PDA

View Full Version : I'd appreciate an update on some of the PVE content

Zomnivore
12-09-2013, 01:41 AM
Hi, saw a post a while back from Colin about some of the pve dungeons... I understand not wanting to spoil something cool...but there's obviously like a starter dungeon you don't care about spoiling...

Would be cool, obviously you know...do what works with your production/distribution model.

Alpha's been the main focus of updates recently is all, and I'd like to hear more about the PVE side of the game that's going to be part of a large focus of the experience.

(if you agree and would like to hear a bit more about pve totally bump this with me eh!?)

madar
12-09-2013, 02:06 AM
Yea, i am here mainly for the PVE, so some news isn't hurt for sure. I mean... i am sure the design is ready on paper and modelled already, but how is goin on with the implementing? It will be easy to put into the client, because just an special art of the dungeon, some speech between fights, and the standard AI who do the fights with special decks? I suppose the item-management have to be ready before the PVE launch.
But as i understood the PVP have priority over the PVE, so i think we have to wait the tournament, draft, other PVP stuff first - or it's different teams?

Kroan
12-09-2013, 03:06 AM
They already spoiled some of the dungeons, like the Junkyard and the Kraken's Lair

You can find some info here:
http://hextcg.com/dungeon-delving/
http://hextcg.com/dungeon-crawl/
http://hextcg.com/dragon-slaying/
http://hextcg.com/adventure-awaits/
http://hextcg.com/the-krakens-lair/

Handsofevil
12-09-2013, 05:14 AM
I am most excited for PvE as well, don't get me wrong. But this is Alpha. This is for server testing more than anything. Implimenting a PvE experience will be a HUGE UI update. I would much rather they focus on server strength and game bugs than any PvE content. They are working on the inhouse. Be patient...

Soldack
12-09-2013, 05:22 AM
I am most excited for PvE as well, don't get me wrong. But this is Alpha. This is for server testing more than anything. Implimenting a PvE experience will be a HUGE UI update. I would much rather they focus on server strength and game bugs than any PvE content. They are working on the inhouse. Be patient...

Hands,

I too look forward to some PvE! I got a Dungeon Crawler tier so when this thing is live lets builds some decks with synergy together to wreck some raids!

ossuary
12-09-2013, 05:35 AM

I think he was saying he just wants to hear more about it (like some more articles from that side of the dev team). Not necessarily that he wants it put into the game client right away.

Handsofevil
12-09-2013, 05:30 PM
That is possible, but they have released quite a bit. But I know that I don't want to know a dungeon before I go in it. I'd rather go through the story blind and be amazed at their creativity then. If I watch it all now, then it feels like I'm replaying the game. :/ But that's just me.

Shaqattaq
12-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Kevin Jordan and I have had some scheduling conflicts with the busy push before the holiday break, but we'll be getting together soon to give you a nice update on PVE before the end of year.

havocattack
12-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Kevin Jordan and I have had some scheduling conflicts with the busy push before the holiday break, but we'll be getting together soon to give you a nice update on PVE before the end of year.

Nice :D

knightofeffect
12-09-2013, 06:35 PM
The gave some pretty awesome information at the PvE panel at DragonCon. I'm sure someone has a link to some of that info... =)

Zomnivore
12-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Glad to hear it :)

I've pretty much consumed as much information as there is to consume atm. always in the mood to hear more.

Gwaer
12-09-2013, 06:56 PM
http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/project/dragoncon-2013-hextcg-pve-design-panel/

I recorded this, so I'm always glad to link to it =)

There's a pvp one, and a short interview with chris woods as well if you haven't listened to them.

ursa23
12-10-2013, 02:03 AM
I am so psyched for PVE, you don't even know. But, as poet-philosopher Axl Rose once put it, "All we need is a little patience."

ZillahEnoch
12-10-2013, 03:51 AM
poet-philosopher Axl Rose
Dat Brujah feel :cool:

I am also in Hex for the PVE, and I would love an update about this. For example when you look at the links that Kroan posted, the most recent is from June 14th which is... a little while ago, let's put it this way !
Don't get me wrong, I love the alpha how it is and I would not complain about a thing. I would be delighted to know more about the PVE though, just as a bonus.

Vorpal
12-10-2013, 09:42 AM
I am insanely excited for the pve. I want to take nothing but a starter deck and slowly work my way through increasingly more difficult and desperate dungeons, growing my card pool and capabilities all the way.

Sadly, by the nature of pve, and the need for it to actually be challenging on release and not already 'solved' I don't see them putting most of this stuff out in alpha/beta. Maybe one dungeon to test that mechanics are working.

But I feel like most of the pve stuff has to unveiled for the first time with release to make it exciting.

Idus
12-11-2013, 02:55 AM

That'd be great, as I'm mainly in the game for PvE. While there has been a lot of info in the past on the "vision" for PvE, there has also been quite a bit of conflicting info over each update, I assume as the design is naturally being refined into a working model.

So a "state of the nation" on the current design would be great,along with maybe some more detail on stuff we haven't heard a lot of detail on, such as crafting, and guilds.

Idus
12-19-2013, 01:23 PM
End of the year is fast approaching Shaqattaq, hope you've still got a nice Xmas present planned for us? :)

mudkip
12-19-2013, 04:49 PM
End of the year is fast approaching Shaqattaq, hope you've still got a nice Xmas present planned for us? :)

From his comment on Page 1, I'm excited for the update tomorrow.

Vorpal
12-20-2013, 12:06 PM
I would honestly not expect much in the way of pve until monetized beta is under way.

They need to finish up drafting and a storefront before beta can begin, IMO.

Zomnivore
12-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Eh, just anytime close to xmass would be nice, doesn't have to happen on time if stuffs getting in the way.

koisoujiro
12-20-2013, 06:28 PM
yeah cant wait for the first dungeon to roll out.

Zophie
12-20-2013, 08:27 PM
I'm not sure if they talked about this, but I hope they have some voice acting for the dungeons and NPCs and quests and things :)

koisoujiro
12-20-2013, 11:09 PM
many game developers do not value voice over all that much, again my son played wizard 101, where EVERY quest was finely voice acted. Hearthstone is one perfect example where every card has personality, with its own visual effects down to the minions having a unique taunt or quip when played, it really gets people into the game.

Handsofevil
12-20-2013, 11:22 PM
It may get some people into the game, but to me it's unnecessary and gets annoying. I end up muting Hearthstone because I don't want to hear my cards yelling things every 2 seconds...

DirtFarmer
12-20-2013, 11:25 PM
Any word on when Hex will go live? I know this is in the wrong forum but hoping someone see's its since its new. I thought it would be out by now but I haven't received any emails for downloads. I put in a couple hundred bucks and want to play dammit.

Gwaer
12-21-2013, 12:11 AM
The alpha is out, you should have gotten an invite, check your spam folder, and if you can't find it head over to their support site, I think it is support.hextcg.com

DirtFarmer
12-21-2013, 01:55 PM
The alpha is out, you should have gotten an invite, check your spam folder, and if you can't find it head over to their support site, I think it is support.hextcg.com

Thanks for the help!