PDA

View Full Version : Ruby-Sapphire 3-Cost Inspire Deck

BenRGamer
12-17-2013, 08:53 AM
So, I made a deck. For fun. But it has too many cards, it was originally 64 cards, but I got mana screwed too many times and threw in about 6 more lands out of frustration, and suddenly it works much better.

But I think it might be good to drop some cards. Only I don't know what.

Champion: Lionel Flynn

Resources:
13x Ruby
13x Sapphire
4x Shards of Fate

Troops

3x The Ancestor Chosen
3x Unmerciful Tormentor
3x Buccaneer
3x Veteran Gladiator
4x Phoenix Guard Trainer
4x Lord Alexander, the Courageous

Actions:
4x Burn
4x Countermagic
3x Oracle Song
2x Mastery of Time

Constant/Artifacts
3x Command Tower
4x Cerebral Fulmination

Cards: 70

Eierdotter
12-17-2013, 09:34 AM
i did only look at this deck real quick, so i have no clue how it works out ingame.

but at first glance i see
70 cards = 10 cards to cut out
no real threat in the deck, if things get super awesome you drop 2 troops and attack with them...
no game changers
strange choice of troops to go with the inspires
ancestors chosen, good card, no inspire
unmerciful tormentor, 1/1 for 1 95% of the time not going to be a 4/4
flight, speed inspires for two other troops, that get rid of a potential blocker anyways.
4of countermagic as the only answer to common threats.
cerebal fulmination... i think this helps your opponent more than you.

i would try something like:
-3 ruby shard
-3 sapphire shard
-3 tormentor
-4 fulmination
-2 flight inspire
-1 speed inspire
+1 Chosen
+2 Royal Falconer (speed + command tower = 11 attack)
+1 Oracle Song
+2 Time Ripple

I hope this does not change the purpose of the deck too much

BenRGamer
12-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Basically, with Lionel Flynn and the Command Towers, I make my own bomb, Alexander can suddenly become a 7/3 with a command tower and charge power, for example--and I use Veteran Gladiator and Buccaneer to help it get through.

The Tormenter was mostly there just so I can have something other than the Chosen to play in the early game in case I need a chump blocker and is nice on the off chance I can dump my hand, which has a decent chance of happening as this is a speedy deck.

Royal Falconer does sound good, though, I might add him.

Lawlschool
12-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Basically, with Lionel Flynn and the Command Towers, I make my own bomb, Alexander can suddenly become a 7/3 with a command tower and charge power, for example--and I use Veteran Gladiator and Buccaneer to help it get through.

The Tormenter was mostly there just so I can have something other than the Chosen to play in the early game in case I need a chump blocker and is nice on the off chance I can dump my hand, which has a decent chance of happening as this is a speedy deck.

Royal Falconer does sound good, though, I might add him.

A 7/3 alexander is a nice bomb, but it's still going to be very weak to removal and chump blockers. I like where the deck is going, but you got too many cards that just don't work well together. Fulmination and Tormentor aren't good for what you're trying to do, and they work horribly together. A better 1 drop would be the mini-yeti (1/1 speed), or you could forego having a consistent 1 drop for the ever amazing Ruby Pyromancer, which will also proc your specters. Falconer is also just OP in an inspire deck with Alexander out, especially with Flynn / Command Tower / Pyromancer.

Countermagic, while awesome, is likely going to be a bit too slow for this deck. Since you're trying to beat your opponent's face in, you're going to be wanting to play cards to do that, not holding back 3 resources to hopefully counter your opponent's bombs. It's probably a great sideboard if you're up against blood control though, to counter a life siphon or an extinction, but Time Ripples are likely going to be more useful and more versatile for your deck.

Also, consider switching the Towers for Air Superiority, especially if you put in Falconer. You seem to be going for a flight-inspire deck, so air superiority would be a bit more helpful than command tower. Command tower is going to be slightly more versatile though, so could depend on how flight-focused you want to be.

I'm all for 70 card decks though, you sacrifice consistency for versatility. But right now, you might have a few too many shards, and not really enough ways to deal with being flooded. I'd drop one of Ruby or Saph and 2 of the SoF. After you remove Fulmination and Counterspell I don't think you have anything low cost cards with 2 threshold, which is what you need SoF for normally. Otherwise, since it looks like this is a faster deck, you probably don't want to have a turn where you miss out on that temp resource.

You also don't really have any high cost cards for late game (and the deck probably isn't fast enough to end the game early), so Falconer and Storm Colossus would probably be a good 3x and 2x respectively.

BenRGamer
12-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Welp, tested a few games. The Falconer is definitely a mainstay. If I get it out with speed and a charge power ready, it can almost win the game by itself, as the Falcons get the charge power buff as well, suddenly giving you a combined 15 attack power.

I figure Prophet of Lodegan would get more benefit from the Command Towers than Storm Colossus, as there's four of 'em, and it's less threshold, too.

I cut it down to 60 but it might still need some tweaks.

Resources:
11x Ruby
11x Sapphire
2x Shards of Fate

Troops
3x Ancestor's Chosen
3x Lord Alexander
3x Phoenix Guard Trainer
3x Buccaneer
3x Royal Falconer
2x Prophet of Lodegan

Actions
4x Burn
4x Oracle Song
3x Time Ripple
2x Mastery of Time
(4x Countermagic) Sideboard

Artifacts
3x Command Tower

Lawlschool
12-17-2013, 03:59 PM
That looks a lot more solid. I'm guessing the strategy is to delay until you can drop a speeded falconer or speeded flying prophets. Seems like a lot of fun!

BenRGamer
12-17-2013, 04:08 PM
That looks a lot more solid. I'm guessing the strategy is to delay until you can drop a speeded falconer or speeded flying prophets. Seems like a lot of fun!

Well, to be honest, the 'main' strategy I use is to just go around the enemy blockers with Buccaneer and Veteran Gladiator. Falconer and Lodegan are just the icing on the cake bombs that can make it really hurt

IndigoShade
12-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Well, to be honest, the 'main' strategy I use is to just go around the enemy blockers with Buccaneer and Veteran Gladiator. Falconer and Lodegan are just the icing on the cake bombs that can make it really hurt

I suddenly have the urge to make a band named Icing on the Cake Bombs, only I don't know how to play an instrument. Damn you cruel world!!!!

BenRGamer
12-21-2013, 07:48 AM
With the update, I've changed the deck up a bit--it's now a dedicated Evasion/Soft Control deck.

Resource:
11x Sapphire
11x Ruby
2x Shards of Fate

Troops:
3x Cerulean Grand Strategist
3x Phoenix Guard Trainer
3x Lord Alexander, the Courageous
3x Buccaneer
3x Veteran Gladiator
3x Menacing Gralk
3x Royal Falconer