PDA

View Full Version : RD CrownDeck

VeScorp
12-23-2013, 01:07 AM
When I've seen the Crown Of Primals for the first time, I already knew I will be playing around it. I love its concept and how, once out, it makes any troop you draw into a real treat that must be answeren at instant speed.

So, here's my first try on it:

[deck (http://cs616127.vk.me/v616127383/2675/f99pQQpm8dw.jpg) | sideboard (http://cs616127.vk.me/v616127196/3aba/nWl6-qPVx_A.jpg)] in pictures (initial list)
Champion: Lionell Flynn
10 Diamond Shard
10 Ruby Shard
4 Shards Of Fate

3 Hex Engine
2 Secret Laboratory

3 Crown Of The Primals
4 Burn
4 Ragefire
3 Repel

2 Living Totem
4 Spearcliff Cloud Knight
3 Lord Alexander
2 Zoltog
2 Daring Swordsman
2 King Gabriel
2 Ozawa

SB:
2 Judgement
3 Stoneskin
1 King Gabriel
1 Repel
3 Inner Conflict
1 Living Totem
4 Protectorate Defender (gem: Destruction)

The singletons are here to see how do they work with the crown. In theory, Falconer can rush in for 15 (or 24 with charge) when you have the Alexabder out, but without him he's quite slow and I'm not really sure if it will work well. The swordsman is dealing 10/16 damage alone, so he's just fine - I think I can safely put the 2nd copy removing the falconer now.
Zoltog is here because i love this troop, he applies some real pressure while having a solid 4-health body - which seems to be the magic number for a troop to be hard to deal with

The card that i want to make rom for (at least in sideboard) is Heroic Inspiration - thanks to HexedHavoc for showing me how well does it work with lifedrain troops

24/12/2013
Edited:
Maindeck: -4 Heat Wave -1 Royal Falconer
+4 Burn +1 Daring Swordsman
Side:
-1 Daring Swordsman -1 Secret Laboratory -2 Total Meltdown
+4 Protectorate Defender

26/12/2013
Main: -2 conflict +1 gabriel +1 repel
Side: -1 repel +1 conflict (so i can have 4rep/3conf after side, not 4/4)

Lawlschool
12-23-2013, 01:06 PM
I'd go for Burn instead of Heatwave, since Heatwave will clear your Ponies, which is not something you want. You also might want to lose the Hex Engines, maybe get another shard and two more Totems. Ramp is nice, but you need something to ramp to, or a reason to play it instead of another 4 drop. I definitely like the deck idea though, Crown is pretty brutal if it goes off.

VeScorp
12-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Just played a mirror match against indormi, and burn have really saved my ass
I guess, I'm gonna keep it in place of waves for now

IndigoShade
12-23-2013, 08:26 PM
I've been playing around with a similar deck and a few cards I like that you might consider trying out are Forgotten Lord, Gem-Crazed Berserker (swiftstrike gem) and Protectorate Defender (destruction gem). Obviously the berserker would be better with the destruction gem, but that's exploiting the fact that he can use prime gems when I'm pretty sure he's not supposed to be able to.

Those 2 little guys help slow down some agro decks and that Forgotten Lord with the crown pretty much forces blood to extinction to get rid of him even if he's the only thing on the board. To be fair though, my win rate vs that deck still isn't as good as I would like :D so I'll keep tinkering with it.

VeScorp
12-24-2013, 12:15 AM
I thought about GCB w/ swiftstrike, but it didn't really seem to me that he would fit my build, having two 3-drops already.
As for lord and defender - both seems to be nice, i didnt even think about defender+destruction, that should be helping against aggro decks a lot. And lord is just a big spellshield body, which is always nice for the buffing deck

Initially added defenders to the sideboard, no i want to find a place there for Lords. Maybe, cut some removal?
First post edited for actual list

Another thing - i still don't like the Ragefires... They're soooo unreliable =( maybe i should cut them and add a couple of BTTG, using the freed space for totems/defenders/lords

BenRGamer
12-25-2013, 10:43 AM
I recommend putting the Falconers back in. You can buff it with Lionel's Charge Power for 3 5 atk troops, if you're lucky enough to have Crown of the Primals ready for it, you can make them 8 atk.

VeScorp
12-25-2013, 02:53 PM
I recommend putting the Falconers back in. You can buff it with Lionel's Charge Power for 3 5 atk troops, if you're lucky enough to have Crown of the Primals ready for it, you can make them 8 atk.

Well, the crown gives speed only to Falconer - not to birds, what means u need an alexander to fully utilize the combo...
Also, the falconer will be the one with crush/firststrike, so the brirds can just be blocked even though they have flight

Zygon
12-26-2013, 09:40 AM
I feel like the big issue is this deck is too much diamond threshold need. You run a ton of diamond, yet to use crown you need 3 ruby threshold. This causes a buttload of mana screw problems. Which also makes Hex Engine pointless if it's to help ramp to your big drops. Because if 3/4 of your resources before that weren't ruby you can't use crown. And if they were then you can't use spear or King G without a second diamond drop in your hand. That's a huge amount of perfect luck needed. And that's not even talking about the issue that you run 10/10/4 resource wise in the first place, making it really hard to hit that 3 needed for crown, and still hit your 3 drops like spear. Or your 2 drop ruby for ragefire. It's a mess. I had to do a ton of edits.

VeScorp
12-26-2013, 10:24 AM
I can understand your point, but the crown is the only 3-thresh card here

I'm playing this deck for a while, and the mana problem does seem to show up even less frequent than in my ruby/wild aggro

BenRGamer
12-26-2013, 11:50 AM
I can understand your point, but the crown is the only 3-thresh card here

I'm playing this deck for a while, and the mana problem does seem to show up even less frequent than in my ruby/wild aggro

Well, if you still want ramp and still want to help meet thresholds, you could throw some Crimson Clarity in. Not as good as the wild ramp, but it gives you some extra mana and a free Ruby threshold.

Vengus
12-28-2013, 08:01 AM
To those saying the threshold on Crown will screw him over, I disagree. As someone who plays Ruby/Blood with 2x Crown I haven't been screwed over at all so far by it's threshold. At first I was worried about the 3 ruby treshold aswell on Crown, but I found out that it wasn't that bad at all. Heck, my resource setup is 8 ruby 12 blood 4 shards of fate, even less ruby than VeScorp and I am still not getting screwed.

FlyingMeatchip
12-28-2013, 04:17 PM

I am trying deck out I put 2 falconeers in and took zoltogs out....works great!

FlyingMeatchip
12-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Well, the crown gives speed only to Falconer - not to birds, what means u need an alexander to fully utilize the combo...
Also, the falconer will be the one with crush/firststrike, so the brirds can just be blocked even though they have flight

Crown works on any troop...

Leingod
12-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Crown works on any troop...

Right, but only one at a time and if you have falconer out with 2 birds you'll obviously be buffing the falconer so the birds won't get the speed/swiftstrike/crush.

FlyingMeatchip
12-29-2013, 12:30 AM
Id say...so what they have flight. You have the choice to put it on the bird but really a beefed up ground guy with two big birds is only a good thing. Your post made it sound like it couldnt be on the bird at all..

BenRGamer
12-29-2013, 09:49 AM
Yeah, just the birds won't get speed.

But that's what Lord Alexander is for.

VeScorp
12-30-2013, 01:19 AM
I am trying deck out I put 2 falconeers in and took zoltogs out....works great!
i thought about that but... i love zoltogs :'(

Also, there's the rule I try to follow is: never put the cards in deck that are only good with the combo, use the cards that are good themselves. And Zoltog fits the rule much better than Falconer