PDA

View Full Version : All The Things!

BenRGamer
12-08-2013, 06:45 PM
For funzies, I've decided to throw together a five color graveyard manipulation deck. Works pretty well in casual play, I've won several games with it, and, I can get all five colors out fairly commonly with Shards of Fate and an even distribution, but it needs more deck manipulation to be good, I think.

Here it is if anyone else wants to try it out.

Champion: Nin

4x Shards of Fate
4x Diamond
4x Sapphire
4x Ruby
4x Blood
4x Wild

3x Howling Brave
3x Stargazer
4x Midnight Shepherd
3x Living Totem
3x Buccaneer
3x Loregoyle
1x Uruunaz

3x Sapper's Charge
2x Chaos Key
2x The Fate Rack

3x Call the Grave
3x Burn
3x Oracle Song
3x Repel

1x Resurrection

Total: 64

Pretty much, use Nin and The Fate Rack to mill the opponents enemies, then steal them with Call the Grave or Midnight Shepherd, use Loregoyle if you lose any vital spell to get it back in the deck. Use Sapper's Charge/Chaos Key/Burn/Repel/Buccaneer for Denial, Living Totem for a backup powerhouse, and Stargazer for healing/draw.

I just put Resurrection there for a lark, I've only ever been able to get it out once, Uruunaz is a little more likely, though, if you can discard him through Stargazer and bring him back through the Shepherd.

ossuary
12-08-2013, 08:46 PM
This looks pretty interesting. I made a deck to try to test Midnight Shepherd as well (note: he reverts enemy troops instead of letting them keep their permanent modifications, the same as Uruunaz does), though it has a lot less graveyard manipulation. I built it more as a denial / mill deck with Shepherds to beat them with their own discarded creatures. I like your idea of using Loregoyles though, I never even thought of that... it's a good strategy, since they're single threshold. I just might have to update my version. Nice work! :)

In case anyone is interested, here is my version:

Ossuary's Crappy But Not Completely Worthless Midnight Shepherd Deck (patent pending)

6x Wild Shard
8x Blood Shard
7x Diamond Shard
6x Ruby Shard
7x Sapphire Shard
4x Shards of Fate
---
38 resources

2x Murder
3x Extinction
4x Persecute
3x Pact of Pain
4x Midnight Shepherd

4x Oracle Song
4x Twisted Fate
4x Chronic Madness
4x Ancestor's Chosen
2x Archmage Wrenlocke

4x Repel
4x Eternal Youth
2x Resurrection

3x Howling Brave
4x Stargazer
3x Pact of Life

4x Burn
2x Cerebral Fulmination

2x Eternal Guardian
---
62 spells (100 cards total)

It actually works surprisingly well, as long as you don't get completely threshold screwed... which is, of course, fairly likely with all 5 colors and only Shards of Fate to rely on (Adaptable Infusion Devices would help). A good ramp or aggro deck will usually trounce you ruthlessly, unless you get just the right combination of denial / stall. This version is running at roughly a 35% win rate, which I consider to be pretty successful for this Johnniest of Johnny decks (which was built mainly for testing). ;)