PDA

View Full Version : Deck Building for PVE

Valazdin
12-23-2013, 07:58 AM
I was thinking about raiding and how we may have to build decks for each boss, I noticed that you when building a deck, have a card pool and you pull from that pool and create a deck which reduces my card pool. And that means that I'm limited to build as many decks as I have in my card pool (if I have 4 ragefires, I can only have one 4 an any of my decks). This feels alot like a non-virtual TCG. If I needed a card to build a raid deck (unique to that crazy boss) means that I have to pull it out of my other deck and "break" it. BUT because it is a online only TCG (which is something CZE is talking about all the time which set them apart from other TCGs), I feel that we should have a "virtual" decks too. It would be like I'm pre-selecting my decks but not building them till I need them. Noting that you still have to have 4 of the cards in your card pool to use four in your deck.

Or maybe there could be a way to bookmark that card into the old deck so I know that it was there. Because I will forget which cards I pulled out of which decks.

Also would be nice to look at my card pool and know what decks those cards are in. As the way the game is now, once I use all of one card it leaves my pool of cards and I have to hunt through all my decks to find them. It would be nice if the card pool stated 0/10 and you could float-over or whatever and it lists where they are. Then I could go to them and pull them out if I wanted.

I don't feel that the above will "dumb down the play". I don't think that it will reduce the value of cards. I do understand that having virtual cards does reduce the need to buy boosters so CZE will have to work that out, but I think there needs to be a quicker way to find cards and rebuild decks for PVE. I don't know if this applies to PVP as much.

ohh...maybe have it so that with PVE cards only once you get 4 you have unlimited?? but under 4 you are limited. Maybe do this only for common and uncommon, but not for rares??? I don't know...just thinking outloud now.

What is everyone's opinion of this? Am I missing something in my logic? Am I to lazy? Note I don't play MTG online or that other WOW one...

Avaian
12-23-2013, 08:12 AM
I think you are misunderstanding something :(.

When you build a deck you take the cards from your 'cardpool', and it removes the cards visibly so you know how many you have left incase, for example, you only own 3 copies or less of a card. However the cards are not tied to the deck, if you created a new deck you could still place the same cards in it even if you only own 4 copies.

I didn't explain it well but I hope it helps.

Valazdin
12-23-2013, 08:16 AM
I don't know if that is true because I thought that I ran out of some cards the other day when building some new decks. Like I used up all my Shards of Faith. I maybe wrong, but I thought that I didn't see them and there were none in my current "new " deck....I will test it tonight.

LeMazing
12-23-2013, 09:14 AM
Nope, Avaian is right. Crypto has stated that we'll be able to use our cards in any number of decks, so once you have a full playset, you have access to a full playset in every deck you make.

They did this to make it easier on the player, so we wouldn't have to constantly butcher our decks in order to use playsets in other ones like you mentioned. Not to mention it would be crazy having to collect multiple playsets otherwise. :)

Ertzi
12-23-2013, 05:16 PM
Phew... got real scared for a second. Thought CZE might have changed this. Would have been a catastrophic change for the worse. Glad to hear we still only need 4 of each card.

escapeRoute
12-24-2013, 03:29 AM
dude, i have murder in like 6 decks right now... now that even duel of champions is switching to the 4x copy aviable for all the decks why should CZE (that stated it would have this feature from the kickstarter campaign) would move away from it? XD
and i have shards of fate in every dualcolour deck i have...

dont worry bro :D