PDA

View Full Version : Ash Harpy + Mimic+ Lionel Flynn

Pseudoradius
11-27-2013, 07:53 PM
This is a nice combo I stumbled about recently.

Quick reminder: Ash Harpy is a 0/4 with Speed, Flying and Rage 4, Flynns power gives permanent +3/+0 and Mimic creates a copy of any troop you want (without buffs though)

First, you play an Ash Harpy and buff it to 3/4 with Flynns power,
then thanks to Speed and Rage 4 you can immiediately attack with her for 7 damage.
On the next turn you play mimic on her, which results in an other Harpy with Speed and Rage 4 on the field, summing up to a total of 11+4 = 15 damage this turn.
In total you get in 22 damage over two turns.

Simply put, if your opponent doesn't immiediately find an answer he is dead. (Lifegain decks can hold a little bit longer, but since Rage is essentially the buff form of escalation they will also have to be quick.)

An even more badass move would be to use Mastery of Time to turn it into an artificial one turn combo, but that drives the Resource requirement up to 11 so to a very late point of time.

I don't have a really good deck to go with this but I still wanted to share it. Also if we abstract from the combo a little bit a Mimic/Speed deck sounds like a really cool deck-concept to try out.

What do you guys think?

Entityofsin
11-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Ash Harpy is one of my favorite late game Ruby cards to drop on someone. Sounds cool though for a deck idea. I wouldn't try and get too heavy on large card combos though, such as more than two card combos, cause of cost requirements. Mono Ruby decks already can push for insane damage in early and mid game. Even without Mimic, Ash Harpy is incredibly threatening in situations where you don't have lethal with it and other Troops/Actions.

Damascus
11-28-2013, 03:03 AM
Ash harpy is a really cool card - even moreso imo after they gave it speed in the recent patch. Lionel Flynn is pretty cool too, I used to use him to buff Xentoth's Inquisitors with the old blood gems that let them damage opponents when played, so that they did additional damage everytime they recurred.