PDA

View Full Version : King Gab's Wild Troops

Entityofsin
12-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Alright, so I was trying to think of a decent deck to play and created a rough draft first. I think it's a good start but I'm a little unsure with some of the card picks.

*Updated Deck list

Diamond Troops:
4 Protectorate Clergyman
4 Spearcliff Cloud Knight
3 His Majesty, King Gabriel

Diamond Actions:
3 Stoneskin
3 Repel

Wild Troops:
4 Howling Brave
4 Wild Root Dancer
3 Moon'ariu Sensai

Wild Actions:
4 Crash of Beasts
3 Wild Growth

Constants:
1 Resurrection

Resources:
13 Diamond Shards
9 Wild Shards
2 Shards of Fate

I basically was looking for a way to simply have very large troops. I'm aware that Stoneskin isn't going to stop Extinction plays from happening but I want to be able to have as large of attackers and defenders as possible. If they're large enough I don't have to worry about stuff like Spellshield. My semi-out to Spellshield is Wild Growth on one of my Troops that has 4 or 5 attack. There really isn't a single Spellshield troop in the game that has enough defense to survive that kind of blocker.

Between Clergyman, Wild Root Dancer, and a very late game Resurrection, I feel the deck can beef up all the guys relatively high in the mid game. King Gabs are for being able to block anything that I can and each King Gab play is a double threat on the field.

Some potential side board cards I've considered is 2 or 3 Battle Beetle with Spellshield gem, possibly 2 Sapper's Charge, 2 Forgotten Lord or Captain of the Dragon Guard, Inner Conflict (not sure if this is better than Repel), 2 or 3 Secret Library. Not entirely sure right now but those are some cards that come to mind right away as options to me.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome as always. This is just my rough draft for now. I haven't actually played any games with it but I kind of like the synergy that it does provide even if it was 100% made out of theorycrafting.

Entityofsin
12-06-2013, 12:59 AM
After some testing, it does seem like I need more Resource Shards. Love to get some suggestions from people on what I could cut for an additional 2 to 4 Resource Shards.

beepharoni
12-06-2013, 05:56 AM
It's always hard to make a cut, at least for me. After looking at your deck I see 2 possible choices for the cut.

First: the howling brave. Usually this card is played to ramp into things early. For wild it's great to get chloro out and pump some even larger cards on the board. You really don't have very many cards that are high enough cost to warrant having 4 of this guy in your deck. I understand why he is there, and I understand why he is good, however I feel like having him in your deck to get to your King / Resurrection a turn or two early does NOT make up for the fact that you are starved for shards.

Second: you could drop one of your buffer cards. The inspiration card is great because every time you play a troop they will benefit from that card. The Wild root dancer is great because it's one of the most overpowered cards in the game, especially if you have two out at once, but when you are short on shards the root dancer is useless. you can have 3 root dancers out, but if you aren't drawing sources, they are just a wasted card. I'd consider cutting the clergyman, and relying on the Resurrection to be the compliment to your root dancer.

Entityofsin
12-06-2013, 10:29 AM
I'll try moving some stuff around for the additional shards. Thanks for the suggestions.

GrinningBuddha
12-06-2013, 11:31 AM
You have 3 7-cost cards and 3 9-cost cards. You will not be able to cast these consistently with the mana base that you have. More often than not you'll end up with a handicapped Wild/Diamond midrange deck.

You need to decide what you want the deck to be, a full ramp-to-Gabriel and Resurrection deck, or a focused mid-range deck with the best 3 and 4 cost Wild and Diamond troops.

Entityofsin
12-06-2013, 12:01 PM
I dropped 2 Resurrection for 2 Shards of Fare and 1 Wild Growth and 1 Stoneskin for 1 Diamond Shard and 1 Wild Shard.

Gonna test this with some guildies later today. I think it should provide much better results with the extra 4 Resource cards.

Dadalos
12-06-2013, 01:14 PM
let us know how the changes work for you. Ive been working on an alternate deck list with changes I think would improve the deck (granted most changes anyone can make will be mostly due to play style and preference.)

Entityofsin
12-15-2013, 01:55 PM
The side board that I'm working on making looks sort of like this.

2 Verdant Wyldeboar
1 Chaos Key
3 Nature Reigns
2 Bottled Vitae
2 Sapper's Charge
3 Shield Trainer
2 Battle Beetle (Shieldshield gem)

Here's the updated version of the deck. I'm keeping the original post above unedited from this so I can see the older version in case that is better or for whatever other reasons I can think of later.

Diamond Troops:
4 Spearcliff Cloud Knight
3 His Majesty, King Gabriel
3 Frost Wizard

Diamond Actions:
2 Stoneskin
2 Howling Ambush
2 Inner Conflict

Wild Troops:
4 Wild Root Dancer
3 Moon'ariu Sensai
3 Howling Brave

Wild Actions:
4 Crash of Beasts
3 Wild Growth

Constants:
1 Resurrection

Artifacts:
2 Hex Engine

Resources:
12 Diamond Shards
10 Wild Shards
2 Shards of Fate

It's a fairly aggro style deck and is slightly slow with some starting hands. I'm working on control decks but this is what I have the most polished up right now. Just not very good at coming up with side boards for decks that I want to play.