PDA

View Full Version : GenCon Starter

hammer
12-28-2013, 05:56 AM
Quick question:
At Gencon 2013 you paid $10 to play but this also got you a starter deck.

How were these/will these be distributed?
Are they exclusive, or same available to Kickstarter/slacker backers?

Gwaer
12-28-2013, 08:29 AM
It got you a gax merc. No starter deck. Unless I forgot I'm owed a starter.

hammer
12-28-2013, 10:42 AM

I wasn't there but I found this - http://www.hexinformer.com/photos/hex-league-area-gen-con/

Barborin
12-28-2013, 11:26 AM
I was there. There was no starter deck that I know of.

hex_colin
12-28-2013, 11:56 AM

This is the truth. You could also play to earn AA Ozawa, Jadiim Sleeves, and Portensio of Avon mercenary. Everything but the sleeves will be available randomly in treasure chests of booster packs opened over the 4 days of GenCon 2014.

Edit: hammer - hit me up for a Sleeves code when the redemptions are open... :) I have a few extra. Happy Holidays!

hammer
12-28-2013, 12:39 PM
This is the truth. You could also play to earn AA Ozawa, Jadiim Sleeves, and Portensio of Avon mercenary. Everything but the sleeves will be available randomly in treasure chests of booster packs opened over the 4 days of GenCon 2014.

Edit: hammer - hit me up for a Sleeves code when the redemptions are open... :) I have a few extra. Happy Holidays!

Wow totally awesome Colin Thank You I would love a set of those sleeves :D

That picture in the URL I linked above seemed to state starters were awarded thanks for clarifying and thanks again for the gift so cool.

hammer
12-28-2013, 01:47 PM
Hmm just found this too - must be starters?!

But wait, there’s more! In the Gen Con tournament hall, we’ll have a weekend-long league event running where you can win some great prizes redeemable on your Hex account when it goes live. $10 will get you a wristband to play all weekend long and a code redeemable in-game for a yet-to-be-revealed Mercenary and one free starter deck.

Lawlschool
12-28-2013, 02:05 PM
Huh, maybe they meant the starter to play at GenCon? That doesn't make much sense though...

Gwaer
12-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Likely it was a mistake. There weren't starter deck codes for playing at Gencon. That wasn't advertised or mentioned.

ossuary
12-28-2013, 04:39 PM
The article linked to above had a picture of on-site signage from GenCon that indicated the Gax code would also contain a starter deck when you redeemed it. So it sounds like it's the Gax codes you got for signing up on site that will also get you a starter deck to go with, when the process is in place to redeem the codes.

Gwaer
12-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Oh, neat. I'll have to see if my gax mentions that on it when I get home.

Svenn
12-29-2013, 01:29 AM
The starter deck they refer to might just be the one you get for creating an account. I'm not sure you get an extra starter deck for having Gax.

ossuary
12-30-2013, 05:28 AM
It may just be semantics, and they really mean the starter deck you get for signing up for a Hex account at release, but the signage specifically says Gax comes with an in-game starter deck:

http://www.hexinformer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Hex-League-Area-Gen-Con.jpg

hammer
12-30-2013, 06:11 AM
That Alternate Art Ozawa is spicy good I will be hunting a set from chests this also has me excited for future alternates.

HyenaNipples
12-30-2013, 09:37 AM
I think this article has links to most everything that happened around Gen-Con, and it includes pictures of the prizes near the bottom.

Gen-Con: The Complete Collection. (http://hextcgshuffle.com/2013/08/22/gen-con-the-complete-collection/)

shocker455
12-30-2013, 05:39 PM
I dont remember any thing saying you get a starter deck at gen con.(and doesn't seem like anyone else does) I am wondering where this sign was.

jtatta
01-03-2014, 08:55 AM
I dont remember any thing saying you get a starter deck at gen con.(and doesn't seem like anyone else does) I am wondering where this sign was.

The sign was in front of the 30 or so PCs that they had at Gencon. I remember it.