PDA

View Full Version : Ruby/Wild Aggro My Way

1manwolfpack
11-24-2013, 09:17 PM
First of all....Well done to the Cryptozoic team for the patch last night. I only had 3 freezes n 25+ games today. Stability is up and we can finally test. Thanks for all the hard work.

Hey guys. In game my name is "Phoenix Forge". Ive had a lot of luck running my Ruby/Wild Aggro deck. After about 20 games and tweaking its doing extremely well and remaining very consistent. Please feel free to leave suggestions on how i can better it. Here it is:

Ruby/Wild Aggro

Champion: Poca

x13 Ruby Shard
x11 Wild Shard
x4 Ragefire
x4 Ruby Pyromancer
x4 Gem Crazed Beserker (Speed Gem)
x4 Embershire Witch
x4 Lord Alexander
x4 Gas Troll
x4 Nelebrin Skimisher (Spellshield Gem)
x4 Feral Ogre
x4Verdant Wyldeboar

Ideal Start
-Wild Shard
-1st Turn Gas Troll
-Ruby Shard
-2nd Ruby Pyromancer or Verdant Wyldebeast
-Then progress reds or wyldeboar / ogre
-Use Ragefire to clear defenders or DD.... depends on your play style
-USe your champion ability when it makes sense, dont sacrifice it unless it is advantageous.
-A second Gas Troll early can do very well. Pump, pump, pump.....
-If red heavy play an Aggro Mono Ruby style to try and get them low on hp.
-Wyldeboars.....ah my pretties, i love you. This can get a huge lead early. Play them only when you know it will go through unblocked.
-Play Pyromancers as constants that can attack only when there is no defender or its to win the game.
-Feral Ogres are great to get pumped by Ruby Pyromancers and then use to 'chip' crush, taking out smaller mobs and dealing msall damage w/ crush
-Skirmishers are an obviously...wait to make your first attack when you know it will go through for the buff. dont waste these!

Ive had games look like mono ruby and win. Ive had games look quick mono wild win. This had many different play styles, but they all seem to work. This deck can be super fast.Try it out....I've had amazing success.

Fell free to comment, or challenge me in game.

Phoenix Forge

Entityofsin
11-24-2013, 09:34 PM
The deck is a bunch of 1-3 mana drop low threshhold cards? I can't really see anything wrong with it. I have a much slower version that's more Wild mana based and attempts to capitalize off using Crash of Beasts as a win condition since they spit out 3/3 Rhinos. I even tried it with Pack Raptors as well but I'm pretty bad at making my own original decks right now.

Looks great though. Is 3 mana drop cards considered to be mid-ranged?

1manwolfpack
11-24-2013, 09:44 PM
In an early Aggro deck 3 is probably the max you want to go....or even the max you NEED to go.

Entityofsin
11-24-2013, 09:49 PM
So going for really high mana cost cards and only using a couple of them is a bad idea in general or just a bad idea for these kinds of decks?

1manwolfpack
11-24-2013, 09:58 PM
You should win with this deck by turn 5-7.... if not early with this type of deck. Therefore it does'nt make sense to build in high mana cost troops. Pulling one early could hinder you from pulling a low cost essential troop for the build.

1manwolfpack
11-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Okay guys... the new and improved. This is much better. Credit to Mystic Fish Mom for some insights.

Ruby Shard x13
Wild Shard x11

Chaos Key x2 (To deal with Fist)

Burn x3
Ragefire x4
Wild Growth x2

Gem-Crazed Beserker x4 (Speed Gem)
Ruby Pyromancer x4
Unmerciful Tormentor x4
Veteran Gladiator x3
Gas Troll x4
Verdant Wyldeboar x4
Feral Ogre x2

Gas Troll Rollin'!

Let me know what you guys think....

Entityofsin
11-25-2013, 08:43 PM
I've tried the new deck out against the AI (I'm just trying to learn deck building for now and optimize consistency as much as possible) and the deck is pretty good. I felt the deck had a lot of flow to it but here are some things that I noticed.

Gas Troll doesn't always get a +1/+1. Such as if I first play him and then any Ruby card afterwards on the same turn it wouldn't get the boost. I have no idea if this is a bug or not but it seems kind of silly that it wouldn't get the boost. Just a thought I suppose on that card and I haven't got Gas Troll above a 2/2 though from the small sample of games against the AI.

Veteran Gladiator though is my favorite Ruby troop. Has a really nice effect of stopping possible blockers. XD

Aethnen
11-25-2013, 10:48 PM
I personally wouldn't bother with the Chaos Key. If they get Fist out, you're either going to win through superior attackers or lose anyway. If you have to get out the key and then spend the five mana to pop it, you're already close to losing conditions for an aggro deck like this.

My $.02.

chunky04
11-28-2013, 05:40 PM
wolfpack, you wouldn't happen to be the chap who used to run the Phoenix Forge game store would you?

Indormi
11-28-2013, 06:02 PM
I agree with Aethnen, if they get a fist you need to race it, fist can only block the turn is played so is not that big of a deal. While ogres are great they seem to be to threshold heavy for a double shards deck moreso if you need to drop them fast, I would swap them with roostosaur which is great both to rush your oponent or as a blocker. I would think of adding supresive fire(it got buffed this patch) and maybe ruby auras so you have more tricks to dump your hand for your tormentors.

I wanted to try sometime a more mid-range of this 2 shards with WRD Alexander and Daring Swordman, as pumping the swordman is just nuts. I'll probably build it on next couple of days and see how it fares.

Entityofsin
11-28-2013, 08:04 PM
I agree with Aethnen, if they get a fist you need to race it, fist can only block the turn is played so is not that big of a deal. While ogres are great they seem to be to threshold heavy for a double shards deck moreso if you need to drop them fast, I would swap them with roostosaur which is great both to rush your oponent or as a blocker. I would think of adding supresive fire(it got buffed this patch) and maybe ruby auras so you have more tricks to dump your hand for your tormentors.

I wanted to try sometime a more mid-range of this 2 shards with WRD Alexander and Daring Swordman, as pumping the swordman is just nuts. I'll probably build it on next couple of days and see how it fares.

Daring Swordsman with Incite Fury. Rage 2. Daring has 2 attack, that damage is increased by 2 for Rage 2 but the overall damage that's applied is 8. Yeah. That's nuts. However, it's still a good combo with Wild Aura too since you get the same damage in for 1 more shard resource. Daring just has very little Toughness so it would get killed by all sorts of stuff. I had a similar idea but was going to try and look into just a mono deck for the idea.

Indormi
11-28-2013, 08:14 PM
I think incite fury is overall terrible (unless casted on very very specific troops and those dont even need the extra damage). But with ruby aura, wild groths, wild root dancing pumping and stuff like that, you make your swordman very tough to deal with, you can even use wild aura for crush. Also if you play with Flynn and get 1 attack off with daring... game's probably over.