PDA

View Full Version : Proposed origin of "spells" in the Hex universe.

Soldack
12-25-2013, 04:41 PM
I'd like feedback please.

"Champions" are like comic book mutants in that they are born with an innate ability. These "mutants" can also be taught to "cast" the innate abilities of other "Champions"

Over time, the complete set of "spells" each originated as an innate ability.

How this affects the card development... each champion ability will eventually appear in the game as a castable card.

HyenaNipples
12-26-2013, 05:02 AM
Many of the Champions could just have learned a spell that they favor, and some of them don't even utilize magic. Lady Elizabeth just summons another soldier, I assume because of her rank in society. Palomedes is just an inspirational leader, and its possible his effect isn't magical in nature but instead psychological. Zared Venomscorn just stabs people with poisoned knives and leaves.

Soldack
12-26-2013, 05:39 AM
Very plausible HyenaNipples.

Under your description, how do non-magical champions cast the spell from the deck?

Gwaer
12-26-2013, 09:16 AM
The heading gems already make that a thing since they enable anyone to cast magic. Unlike the old wild/blood magics.

Its just a combination of arcane and mundane.

HyenaNipples
12-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Yeah, mainly what Gwaer said.

I don't know what the official magic system is in Hex, as that has yet to be revealed by the Loregoyle. So for now, I'm working off the assumption that "magic," as traditionally envisioned in the fantasy genre, is the Blood and Wild shards. Those types of spells are cast through legitimate magical talent, training, and ability. Meanwhile, the Hex Gems provide the other colors of magical power, and anyone wishing to cast spells or manipulate troops must have enough jewelry to do the job.

So for example, Lady Elizabeth casts Judgement by hanging some serious ice on a neck chain. Entrath magic is all about the bling bling, baby.

Lorewise
03-03-2014, 10:52 PM
http://s28.postimg.org/df8bi1z57/shingangstasmallsupersmall.jpg

"So for example, Lady Elizabeth casts Judgement by hanging some serious ice on a neck chain. Entrath magic is all about the bling bling, baby."