PDA

View Full Version : Remove 100% unneccesary pass priority prompts

Vegetable
12-27-2013, 07:28 AM
Not sure if this has been discussed before, so sorry ahead of time, but basically, what is the point of asking me to pass priority when the opponent is attacking me to end the game, and all my troops are dead or exhausted, and I have no cards in my hand? There are points where the opponent can clearly see that the other player can do literally nothing, but they get all of 25 minutes usually to sit there and troll when it's clear they've lost.

So I'd just like to see situations where it is not possible to bluff to have their pass priority thing auto-completed. that is, if it is obvious to myself and my opponent that there is nothing I can do, I shouldn't be able to hold onto priority, it should automatically pass back to my opponent. This is a small amount of situations, but it will prevent hundreds of hours of trolling in the future if it's looked at.

Soldack
12-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Not sure if this has been discussed before, so sorry ahead of time, but basically, what is the point of asking me to pass priority when the opponent is attacking me to end the game, and all my troops are dead or exhausted, and I have no cards in my hand? There are points where the opponent can clearly see that the other player can do literally nothing, but they get all of 25 minutes usually to sit there and troll when it's clear they've lost.

So I'd just like to see situations where it is not possible to bluff to have their pass priority thing auto-completed. that is, if it is obvious to myself and my opponent that there is nothing I can do, I shouldn't be able to hold onto priority, it should automatically pass back to my opponent. This is a small amount of situations, but it will prevent hundreds of hours of trolling in the future if it's looked at.

I completely endorse this. If a player has no resources in their resource pool and nothing in play that exhausts to give them resources, and nothing in play that can be exhausted for anything, they shouldn't get a pass priority option. Honestly I wouldn't want one cause it saves me time on my clock. Also, if there is nothing in play that can be exhausted or have resources sunk into it and you have zero cards in hand, that's another time bluffing is impossible, get rid of those too....

funktion
12-27-2013, 03:13 PM
What you're asking for is esssentially f8 from MTGO. There have been a number of threads asking for shortcuts and more robust phase stop / pass priority options, enough that at this point I imagine it is something that they have on their list but have not implemented yet.

Handsofevil
12-27-2013, 04:29 PM
The main reason people don't want this type of thing is bluffing. There are very very few situations where they is no bluff option. You can usually do something.

Avignon
12-27-2013, 06:41 PM
How do you bluff with no resources open and no cards on hand though??

Handsofevil
12-27-2013, 07:37 PM
In that case I can understand, but that's very specific and requires very specific coding. I agree that it's important, but not something I think needs to be implemented right now.

Avignon
12-27-2013, 08:58 PM
Same would go for no resources open or no cards in hand. Not necessarily both (with exception to something like soul marble on board. I can't see the coding being ultra complicated for it.

Handsofevil
12-27-2013, 09:55 PM
There are tons of exceptions to any of those rules, that's the biggest issue I see.

funktion
12-28-2013, 12:10 AM
I don't see any need to automate it. If they just give the options to turn these types of things on or off or just pass for the turn that will go a long way towards making things less cumbersome.

havocattack
12-28-2013, 02:57 AM
I made a thread about this with a solution that would 100% work with no downsides, it is since buried... I shall paste it here and bump it >_>

havocattack
12-28-2013, 03:02 AM
here it is: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=31058