PDA

View Full Version : Blood/Ruby deck "Round 2"

RestarttGaming
11-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Here's a deck i seem to have some moderate success with, though obviously it's not fully optimized, and some of you can help with that. For others that aren't that experienced, its a good deck to learn kill spell priority with (when to use them, when to save them, which kill spell to use on what card, etc)

The idea is to use early burn to prevent OP combos or taking too much damage

Get in a midgame creature wiper

The play very efficient 3-5 drops and swing for the beats (hopefully leading with Lord A so they are all haste)
i like to keep murders for this point to deal with those 1-2 large drops opponents have

If the game goes long, finish with an X spell

Champ: Gozzog
(though i suspect Poca or tetzot or zared could work, i like the early sustain and option to force in damage even if they stabilize the board)

11 Blood Shard
11 Ruby Shard
2 Shards of fate

4 murder
4 persecute
4 ragefire

4 extinction
4 heat wave (notice all troops have toughness 3+)

1 life siphon
2 burn to the ground

4 corrupt harvester
3 headless executioner
3 lord alexander
3 zoltog

early burn 12/60
change of getting one burn spell turn 3 or earlier: 87-89% (shard screw may drop this a bit)

board wipe 8/60
chance of having at least one by turn 4 : around 76-80% (shard screw may drop this a tiny bit, somewhat unlikely)

chances of having a big beater turn 4+: 90-93%

chances of picking up an x spell turn 6-7 :45-50%
turn 10 around 60%

Utumno
11-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Just used this game in 2 games against a friend of mine, won both. I swapped out the 2 Shards of Fate for a regular Blood and Ruby Shard though. I am also considering getting in at least one more Life Siphon in exchange for a Heat Wave and somehow getting a couple of regular Burn.

I really like this deck, may become one of my favorites.

Indormi
11-28-2013, 06:16 PM
I played with and agaisnt this kind of deck a couple of time. My general idea after the games is that deals well with creatures deck but is inferior to Blood/Saphire control.

My suggestions, 1)drop the burns to the ground for more siphons, siphon is so good that you should consider running 4 of them, is just much better than burn to the ground overall, just save your murders for creatures with 4+ toughness.

2)I havent tryed headless horseman after the buffs (can he block now?) still I think is not the greatest of creatures out there, for 1 more cost you got the Tomb Lord and with the amount of stuff you can dump on thegraveryard he is msost likely to be much bigger.

3)You may want to add 1 Plan C as it combos quite nicely with Alexander and can take your oponent by surprise just be carefull when your oponent is playing Blood and has the resources for persecute and murder open and may be holding an extintion.

4)If you want to make it more controly/ramp you may want to take out the low cost troops add some hex engine, some burn to the ground and add some big baddies like Malice demon or ash harpy.

5)Zoltog is amazing better than Pocca atm unless you can pump the elemental in any significant way.

6)You have no card draw/cycling you may want to consider adding some Secret Labs.

7)Most of the stuff you're casting is really threshold heavy you may want to add more shards of fate, you dont have turn 1 play either so you can play them at the start of the game without too much problem.

This is my opinion but it may not be the more educated one so take it with a grain of salt.

Utumno
11-29-2013, 10:18 AM
I played with and agaisnt this kind of deck a couple of time. My general idea after the games is that deals well with creatures deck but is inferior to Blood/Saphire control.

My suggestions, 1)drop the burns to the ground for more siphons, siphon is so good that you should consider running 4 of them, is just much better than burn to the ground overall, just save your murders for creatures with 4+ toughness.

2)I havent tryed headless horseman after the buffs (can he block now?) still I think is not the greatest of creatures out there, for 1 more cost you got the Tomb Lord and with the amount of stuff you can dump on thegraveryard he is msost likely to be much bigger.

3)You may want to add 1 Plan C as it combos quite nicely with Alexander and can take your oponent by surprise just be carefull when your oponent is playing Blood and has the resources for persecute and murder open and may be holding an extintion.

4)If you want to make it more controly/ramp you may want to take out the low cost troops add some hex engine, some burn to the ground and add some big baddies like Malice demon or ash harpy.

5)Zoltog is amazing better than Pocca atm unless you can pump the elemental in any significant way.

6)You have no card draw/cycling you may want to consider adding some Secret Labs.

7)Most of the stuff you're casting is really threshold heavy you may want to add more shards of fate, you dont have turn 1 play either so you can play them at the start of the game without too much problem.

This is my opinion but it may not be the more educated one so take it with a grain of salt.

Swapped out the Headless Executioners with High Tomblords, like it much better that way.