PDA

View Full Version : A Oath to Hex

FlyingMeatchip
12-31-2013, 09:19 AM
Just a Hex version of the Rifleman's Creed:

Hex Rifleman’s Creed
This is my HexTCG. There are many like it but this one is mine.

My Wild Root Dancer is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My Succulent Roostasaur, without bunnies, is useless. Without my Mancubus, I am useless. I must fire my One-Shots true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must Burn him before he Persecutes me. I will…

The Mushwocky and I know that what counts in this war are not the Heat Waves we fire, the noise of our Charge, nor the Incantations we make. We know that it is the hit that counts. We will hit..

My Righteous Paladin is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its shield and its hammer. I will keep my Thunderbird clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will…

Before Cory, I swear this creed. My fellow Kickstarters and I are defenders of this Community. We are masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is HexTCG’s and there is no Magic the Gathering.

Mahes
12-31-2013, 11:36 AM
Starting early for new years eve celebration ehh?

FlyingMeatchip
12-31-2013, 12:44 PM
....hiccup.

Zomnivore
12-31-2013, 01:12 PM
Could never get into this sort of stuff, too hokey.

I mean, there's playing a game and getting into the lore, and then theirs actively role-playing...outside of the forums where that's the idea.

Sorta always makes me internally cringe.

hammer
12-31-2013, 01:25 PM
Ah - it didn't make much sense to a non-American until I looked up Rifleman's Creed. Now I understand and like what you did.

ossuary
12-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Could never get into this sort of stuff, too hokey.

I mean, there's playing a game and getting into the lore, and then theirs actively role-playing...outside of the forums where that's the idea.

Sorta always makes me internally cringe.

So you're not into LARPing then? :)

Zomnivore
01-01-2014, 05:06 AM
So you're not into LARPing then? :)

I've done some soft roleplaying in-game where it made sense to me, but I've never felt comfortable with that level of nerd-dom. Its a different kind of experience to me that just sort of...well to use the most correct wording for how and in what sense it brings out of me...

It feels icky.

Ahahahh, ya...well there it is.

ossuary
01-01-2014, 10:28 AM
You know, it's actually a pretty interesting psychological phenomenon that even groups of people who feel marginalized and outcasted themselves (such as nerds) feel the need to look down at certain other groups as too nerdy / even more weird (LARPers, usually, or bronies or furries or other "fringe" groups). Everyone needs to feel like there is a line they won't cross, I suppose. "At least I'm not them." That kind of thing.

Nerd and let nerd, I say. :)

FlyingMeatchip
01-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Hey, a buddy mines daughter is going to boot camp, and we watched Full Metal Jacket, so give me a break a grow a pair then come see me. Thanks ossurary, its appreciated.

FlyingMeatchip
01-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Mod please delete thread.

Zomnivore
01-02-2014, 05:16 AM
Eh maybe I could've phrased it a bit better so you wouldn't think I was being hostile.

Oh well, another shot in the dark.

However, stating my discomfort towards a genre of experience isn't shitting on it.

Trying to point it in that direction is pretty reactionary. What do you guys get out of it as an experience?

Some form of trust bonding?

In general role-play at least the active forms, seems more similar to actual acting to me, as an experience and well the transition from gaming and role-playing experiences in-game and out isn't well established in my mind.

It assumes I think a greater depth to the experience for the general user that I think isn't actually that implicit.

Even though I know gaming is a performance art, its transition to actual acting and narrative generation really hasn't been solidified and formalized as I'd like to see it, for genuine acts of role-play to feel comfortable for the general public whom I assume I'm slightly indicative of, as the groups who role-play are marginalized as nerds..

jackchenlong
01-03-2014, 02:04 AM
you want to play.