PDA

View Full Version : HEX Scares Me

Ertzi
12-18-2013, 11:36 PM
I thought I'd probe if there are any kindred spirits out there, because HEX truly scares me. Let me tell you what I mean.

Okay, I don't exactly have an extravagant social life, but I do have some responsibilities and people I want to see. I always get overly excited about games I anticipate, but I have never been as excited as I am for HEX, because I have said it many times, this is THE game for me. I am legitimately worried that I will spend too much time on the game when it launches. Anyone else thinking about this? I mean, I guess it's a good thing? :D

Or can you all just easily play a few hours and then go do the house chores? I have always become bored after a while, which has normally saved me, but I can't see that happening with HEX because of the concept. I can't help that the WoW episode on South Park keeps coming to mind... (mind you, I am mostly joking, I don't have a serious problem... yet)

Just for added funsies, what games have you been obsessed about in recent years? Or earlier in your youth for that matter.

My last big "curse" was Skyrim. I think I had 96 hours on the game clock after about two weeks. And I was working the entire time. Freelance though, office hours would have been murder.

Before that it might have been the first Disgaea. I sank hundreds of hours into that game.

I also had a month-long honeymoon with Guild Wars 2, but that didn't last and I got bored pretty quickly.

Shaqattaq
12-19-2013, 01:26 AM
All my closest friends were friends I either played games with or I met in games. If I someday marry, my wedding party will be basically split between PTQ/GP carpool buddies and pro video gamers. When I was playing online games, I was either working or in college at the same time. It's not like my gaming was getting in the way, so I'm glad I spent my time gaming the way I did and I certainly wouldn't take it back.

Whether I spent my free time in the gym or at parties at concerts or in Warsong Gulch, I don't view any of those activities as inherently better or worse than the others. It's about what you're getting out of the activity. If it's making you happy and you're not neglecting the responsibilities you have in order to, well, exist, I think people should lead the lives they want to lead and spend their time in a way that makes them happy. As the Nintendo generation ages, you continue to see a fundamental change in the way video games are thought of in our culture and a more dynamic view of how individuals connect, create interpersonal relationships with other people in their general sphere. You'll see a far wider, different definition of "social life." My closest friends are all people I met playing games, and I don't think I would've done any better-- or met people from such a variety of backgrounds and experiences-- meeting people in more traditional ways.

If there are any worries about games taking over a person's life, I think session-based gaming has really alleviated any of those concerns. You can play games at your pace and still be what you want to be, do what you want to do and do it on your own schedule. And luckily, HEX is a session-based game. =)

As far as games, you and me both on Disgaea, though Persona had its hooks in me for much longer. I usually spend about 100+ hours per Persona title. I've been playing Clash of Clans about an hour a day for a year, and I play Puzzle and Dragons about the same. I was playing WoW in a pro sponsored guild for about 2 years playing 8 hours a day, but I don't have that time available now. HEX is my only true love ;)

Zomnivore
12-19-2013, 01:34 AM
Honestly? No.

Drafts seem to take up a decent amount of time, but as an experience they seem to be pretty satisfactory units of game-play.

Its not like a map of cs:s where you can just get blind sided by the other team or what have you or lose in a variable amount of time, drafts are pretty full experience and because of that sort of match based setup, I think they will be pretty easy to gauge.

In regards to social life, well any sort of addicting activity can 'steal' that away from you if you don't have willpower. Part of the fun though is sharing what you love, and or finding people who appreciate something you find engaging eh.

Ertzi
12-19-2013, 01:46 AM
Holy cow, pro sponsored guild? That's gangsta. I can't even imagine that kind of gaming environment. Wouldn't that take away the fun to some extent? I always seem to fall in love with games that take 100+ hours to complete as well. Like the Atlus titles, Final Fantasy Tactics, Gungnir and all that sort of stuff. What can I say, I love micro management and turn-based stuff. It's almost a relief to finish a game in 8 hours now :)

Persona games are awesome. For some reason I have never finished one, but have played many of them 40+ hours or so. But it's true that it will be great to be able to focus all my energy and time in one game. There was never such a game before HEX.

I have seen a clear change in how people treat video games in my lifetime. First it was kind of almost frowned upon, now it's actually cool and everyone's doing it. Can't wait for all the virtual reality stuff to become the norm. There is some incredible stuff out there even now. I think gaming will change enormously during the next 10 years because of technology advancements.

I can play HEX while waiting.

Ertzi
12-19-2013, 01:52 AM
Part of the fun though is sharing what you love, and or finding people who appreciate something you find engaging eh.

Definitely. I always seem to find girlfriends who love gaming but absolutely hate TCGs. Bane of my existence :D That's like my dream to play those with my SO.

Have been advertising HEX to everyone who will listen though and I have been able to sell it to a few people already, so I hope to have close friends in game at launch.

GPrime
12-19-2013, 04:52 AM
I usually spend about 100+ hours per Persona title.

Hex yeah! I used to have a considerable-sized list of game franchises that would have my complete, undivided attention when a new release came--and that would stay until I was done. Now the only title that remains on that list is Persona.

HyenaNipples
12-19-2013, 05:11 AM
This is situational to the individual, I know, but it took me a couple of weeks to get over my Hex TCG addiction. Hex TCG has been the focus of my gaming time for months, and when I finally got to play it, that was pretty much all I did for a week or two. Get off from work, play tons of Hex TCG.

This isn't the case anymore, as the monkey has been on my back and then it left. I still play Hex daily because it's fun, but I don't feel compelled to do it. The addiction is gone, but the game still attracts me. For me, this is a great sign because it signals that my relationship with Hex TCG is going to be very long. Like how the early flames of passion can sustain a doomed relationship for a short time, sudden addiction to a game can potentially hide the fact that it's really not that great.

Hex TCG passed that test, it's a great game, and I'll be around for a long time.

I'm confident that you'll fall into a healthy game relationship with Hex once you satisfy the early addiction, too.

ossuary
12-19-2013, 05:55 AM
I work from home, and a lot of our work comes in fits and starts... so there will often be days where I have 4-5 hours of sitting on my hands, waiting for a call (nice, I know!). Other times, we'll be steady go for 10 hours a day all week. Gaming fills a lot of my "off" time. I too was bitten by the Skyrim bug back in 2011. I sunk over 140 hours into it the first time through, and never even got halfway through the "story." For the record, I don't consider any of that time wasted, because it's such a fantastic game and experience. Just a month or two ago, I finally got curious enough to reinstall it, and dumped another 120 hours into it trying to finish the actual game (I still haven't, but I'm way further along than I was the first time :)).

It's always been like that with me for games, though. I can really go far down the rabbit hole when one tickles the right itch. When I was first living on my own, EverQuest was just out and I was living in a new city with no good friends. I lived right downtown in Portland, and worked the swing shift at a place less than 10 blocks away... my whole day consisted of basically work from 4 to midnight, EverQuest from 12:15 to 7AM, and sleep from then to whenever I woke up, rinse, repeat. I eventually made good friends from the people I worked with, and stopped spending as much time online, but I'd say I easily cleared 500 hours in EQ before the game was 6 months old.

There have already been nights I've stayed up till 2 in Hex, just trying to test out a new theory for a deck, swapping out a card or two and tested the changes... it's super easy to lose track of time. It's a damn good game, even now. I don't think I'm going to be looking for anything to fill my spare time for quite a while to come. :)

Gwaer
12-19-2013, 06:02 AM
I played EQ, and wow way too much. My dark elf enchanter also by the name of Gwaer was max with something like 600AA also a max level wizard with a ton of AA. Don't remember what the cap was at the time I quit playing. EQ was a much more rewarding MMO for me than wow. But that doesn't stop me from having at least a level 60 of every class, and two max level Druids as of Wrath. I'll spend a lot of time with hex. But I'm not scared of it because it will be in manageable chunks.

I'm scared of Camelot unchained and star citizen. =\ luckily I have many years to live before I fall into that abyss.

FlyingMeatchip
12-19-2013, 06:38 AM
Oh no! This could be an epidemic...I work midnights got home started playing Hex all day...got three hours sleep for next shift and still more Hex.

mudkip
12-19-2013, 07:19 AM
The biggest loss to my time happened when I found a girlfriend. It's very hard to balance a good Job, a great relationship and play a decent amount of games. Something has to give, and depending on your priorities, will likely be the gaming. Hell, because of a few specific reasons, I've found it impossible to even have enough time to complete a Tournament this week. My time on these forums is either in quick gaps at work or sitting in the "boyfriend chair" at the shops.

As Shaqattaq said, the session based nature of Hex is one of the biggest draws for me. I think one draft a week would be enough for my gaming "fix", then I can go on with my life.

Before this, yeah Skyrim was great and I'm pretty sure my /played in WoW is over a year. I've found it hard really to get in to other games - I dabble in everything and play a lot of the shorter Steam games.

jetah
12-19-2013, 08:19 AM
This brings up a good point that tournaments should be broke up during the week. Now there could be tournaments that are "one sitting".

Lawlschool
12-19-2013, 08:38 AM
Definitely addicted / obsessed, and have been since the kickstarter. I used to play MtG with my little bro and the neighborhood kids, and would stomp kids weekly at the local Pokemon TCG League. Then highschool started, and didn't really have the time or people to play with, then college where we all were obsessed with CoD, Halo, and DnD and no one really had the time or money or the collections to play any TCGs. Kinda forgot all about TCGs until the Hex Kickstarter caught my eye right before I started studying for the Bar (Hex probably saved my sanity a bit that summer), and I've been obsessed ever since. Followed reddit's Hex sub, Hex blogs, anything I could follow to get some sort of Hex fix while I waited for the fateful day when Alpha would be released.

And now that I'm in Alpha, it's better/worse! Better since now I can play, worse since now thoughts of deck builds and combos and weird interactions invade my thoughts constantly. But I love it, I love the strategy and creativity that goes in to building decks, and I love the sense of nostalgia Hex brings. I'm slowly getting my college buddies obsessed as well. Already have 2 hooked, and can hopefully hook a few more.

CZE's done something pretty amazing here, and I really can't wait to see all the other awesome stuff they have in store.

Svenn
12-19-2013, 08:43 AM
I play a LOT of games. I play a lot of games for long amounts of time. I have been known to put over 100 hours into a single game in a week. This doesn't happen as often as it used to now that I work full time, but I still come home from work and play 6-8 hours of games most days and then spend most of the weekend playing games. All of this is after my full time video game testing job. I play a lot of games with my girlfriend as well. When I go out, it's often to play board games these days.

I am a very social gamer, though. I mostly play games these days with friends, it's hard for me to play something alone. I typically spend a couple days a week playing games online with a group of friends and sometimes my girlfriend, and I spend 1-2 days/nights getting together with some people to play board games.

All of that being said, I am not worried about Hex. I have been super excited for it (and raving about it to everyone). I have already put over 100 hours into the Alpha. However, because it's easy to pick up and put down I haven't had a problem with it.

Now a game that I get sucked into would be something like Civilization (just one more turn.....). Alternately, I'm a huge fan of Monster Hunter and can sink a ton of time into that game. I do really love Disgaea as well and have sunk a bunch of time into those. And I easily get sucked into MMOs (though I'm having a hard time finding decent ones these days, have been playing GW2 since launch though). My raptr profile ( http://raptr.com/SvennEthir/ ) shows just how much I play. ;)

Well, I got distracted and forgot where I was going with this.

Hieronymous
12-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Hex is fun and all and it's fun to binge out and play a video game for 12 hours straight every so often. When Skyrim came out I took a week off work and put in something like 300 hours.

But it's important to take breaks and put the game down every so often and not let it take over your life. If it's getting in the way of other things you want to do or you aren't meeting your daily obligations -- if you haven't taken out the garbage or done the dishes in six weeks, or are showing up late to work because you were up till 4 AM the night before gaming -- then that might be a good time to take a step back from the computer. The game will still be there after you take out the trash and wash the dishes and get some sleep.

So far I like Hex in part because I can play a game whenever. I'm a little worried actually that as more of the game develops it'll start demanding a larger and larger time commitment. As it is now in a normal week I probably only have time for one or two tournaments -- I just don't have that many three-hour blocks of time with nothing else to do. If the PvE side of things gets too time-demanding that could be a problem.

ossuary
12-19-2013, 09:18 AM
If the PvE side of things gets too time-demanding that could be a problem.

That much, at least, you don't have to worry about. The whole point of the PVE is that even mid-dungeon, you can just up and leave. The next time you go to the PVE, you can pick up right from where you left off. So you're basically only ever one duel away from a save point and quitting point, if you need it.

It's the ultimate jump in, jump out experience... which has me super stoked. I also don't have time to lay down for a whole tournament all in one sitting most of the time (part of why I'm desperately hoping for an asynchronous queue at some point, as an option). I have not yet managed to complete a tournament since they were released, despite my often slow work schedule... I just can't put in that much time in one sitting (I almost got there once, but the tournament bugged out after round 2).

Svenn
12-19-2013, 09:44 AM
But it's important to take breaks and put the game down every so often and not let it take over your life. If it's getting in the way of other things you want to do or you aren't meeting your daily obligations -- if you haven't taken out the garbage or done the dishes in six weeks, or are showing up late to work because you were up till 4 AM the night before gaming -- then that might be a good time to take a step back from the computer. The game will still be there after you take out the trash and wash the dishes and get some sleep.

The one thing I am good at is actually sticking to my bed time so it doesn't affect work. Except in very rare cases I make sure to be in bed by 1am (I wake up about 8:30 for work). All bets are off on weekend/vacation though. ;)

Xenavire
12-19-2013, 11:11 AM
I tend to sink large amounts of time into games, but my latest romp was insane by my usual standards. Bravely default was released about three weeks ago, and I spent most of my time playing it - I finished it yesterday, with 105 hours clocked for my first playthrough (Hard difficulty). And the game has New game+ that I am sorely tempted to start, which could easily eat up another 70+ hours. And theres a sequel already in development that promises more content...

The game is scarily long and addictive, and I still see myself sinking more time into Hex.

Might I add that the quality of games is getting better the last couple of years. Especially on handhelds - bringing back the feeling of the SNES era, with the polish and content of more recent titles. Shooters are still sitting stagnant, with very few gems, but overall the level of quality is growing rapidly.

And I think it is companies like CZE, indie producers and the smaller companies that are committed to fans first, which is giving us the games we have always wanted.

nicosharp
12-19-2013, 01:09 PM
You are asking a bunch of hardcore gamblers in denial a question about addiction?

Things of this nature are very easy to get wrapped up in. Find ways to be pulled back into reality that will also keep you grounded and entertained.
example: A partner, A job, alternative hobby in-person, some form of nourishment/exercise.

You can still dump a ton of hours into a hobby every day, and maintain a balance, but if you can't focus on anything else, it will turn into more problems, and could lead to social anxiety and depression.. among other things. Luckily, unless you are horrible at it, once the content runs thin, obsession fades.

Zomnivore
12-19-2013, 02:18 PM
You are asking a bunch of hardcore gamblers in denial a question about addiction?

Gambling and system addiction is totally something to study and look up and to check if there are people who take it to that level...I think thats a bit contained by how they can turn this into a profitable venture if they get good enough...but ya.

Addiction isn't a joke and especially parental things so kids who might not have really developed willpower or been taught enough or just plain restricted enough don't waste all there time in a game.

Lord knows WoW **** on my grades in middle school and there just wasn't enough awareness at the time, because it was new.

Ertzi
12-21-2013, 02:20 PM
I'm scared of Camelot unchained and star citizen. =\ luckily I have many years to live before I fall into that abyss.

What on earth is Camelot Unchained... *goes off to research*

Phew, thank goodness it's a more PvP-based game. Dodged a bullet there :) Star Citizen is firmly on my radar though (still playing Space Rangers 2 from time to time). Why wasn't Skyrim MMO just like the single-player by the way? That would have been incredible. Instead they went the default route and made it just another MMO.

Stok3d
12-21-2013, 02:28 PM
My raptr profile ( http://raptr.com/SvennEthir/ ) shows just how much I play. ;)

Speechless. I got you beat on total wow hours, now for your other thousand games...

Ertzi
12-21-2013, 02:35 PM
I still come home from work and play 6-8 hours of games most days
Serious question, how little sleep you need? I can usually only have maybe 4 hours free time on work days, but I need 8 hours sleep or I'm a zombie. But I know people who only sleep 5 - 6 hours a night. I can't do that. Have tried.

Now a game that I get sucked into would be something like Civilization (just one more turn.....). Alternately, I'm a huge fan of Monster Hunter and can sink a ton of time into that game.

Oh man... forgot all about Civs. Yeah, had serious "I should sleep but I will play one more turn oh it's morning" moments with those. And I have been deliberately avoiding Monster Hunter because I fear its addiction :)

To those who have had to cut playing time significantly due to life stuff like me... do you still find that you can't stop buying games even though you know you have no time to play them? I know it's stupid, but I have like 70 - 100 games (ranging from PS2 games to Steam games) that I have never played, simply because I get a huge kick buying them when I find good offers. I dunno, I guess I can get to them when I'm on my pension.

Ertzi
12-21-2013, 02:41 PM
I tend to sink large amounts of time into games, but my latest romp was insane by my usual standards. Bravely default was released about three weeks ago, and I spent most of my time playing it - I finished it yesterday, with 105 hours clocked for my first playthrough (Hard difficulty). And the game has New game+ that I am sorely tempted to start, which could easily eat up another 70+ hours. And theres a sequel already in development that promises more content...

I was almost drooling when I found out about this game. When I finish Fire Emblem, this will be my next purchase on hand-helds. Old-school Final Fantasy <3

Have you tried the Etrian Odyssey games?

Ertzi
12-21-2013, 02:48 PM

Things of this nature are very easy to get wrapped up in. Find ways to be pulled back into reality that will also keep you grounded and entertained.
example: A partner, A job, alternative hobby in-person, some form of nourishment/exercise.

You can still dump a ton of hours into a hobby every day, and maintain a balance, but if you can't focus on anything else, it will turn into more problems, and could lead to social anxiety and depression.. among other things. Luckily, unless you are horrible at it, once the content runs thin, obsession fades.

Funnily enough, my problem is more that I want to do million different things and I fear HEX will engulf all free time and make me a sad panda because of pressure to find time for the other stuff. I'm super obsessive about movies and TV shows as well and can easily watch an entire season in 24 hours (don't want to say in a day, as it mostly takes half a night as well). Still, first world problems much? :D

Xenavire
12-21-2013, 03:29 PM
I was almost drooling when I found out about this game. When I finish Fire Emblem, this will be my next purchase on hand-helds. Old-school Final Fantasy <3

Have you tried the Etrian Odyssey games?

Yeah, I quite enjoyed the most recent EU version. Sad the 'remade' versions of the first game isn't out here yet. Debating whether to get it, or wait for another new version... But I can say right now, barring a small amount of repetetiveness, Bravely default smashes etrian in so many ways.

When Bravely second comes out, its a buy, gauranteed.

ossuary
12-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Ertzi: I totally do that. I never finished God of War 3, I have the entire Assassin's Creed series sitting in unopened discs in my closet, I bought Heavy Rain last year in a boxing day sale for $10, still haven't opened it... I have a Playstation Plus account, and I've installed every single game they give you, but never even tried about 80% of them (I really really want to play through Just Cause 2 and Spec Ops: the Line, but haven't actually booted up either)... my collection keeps growing, but as I age, my number of games completed (and in some cases, even tried) steadily decreases.

I'm totally a digital pack rat. I have refused on principle to allow myself to have an Steam account (I have one, but haven't touched it for a couple years), because I KNOW if I did I would blow a thousand dollars and never actually play any of it - I'm a sucker for deep discount video game sales. :)

Ertzi
12-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Ertzi: I totally do that. I never finished God of War 3, I have the entire Assassin's Creed series sitting in unopened discs in my closet, I bought Heavy Rain last year in a boxing day sale for $10, still haven't opened it... I have a Playstation Plus account, and I've installed every single game they give you, but never even tried about 80% of them (I really really want to play through Just Cause 2 and Spec Ops: the Line, but haven't actually booted up either)... my collection keeps growing, but as I age, my number of games completed (and in some cases, even tried) steadily decreases.

I'm totally a digital pack rat. I have refused on principle to allow myself to have an Steam account (I have one, but haven't touched it for a couple years), because I KNOW if I did I would blow a thousand dollars and never actually play any of it - I'm a sucker for deep discount video game sales. :)

I'm with you. I have every Ass Creed game that has been published, but I stopped playing them after AC II. But I'm so stupid that I actually buy games I already have but haven't played, like the HD versions of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. Now I own two copies of a game I will never have time to play. Genius.

Heavy Rain was incredible. You should definitely play that one soon, as it doesn't take a lot of time to complete. Some of my friends totally didn't get it though. "Is this all you do?" Not everyone's game, that's for sure. I was very emotional while playing that, so for me the experience was amazing.

Spec Ops: The Line is my current PC game, but it has been a work in progress for months (even though I absolutely love it), because I dived back into my hand-held games. Urgh, this is an endless mire... :D

Thank goodness Steam Sales don't eat a lot of money even if you buy dozens of games because they are so damn cheap.

Svenn
12-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Speechless. I got you beat on total wow hours, now for your other thousand games...
I only played WoW for about 2 years. I quit right after Burning Crusade came out, so that's 6,000 hours in 2 years... and I don't even really like WoW. :(

Serious question, how little sleep you need? I can usually only have maybe 4 hours free time on work days, but I need 8 hours sleep or I'm a zombie. But I know people who only sleep 5 - 6 hours a night. I can't do that. Have tried.
I figured out my perfect amount of sleep is 7-7.5 hours. Any less or more and I feel tired all day. I sleep from 1am-8:30am.

Oh man... forgot all about Civs. Yeah, had serious "I should sleep but I will play one more turn oh it's morning" moments with those. And I have been deliberately avoiding Monster Hunter because I fear its addiction :)
Don't avoid Monster Hunter! It is amazing! It is easy to sink hours into but it's split up into many 10-40 minute smaller sessions so it's a lot easier to pick up and put down than something like Civ.

To those who have had to cut playing time significantly due to life stuff like me... do you still find that you can't stop buying games even though you know you have no time to play them? I know it's stupid, but I have like 70 - 100 games (ranging from PS2 games to Steam games) that I have never played, simply because I get a huge kick buying them when I find good offers. I dunno, I guess I can get to them when I'm on my pension.
I still have unopened games that I bought years ago. Many other games I've only loaded up for a couple minutes. There are just too many games and not enough time to play them all, especially if you play MMOs. :(

trapline
12-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Self moderation is important, and a good skill to develop and strengthen, it can seriously improve all aspects of your life and keep your hobbies from burning you out. Everyone is different but for me personally I limit my gaming to time when everything else is done and I can relax and enjoy it, it's not like the game is going to vanish or shut down.

trapline
12-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Funnily enough, my problem is more that I want to do million different things and I fear HEX will engulf all free time and make me a sad panda because of pressure to find time for the other stuff. I'm super obsessive about movies and TV shows as well and can easily watch an entire season in 24 hours (don't want to say in a day, as it mostly takes half a night as well). Still, first world problems much? :D

Trick with TV shows is to combine them with a treadmill or rowing machine, after marathoning 7 seasons of the shield I was in the best shape of my life rofl.

Ertzi
12-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Trick with TV shows is to combine them with a treadmill or rowing machine, after marathoning 7 seasons of the shield I was in the best shape of my life rofl.

Really good show, that one. Really loved the ending. Some of the best ones that are still going on in my opinion:

Boardwalk Empire
Homeland
House of Cards
Almost Human
Game of Thrones
Sherlock (the British one, although Elementary ain't bad either)
Newsroom
Vikings
Hemlock Grove
Hell on Wheels

Actually stopped watching The Walking Dead, because I didn't like the direction the show went. First two seasons are amazing though.

EDIT -> Honorable mention to Breaking Bad as well, even though that one already ended. Incredible show, starting with directing. The second best TV show I have ever watched. Highly recommended, but almost all have already seen that I bet.

ossuary
12-23-2013, 05:30 PM
You should give Hannibal a try. This was a very underrated show, and it's going to be starting its 2nd season in January. Based on your list, I think you'd like it. Mads Mikkelson gives a performance that rivals the great Anthony Hopkins for both creepiness and sinister sophistication, IMO.

Ertzi
12-23-2013, 05:50 PM
I love Mikkelsen and Hannibal Lecter both. I tried watching the first two episodes of Hannibal, but I didn't get into it. Granted, two episodes is not a huge sample, but I normally know from the pilot. Still, I might give it another go at some point. The combination of actor and character sounded delicious when I first heard about the show.

Xenavire
12-24-2013, 04:38 AM
Ertzi, read the Walking dead comics, and play the games. Both of those are amazing. As for the series, they deviated from the comic plot and dragged it on for half a series before getting back on track, but where the show is now heading is going to be good (as long as the writers don't balls it up.)

My main worry is that several characters that survived in the comics have died in the show, and they have important roles, so they need to scramble to find replacements. But I guess they don't have much choice - actors quit and move on from shows all the time.

UDareUTake
12-24-2013, 08:26 AM
I played EQ, and wow way too much. My dark elf enchanter also by the name of Gwaer was max with something like 600AA also a max level wizard with a ton of AA. Don't remember what the cap was at the time I quit playing. EQ was a much more rewarding MMO for me than wow. But that doesn't stop me from having at least a level 60 of every class, and two max level Druids as of Wrath. I'll spend a lot of time with hex. But I'm not scared of it because it will be in manageable chunks.

Cool Gwaer, I pledged for Camelot too, that would be a time sink hole that Im truely afraid of (plus the lifetime membership, it will just stick onto me forever lol), Looking forward to see you there :)

As for hex, I'll most likely spend most of my time on drafts (Quite a handful for drafts to burn through weekly) as well as playing the dungeons!

jetah
12-24-2013, 09:28 AM
I'm wondering if people, well parents, would be interested in HEX has a type of Parental Control for accounts. I know this works very well for WoW, outside of trying to get PC off of your account. One of the things WoW has is an account hours. Where a parent can turn off the game at a specific time, say 9pm Sunday - Thurs.

YourOpponent
12-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Does this game have the potential to just totally absorb my social life outside of the game? Absolutely, but so far in Alpha at least it hasn't. Anyway games that have used up A LOT of my time have been Kingdom of Loathing (over a year of gaming time), Runescape (about 500 days worth of gaming time), Age of Empires, Guild Wars 2, WoW, and of course MTG.