PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Resources is too hard to type quickly when enraged.

Zomnivore
12-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Hi, we've all been there.

We're flooded, or starved...and you want to curse your fate.

But typing resources is just too...too much correct spelling, and too long a word to type while furious.

My suggestion is to call them Joules.

a unit of measure for energy.

BAMPH.

In line with the shard/gem concept...makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside...but the problem is all you buggers still use 'lands' as is your right as past magic players...but come on, this is hex, try to embrace the new. If you don't the general consensus of "eh everyone calls em lands anyway" will force me away from my satisfying solution.

The benefit to using JOUELS JOUELS JOULES is that its fun to misspell. Resources...misspelling that, feels like a new sort of defeat all of its own.

Armies
12-18-2013, 08:04 PM
or just call them shards

Handsofevil
12-18-2013, 08:08 PM
or gems

ossuary
12-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Or mana? ;)

Handsofevil
12-18-2013, 08:22 PM
#ThisIsn'tMTG

heavyhitter86
12-18-2013, 08:27 PM
Second vote for shards.

mudkip
12-18-2013, 08:32 PM
or just call them shards

Shards.

Gwaer
12-18-2013, 09:07 PM
I call them Gwaers.

OMG, I'm so freaking Gwaer starved... I have too many freaking Gwaers... I swear I have drawn a Gwaer every freaking turn. Gwaer screwed!

ossuary
12-18-2013, 09:19 PM
I Moe, I Moe.

koisoujiro
12-18-2013, 11:51 PM
shards or gems should be fine... I use shards.

Patrigan
12-18-2013, 11:55 PM
Shards, mostly because I wouldn't like to be screwed by the Gwaers...

Zomnivore
12-19-2013, 12:01 AM
Shards.

I think the problem with shards is that, you use that word to refer to the threshold too.

Gems and you're refering to the socketed bits...

They've taken all the juicy gem sounding words...which is why I stuck onto Joules.

(didn't use jewels because....they're not all gems)

Gwaer
12-19-2013, 12:11 AM
If I were to theoretically stop using Gwaers (which by the way doesn't suffer from the overabundance of gem related words to use)

Shards seems fine, threshold is pretty uncommonly replaced by shards in my mind. I propose a system of terms that specify the threshold you're talking about, I don't have enough leafs(not leaves), or drops for blood... Saps, dimes, rubes.... These sound ridiculous now, but one day no one will think twice.

Patrigan
12-19-2013, 12:57 AM
These sound ridiculous now, but one day no one will think twice.

This.

Who would've thought people would often be saying "I don't have enough land!" Oh, wait...

FlyingMeatchip
12-19-2013, 01:26 AM
Hex Joules of Fate, nah just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Zomnivore
12-19-2013, 01:29 AM
Hex Joules of Fate, nah just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Hex Joules of Fate: Threshold of Madness, Capacitor of Corruption!

not terrible

Ya, no I still like shards of fate as a title, especially because shards are a new key feature that make hex stand out as an experience.

Voices
12-19-2013, 02:04 AM
I type RS and people seem to get what I mean (or. at least, that is what I like to think).

mudkip
12-19-2013, 07:43 AM
I think the problem with shards is that, you use that word to refer to the threshold too.

I just say "Thresh" as the shorthand term of threshold.

Lonenut
12-19-2013, 09:17 AM
Cryptogenic Magic Field Accelerators.

Xenavire
12-19-2013, 11:55 AM
Or leave them as resources. When you are angry enough to be unable to type resources, then you probably aren't a nice person to talk with at that point. It could be just the buffer we need between a resource starved person and needing a profanity filter.

Aradon
12-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Call them lands, refer to threshold as their colors, and I don't have to change a single habit from mtg :P

"Not enough lands, couldn't get my second blue."

Yep.

BlackRoger
12-19-2013, 12:48 PM
I call them Gwaers.

OMG, I'm so freaking Gwaer starved... I have too many freaking Gwaers... I swear I have drawn a Gwaer every freaking turn. Gwaer screwed!

Please don't, I have no idea how to pronounce it, and every time I read your name my tongue does loops in my mouth trying to figure out how to say it.

jetah
12-19-2013, 08:17 PM
If you're too angry to type then you need to back off and cool down. You should never get so angry that you cant type.. I blame everything on typo's and bad spelling. so there. also my keys are randomly changed on my keyboard.

Please don't, I have no idea how to pronounce it, and every time I read your name my tongue does loops in my mouth trying to figure out how to say it.

p.s. i hear she likes that!! or he if .....

Zomnivore
12-20-2013, 02:42 PM
I guess the problem with thinking 'resources' is going to save you from cursing...is that they'd just go back to using land.

Joules.

Go for it eh.

rcl
12-20-2013, 03:17 PM
Hi, we've all been there.

We're flooded, or starved...and you want to curse your fate.

But typing resources is just too...too much correct spelling, and too long a word to type while furious.

My suggestion is to call them Joules.

a unit of measure for energy.

BAMPH.

In line with the shard/gem concept...makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside...but the problem is all you buggers still use 'lands' as is your right as past magic players...but come on, this is hex, try to embrace the new. If you don't the general consensus of "eh everyone calls em lands anyway" will force me away from my satisfying solution.

The benefit to using JOUELS JOUELS JOULES is that its fun to misspell. Resources...misspelling that, feels like a new sort of defeat all of its own.

This was a really fun post

Mahes
12-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Drawing 8 consecutive Gwaers can be real annoying in a deck with 22 lands.

Zomnivore
12-22-2013, 10:01 PM
Gwaers are not a unit of measure for energy so therefore Gwaers is an inferior name, BAMPH!

(is Gwaer an anagram of wager?)

Gwaer
12-22-2013, 11:59 PM
Gwaers are a unit of energy that humanity has yet to discover.

It is also an anagram of wager, whether or not that's where I got it. =)

KiloGold
12-25-2013, 04:21 PM
How about we just name them 'Dicks'?

"Ha ha! You lost because you were starved of dicks!"

"OH GOD MY HAND IS FULL OF DICKS"

Gwaer
12-25-2013, 04:22 PM
+1

DackFayden
12-25-2013, 05:39 PM

+1

Zomnivore
12-25-2013, 06:48 PM

You know... I've done some pretty heavy duty statistical analysis and geological surveying and populous polling and the results are in.

Terrible idea.

The polls came in, and it turns out everyone hates dicks but loves boobies.

So what do we learn from this?

Tyranny of the un-washed masses! (Tyranny by-way-of-boobies probably my favorite variety though)

Viva la revelucion! (In favor of joules. If you were wondering.)