PDA

View Full Version : Your Hex Stories

Extraneous
11-24-2013, 04:13 AM
So, who here's had an incredible/hilarious Hex game recently?

I've been playing what I call the 'Pack Raptor Madness' recently and got the best first turn ever. Drew all 4 of my Raptors and 2 Wild in my starting hand. Beat my opponent before they'd even played an actual card. It was glorious.

JoshueMonk
11-24-2013, 11:29 AM
After a lot of back and forth cancelling out each other's mobs, I threw down a relentless corruption and drew two of his cards (Countermagic and Phoenix guard trainer). I managed to get out a High tomb lord (+15,+15) in the turn before and attempted to attack with it. He then pulled a dingler on it and I used countermagic against his dingler card. As both cards went into the grave pile, the High tomb lord jumped to (+17, +17). He was on 16 health and I won the game. Just fantastic how that game played out.

Damascus
11-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Pretty much any deck that wins with Plan B + Lord Alexander is hilarious. You appear to be doing nothing for the first X turns of the game other than killing/removing their stuff, and then bam, 20+ points of damage. Not always easy to do since the deck is subpar, but always really funny.

FlyingMeatchip
11-25-2013, 02:43 AM
I came back after some one who lvled the board with extinction. I played a cosmic elder w/ 3 life, comeback of the century.

escapeRoute
11-25-2013, 03:34 AM
winning with my immortal spear deck... it is a bit of an endurance fight since it takes a lot... the funniest part was a guy who told me "its a nice deck, but u will have a hell of a nightmare against lifedrain decks" and i was like "ok bro, but i think that i will be more concerned bout the 5001 damages he would have put onto me than i will be concerned bout the 5001 he would need to get with his lifesteal to save himself from the spear" X'D

BlackRoger
11-27-2013, 02:12 PM
@escapeRoute - He may not be too far off.

My most hilarious fight was with my artifact deck against a mono-white life-drain deck.
On around turn 7 he drops ozawa, and starts hitting in, doubling his life total each turn.
That same turn I draw Argus, and so the countdown begins.

We both know he has no answer in mono-white for argus, and I have alot of card draw and champ blockers.
By the time I kill his ozawa with argus he gets up to 800 hp.
Turn after, with superior board position by far, I resign - I'd probably run out of cards before I actualy kill him.

3 more turns, he would have had that 5000 hp for you :)

Lawlschool
11-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Won a game with my robot deck against a bunny deck with only 2 resources for all but the last couple of turns. Basically walled my opponent with two Tech Geniuses, a charge bot, and a worker bot, eventually drew two pterodactyls, just kept swinging in until gg. Both of us were fairly mana screwed (me way more so than him though), but I was really impressed that I hung in there and eventually won.

Had another fun win with my robot deck by comboing War Machinist with Elite Battle Tech. Drop the Tech, get 2 Workers, deal damage with Machinist(s), next turn sack the bots to recall the Tech, drop him again, and repeat. I'm really enjoying the Dwarf decks way more than expected. Worker Bots make fantastic walls, though obviously susceptible to board wipes. But without wipes, crush, or flight they work pretty well at defending while you whittle your opponent's health down. It'll be great once the War Factory works.

I've also had a few fun come-from-behind wins with my Vennen Control deck, which is surprisingly better than I would have expected. I'll have to post the deck once I do a few more tweaks to it.

Lewdawg
11-29-2013, 11:57 AM
I had an epic back and forth with my brother. He was playing a wild bunny overrun deck and I was playing a discard/bury blood/sapphire deck. Needless to say my deck is centered around making them discard into my Sabotage "boobytraps". I was down to 1 hp and he was clearly going to win if I didn't draw something amazing like a chronic madness etc. I had 1 sabotage in his deck (4 boobies) and he had already drawn 2. So with his life at 10 hp and my board cleared I was living on a prayer....

What do I draw... you guessed it... a blood resource.... game over. But wait, this blood resource gave me my threshold for my champ power to bury his top 2 cards, keeping in mind he has 32 cards left in his deck...

He pulled 2 booby traps back to back to lose the game. I don't think he nor I ever saw that coming.....

Love this game!

YourOpponent
11-29-2013, 11:40 PM
I had a pretty intense Raptor vs Shin'Haar deck...only won because of Yesterday!