card and the longer it stays in play the better this deck becomes. Here it is:

Champion: Feather Drifting Downward

23 Sapphire Shard

4 The Ancestors' Chosen
4 Windbourne Acolyte
4 Thunderbird
4 Phoenix Guard Trainer
4 Buccaneer
3 Wizard of the Silver Talon
4 Void Leech Phantasm
2 Menacing Gralk

4 Air Superiority
4 Countermagic

A card I like but not sure about is Eye of Oblivion. Seems like it could be good, but I feel like it'll usually just be a 1/1 flyer for 2.

Enjoy!

(Feel free to challenge me if you see me playing Hex! Name is Primordial on there too.)

noragar
11-27-2013, 09:28 AM
I've been running a deck very similar to this that I really like. The main differences in my deck:

I have 4 Flock of Seagulls instead of the 4 Windbourne Acolytes. The seagulls do a great job of repeatedly shutting down the opponent's biggest threat.

I have 4 Eldrich Dreamers (with the gem that draws a card when it deals damage to a champion) in place of the 4 Phoenix Guard Trainers. I previously tried the Guard Trainers, but found that they weren't really adding flying all that often to a troop that I couldn't just do the same with Feather Drifting Downriver's ability. Eldrich Dreamer doesn't need flying (unless it's to take advantage of the Air Superiority buff) since he's unblockable. Being unblockable also combos well with his gem to add card draw just at the point in the game where you're usually running out of cards. FDD's charges are usually enough to add flying to the random Buccaneer or even Ancestor's Chosen when needed.