PDA

View Full Version : Macs and Beta: A Slightly Selfish Request

FeelNFine
11-27-2013, 02:14 AM
Can we wait to move into beta until the Mac client is ready?
To clarify, I'm not asking to delay and improvements or additions, just the point where the accounts get wiped and everyone gets their packs. Last I remember seeing was that the mac client wouldn't be ready until after beta. The selfish reason for this request is I don't want to fall behind, but I think it's a good idea anyways.

Yes, I know in the pool of clients, Mac users are by far the minority, however think of it from the other side, the pool of high quality Mac compatible online games is very, very small. Hex has the potential to be extremely popular within the Mac community.

Being in an online game from the start is incredibly cementing, both in personal involvement with the game, and involvement with the community. Being at the release of a set in a TCG is also unforgettable fun, and when trading is at it's peak as everyone scrambles to get what they think will be the next big thing. So for Hex, starting up the beta will be a doubly bonding experience with both the game and the players, and heck, I don't want to miss out!

jetah
11-27-2013, 06:47 AM
This has been brought up. CZE is wokring on the Mac client and has it 'working' in house. forum search should bring it up. if not use Google with "site:forums.cryptozoic.com Mac client".

it's coming soon. you can either parallels it or wineskin for now or wait till the Mac Client is released.
HEX Alpha Wineskin Mac (Working) (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=29673)

here was a long thread with a couple of cze purples posting in it.
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=28026

FeelNFine
11-27-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm well aware of the responses, hence my concern "sometime during beta" implies not ready by the time the wipe happens. My 'solution' is to hold off on the wipe until all of the clients are ready.

jetah
11-27-2013, 06:10 PM
From the post done by CZE the client might be out by new years. This is my speculation, however.

I don't expect Beta to happen till after the holidays. Again my speculation.

I actually expect that we'll transition into Beta with the full set of 4x cards. Sometime in Beta, we'll have a wipe and we'll start with boosters. I'm hoping we'll have the Alpha Tablet client by then too.