PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Combination Gems

BenRGamer
12-03-2013, 02:22 PM
You know, I was looking over the gems and how some have multiple thresholds, and I had a thought.

Why are they all of the same color? Why not have a Sapphire-Ruby Gem, or a Blood-Wild Orb? Or even go completely crazy and have one Pan-Magical Gem-orb that requires one of everything?

It opens up a ton of extra options for gems if people are using those specific colors, and it can potentially let them be a little more powerful--as it's harder to be able to use them.

It's probably too late in the design process to make new gems for this set, but it'd be a good idea to make sure that the functionality to make those kinds of gems is available while it's still in alpha.

mudkip
12-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Good points. I would expect multi-threshold gems to appear later on in the sets, around the same time multi-threshold cards appear.

jetah
12-03-2013, 06:19 PM
So you're suggesting having pure gems. Then add in multi color gems which are 2 or more colors of the pure gems? This reminds me of how Path of Exile has amulets. There are the 3 base amulets for primary stat. Then there are 3 amulets which combine 2 of the base together (ie like Strength + Dex).