PDA

View Full Version : Wild Diamond Lifegain Bonanza!

BenRGamer
12-14-2013, 06:16 PM
Here's another deck I threw together based around lifegain. As last time, reserve is in parentheses.

Champion: Dimmid

Resources:
10x Wild
10x Diamond
4x Shards of Fate
1x Sapphire

Troops:
4x Stargazer
4x Adamanthian Scrivener
4x Righteous Paladin
4x Wild Root Dancer
2x Ozawa, Cosmic Elder
2x Loregoyle
2x Battle Beetle (Spellshield)
(2x Battle Beetle (Spellshield))

Actions:
4x Soothing Breeze
4x Wild Aura
4x Repel
4x Stoneskin
(4x Nature Reigns)
(4x Inner Conflict)

Constants:
4x Pact of Life

Artifacts:
(4x Ivory Pawn)

Basically, get as much life as possible, preferably with the Paladin out. The Stargazers give health and draw if you can get the Sapphire out, either by drawing it or with Shards of Fate. Give the Wild Aura to a Paladin or Ozawa and go to town, the Paladin can get big fast with constant healing from the Stargazers.

If you come across a control deck or an effective burn deck, replace Ozawa with the other beetles and maybe add the Ivory Pawns to help get some health and a bigger Paladin. Inner Conflict is for Briggadon.

BenRGamer
12-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Any tips on how to improve this one? I like this one.

VeScorp
12-19-2013, 12:38 AM
I would really consider romoving something in order to fit the playset of Spearcliff Cloud Knight and maybe a pair of living totems

Also, i don't feel like ivory pawn is useful even in the sideboard - and if you decide to go with more lifedrain troops - i would replace it with Heroic Inspiration - HexedHavoc is running such a combination in his top-16 tournament deck and it worked amazingly well against an agressive deck - when you block with pony and buff it with inspiration - not only your pony survives and kills the opposing troop - you also gain 11 health which is not something an opponent is going to be happy about

BlackRoger
12-27-2013, 03:23 AM
lifegain is only really usefull if you are racing.
So the biggest weakness of this deck would be against control decks who just kill your phew win conditions.
Maybe putting in a few more sapphire to get more card draw into your deck would be nice, or going blood for pact of pain to be able to make all that life into cards, but that could to stretch your shard base.

Agree with VeScorp about switching soothing breeze for cloud knights, maybe put in soul marble as well to protect your win conditions instead of stoneskin.

BenRGamer
12-29-2013, 09:43 AM
Well, I'm mainly using stuff that takes advantage of all of that lifegain. Namely, the Paladin's, maybe an Ozawa, and with the latest patch, Incantation of Righteousness. Though the bug with it is keeping me from using the deck at this point.

I probably will drop something for the cloud knight, but I like to keep the Soothing Breeze to top my health off if I need it.

VeScorp
12-30-2013, 01:22 AM
4 copies of a cards means that:
a) you want to see it on the starting hand
b) you want to see more than one copy per game
Are you sure about soothing breeze having to be a 4-of(considering you are sure you want to play it)?

also 4 scriv + 4 gazer looks like too much for me, they occupy 8 slots in deck, and for both of them the main (and nearly the only) purpose is buffing the paladin. Seems like you could cut few of those (probably stargazers, because u need T2 DD to play a paladin - which means your 1-drop should be diamond (though, gazers are better overall so I'm not sure...)