PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Make Demolition Stronger

Aethnen
11-24-2013, 08:59 PM
The reason Demolition isn't a good card and Stone Rain was, is that it could destroy a non-basic land but that it could also shut down a certain color if a person was running short.

If you want to make Demolition a good card it should also destroy a threshold of the person's choosing. Just a suggestion since you're rebalancing so many cards.

HellsingDS
11-24-2013, 09:15 PM
I'll say aye in regards to this, especially at 3 cost and when you consider its not as effective here as it was in mtg.

Tezius
11-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Agreed. threshold removal would be a great strategic asset.

SomeoneRandom
11-25-2013, 06:14 AM
I think I would be okay with making this remove a threshold, but honestly that isn't the real reason stone rain was good. In general land destruction is one of those cards that requires support. It is either too strong because there are too many clones and not enough answers, or it is too weak otherwise. There really is no good point where this card type of card is balanced and I am honestly really surprised they even printed a resource removal action considering it is one of the "un-fun" features that most games try to remove nowadays and it serves very little strategic purpose due to lack of non-basic resources.

Wizards has realized that the only real way to make land destruction playable is to add damage to it or make it cost more with a tacked on effect so it can be used in limited to punish greedy decks. In that sense I think it would be fine to add threshold removal to Demolition.