PDA

View Full Version : Pauper format - anyone interested?

rcl
12-29-2013, 06:21 PM
I think this is kind of an interesting format - use only common cards in your deck (shard text is WHITE at bottom)

I'm going to try to work up a couple decks. Anyone interested in joining me?

Handsofevil
12-29-2013, 08:06 PM
I think it's a wonderful idea, but it's hard to do with just Set 1. I know I've looked at it, and so have a few guildies. I think by Set 3 there'll be enough cards to make it interesting.

halfwing
12-29-2013, 09:38 PM
I actually put together a decent Pauper Shin'hare aggro deck. In ideal conditions, it was able to get 10 creatures out by turn 3. Pretty good for Pauper, imo.

Thank god for Runts being common, right?

funktion
12-29-2013, 10:18 PM
I had been playing a fair bit of pauper whenever I could find others that want to. Though I haven't recently, haven't rebuilt my pauper decks in the last few patches. It is definitely fun to just build decks with different restrictions, hence part of the reason I like pauper and singleton.

Handsofevil
12-29-2013, 11:10 PM
It's almost as if there should be some sort of even organized around the pauper format, since there seems to be a decent amount of interest... I wonder if anyone around here can/is willing to run a tournament... Oh, me? I couldn't... Well sure! Why not!

If you guys are interested, even a round robin style one, I'd be happy to set up a challonge and start spreading the word. It wouldn't start for a few days (partially because I'll be out of town) but I know I'd play. I set it up as Round Robin but that can be changed if people decide otherwise.

VeScorp
12-30-2013, 01:38 AM
Peasant > Pauper, IMO
We tried it on the tournament and it was fun :)

Freebird_Falcon
12-31-2013, 04:22 PM
I would if certain debilitating cards get banned as the sets expand. I don't particularly enjoy sitting while my opponent takes 6 minutes to cycle his storm deck and return everything to my hand.