PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Sorrow, it's far too powerful

funktion
12-01-2013, 05:24 AM
Earlier today I was using my shin'hare deck and joined a game against a blood deck. All game long I was pumping out battle hoppers and I was able to get more and more every turn. I wasn't ever able get anything else but I always managed to have a blocker for whatever my opponent could throw at me. Eventually I had nine quadrabillionjillion battle hoppers and I finally drew a buccaneer. Inspired by my Charles Barkley-esque rabbit commando I was truly ready to slam jam for nine quadrabillionjillion damage...

...and then my opponent played Sorrow. I mean WTF, it prevented all that damage, with just one card. Sorrow is way too powerful, and it must be a bug if it can prevent that much damage.

See what I did there, at some point it just gets absurd.

Gwaer
12-01-2013, 06:26 AM
Sorrow too strong.

ursa23
12-01-2013, 06:40 AM
In fact, all the cards are OP. Let's just have a nice friendly game of Go Fish.

ossuary
12-01-2013, 06:51 AM
I was going to recommend Blackjack instead, but then I remembered about the aces. I mean, come on... one OR eleven? Talk about overpowered. Nerf!

Muoteck
12-01-2013, 07:25 AM
All cards are OP and need a buff!

Xenavire
12-01-2013, 07:25 AM
Haha, nice thread. If anything, sorrow should be buffed, just to piss people off.

And on a similar topic, atrophy should be buffed to -2/-1 or -2/-2. It isnt worth putting in a deck - it is less useful than sorrow and the card draw does not mitigate that fact due to it costing 4. Or it could be -4/-4 and temporary, with a card draw.
Eh, I am probably complaining over something that will perform well enough in drafts, but I just want to like Atrophy.

HyenaNipples
12-01-2013, 07:44 AM
You know what card is way OP? Resource cards! If you have enough resource cards, you can play ALL the cards in your hand- and your opponent has very few options to deal with that.

escapeRoute
12-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Sorrow too strong.

ill quote it cause stating this once was not enough

Lawlschool
12-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Haha, nice thread. If anything, sorrow should be buffed, just to piss people off.

And on a similar topic, atrophy should be buffed to -2/-1 or -2/-2. It isnt worth putting in a deck - it is less useful than sorrow and the card draw does not mitigate that fact due to it costing 4. Or it could be -4/-4 and temporary, with a card draw.
Eh, I am probably complaining over something that will perform well enough in drafts, but I just want to like Atrophy.

It's a good Inquis counter, so worth sideboarding. Though, if you play a 2/0 Inquis, does it keep coming back and will its on-play effect still work? I might need to try this out...

On the topic of OP cards though, I think the Royal Flush should be nerfed. Not really fair that one hand can win you every single game of poker. Let's give my pair of 2s a better chance, right?

Xenavire
12-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Inquis should still work, but come into play effects are broken right now when a troop has negative or zero defense.

And I wouldn't sideboard atrophy for inquis anyway - its more cost effective and more versatile to run chaos keys.

ossuary
12-01-2013, 08:42 AM
I don't know if it's bugged or as intended, since we don't have the full rulebook yet, but I can confirm that "on enter play" abilities don't trigger if you play a troop with 0 or less defense, it just goes straight to the graveyard instead.

MMOSprinks
12-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Almost as bad as having 8 creatures on the board for lethal and seeing an extinction come out. Sadness all around.

DackFayden
12-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Sorrow too strong.

You think sorrow is strong wait until you see misery.

ossuary
12-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Misery only works if you have Company in play though, so it's still pretty balanced.

funktion
12-02-2013, 06:58 PM
You think sorrow is strong wait until you see misery.

Not to be confused with the similarly named Miser-y, where all of your cards cost 1 less so long as you only have one copy of each card in your deck.

ossuary
12-03-2013, 06:07 AM
Wouldn't that be Miserly?

Also, SO overpowered in EDH. Nerf!