PDA

View Full Version : Tablet Support

Mongi
12-01-2013, 12:12 PM
I know that we reached the tablet support stretch goal (Go us backers!!! :D) and they said they'll provide iOS and Android versions, but what about support for the Windows RT?

Mathaw
12-01-2013, 04:22 PM
For all 4 of you? :)

Xenavire
12-01-2013, 05:13 PM
For all 4 of you? :)

Aww, play nicely.

Hopefully, they will (as time goes on) be able to expand to as many tablets as possible. But for now they will be focusing on Android and IOS firmwares.

People have similar worries about smartphones - some smartphones are powerhouses and could play a slightly tweaked version with no issues whatsoever, but it is up to CZE whether they will try to bring support to them or not.

mudkip
12-01-2013, 05:21 PM
It seems like a poor time investment. I mean, likely 99% of current backers have an Android or Apple mobile device, and of the non-backer population that have a Windows RT device, I doubt there's a large pool who would start playing Hex if the client came out for their device.

Xenavire
12-01-2013, 05:24 PM
It seems like a poor time investment. I mean, likely 99% of current backers have an Android or Apple mobile device, and of the non-backer population that have a Windows RT device, I doubt there's a large pool who would start playing Hex if the client came out for their device.

Well, like I said, thats up to CZE. And you can't predict the future - maybe a new Windows RT device comes out that sells like hotcakes and CZE wants to cash in on the new population of Windows RT users.

I will admit I never really hear much about windors tablets at all though. It is always Android vs IOS.

jetah
12-01-2013, 06:17 PM
The Win RT OS that's the one that requires the app to be on the windows store right?

Asus pulled out of the Win RT (http://allthingsd.com/20130730/asus-pulling-back-on-windows-rt-chairman-says/) market. Many sites are even wondering if MS should just pull the product.

I can't see, as of right now, that CZE should take the time to make a client for RT.