PDA

View Full Version : Tournaments and Reserves are Here!

Shaqattaq
12-12-2013, 11:29 AM
by Shaggy

Tournaments can be a fun and efficient way to quickly test deck ideas against multiple players; you may even face an opponent with a similar deck and share your ideas. Itís a great way to make new friends and win some prizes at the same time.

http://hextcg.com/tournaments-and-reserves-are-here/

Kroan
12-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Hmm, I was hoping to see some mention of the reward for winners :P Ah well, can't wait to start playing those 8-mans either way. Come'on, download faster! :D

ouphie
12-12-2013, 11:39 AM
I am really looking forward to playing a few tourneys this weekend. Thanks CZE!

Shaqattaq
12-12-2013, 12:08 PM
The rewards will be a surprise that will be delivered sometime post-Kickstarter rewards. We're big on surprises. =)

jtatta
12-12-2013, 12:15 PM
The rewards will be a surprise that will be delivered sometime post-Kickstarter rewards. We're big on surprises. =)

My man. Keep up the good work, Will!

dwebber88
12-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Thrilled to actually see how far my deck's are gonna come.

Edit: As you asked, for feedback. i will just list it all in this post everytime if have something to add.

Firstly its awesome, not buggy at all, and a lot of fun.

That said. This is what i found.
- Would be cool to have a chat dedicated to the tournament
- Between matches you really can not do anything. would be cool to still look at your deck, chat with the other players in the tournament, or spectate other games.
- Most counter cards disappear from deck after saving and going back to deckbuilder.
- A player quitting the client bugs up the next game for the opponent.
- to be continued.

malloc31
12-12-2013, 12:36 PM
any one see if they have added any new cards? (i'm at work and can't log on for a bit)

ShaggySan
12-12-2013, 12:38 PM
any one see if they have added any new cards? (i'm at work and can't log on for a bit)

We added 4 new cards. You can see the full patch notes here (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=31258).

Shaggy :cool:

malloc31
12-12-2013, 12:40 PM
woot! thanks

hammer
12-12-2013, 11:52 PM
If Sideboard = Reserves; Sideboarding = ??

primer
12-13-2013, 01:23 AM
"If Sideboard = Reserves; Sideboarding = ??"

Obv reservesesing... dur.

Patrigan
12-13-2013, 06:47 AM
When you call in the reserves, you call in the reinforcements, so your reinforcing your deck?

escapeRoute
12-13-2013, 07:25 AM
im wondering, can tournaments actually finish? its my second attempt and they never pass the first stage... i am stuck at looking the tournament lobby waiting for my second opponent to pop up while another game is allways stuck in the "progress" phase... i quitted the first one and i decided to wait in the second one just to see if its a bug or its working as intended.. its like 40 mins now XD

Eierdotter
12-16-2013, 07:43 AM
Suggestions:
- a indicator if a game is bugged/in progress would be nice in the lobby (currently you have to ask every other bracket if their game was bugged or is still in progress)
- addition of a Tournament Chat-tab
- Gems changeable during the Reserve-ing... whyle sideboarding
- addition of 2-man tournament challenge would be awesome (looks like not much work to code, from a clueless persons POV)
- in deckbuilder, changing cards from deck to reserve more user-friendly (not very important)
- show who was the winner in the top of the lobby, maybe add a whisper too after it ended and send it to the 8 players something like: "From Tournament: Player -Winkeepdition- claims victory in tournament #1337!"
- waiting for the next opponent is boring... enable deckbuilder with a announcement etc. (current workaround, play control and not aggro!)
- for the near future, add a quick tournament format that favors aggro decks/quick playerdecisions due to only 15minute timers.

Bugged Stuff:
- Chat Friendslist is out of place in the lobby (or at least for me)
- Reverse changes after the last match get saved, so your original maindeck is altered in the deckbuilder and future games.
- If someone gets the coinflip bug, 8 people are screwed.
- For some reason some people do not get the (eliminated) after their name on the left side (for example i have won 2 rounds and wait for my final opponent to win his round2, while there should be 5 eliminated, i see only 3)
- Deck selection is scaled super big, can only choose from 12 decks (ordered by time of creation)