PDA

View Full Version : In here we look up artists, we'd like to see do stuff for hex

Zomnivore
01-08-2014, 10:23 PM
I say we post our favorite artists, throw up a vote for the crowd favorites (and request they do a piece for hex...if ppl think thats a good idea.)

Most artists have a blog, and a contact page where you can contact them, and because artists aren't folks with massive amounts of capital, usually that means a direct line of communication to them.

So a bunch of fans directly contacting an artist, politely requesting them to do work, for a company, might work?!!?! (ehhhhh... maybe)

A digital card game seems to me the perfect platform to sell art, and build a fanbase of consumers who dig your art...so maybe requesting people to do work for which you have no clue how much they'd be reimbursed could work.

Who's with me?

Is this even legal TOS/ COC wise? I have no clue, but I like pushing the boundaries because...why not?! Seems like the thing to do in a card game general discussion section.

My suggested artist?!!!!

Bobby Chiu!

Just google him.

I've seen this guys art and he captures a lot of cute whimsical stuff perfectly, I think he would do amazing stuff to depict the 'cute' races, while still making stuff cool enough to stomach.

Specifically I think he could make some interesting shin'hare/shroomkin.

DackFayden
01-09-2014, 01:29 AM
...Harold McNeill

Zomnivore
01-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Sean Murray

For fish wizards, other assorted void touched things. Specifically thinking of a card called Fish Hands.

I don't want to live in a world where Fish Hands isn't a thing.

jetah
01-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Bob Ross!
His Happy Tree comes complete with Crush and Flight!

Zomnivore
01-10-2014, 01:08 AM
Bob Ross!

I don't know if CZE has the capital to pull in such a figure, Bob Ross? The man's paid in solid gold hummers...there's no way they can afford such a legend.

Maybe if they do another kickstarter, but well... I think that might not pull in enough.

Litharge
01-10-2014, 02:47 AM
Bob Ross!
His Happy Tree comes complete with Crush and Flight!
I will just leave this here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGN5xaQkFk0&list=PLQ-7WiWmOuK9kZYOD9Z8MhZK-0Fv6T3c5

Facilier
01-11-2014, 06:21 AM
Eva Widermann

Shivdaddy
01-11-2014, 10:06 AM
I rather them save the money from hiring "well known artists." I just want a polished game. Lets wait till we are up and running before we start worrying about pictures on cards.

Zomnivore
01-11-2014, 12:14 PM
I rather them save the money from hiring "well known artists." I just want a polished game. Lets wait till we are up and running before we start worrying about pictures on cards.

By all means none of these have to be elite high tier A list talent.

I mean, you can traverse sites like conceptart (dot) org or the like, of deviant art and find people who aren't A listers (by way of not having exposure), but are still amazing.

Noodle knows I've seen amazingly crafted stuff in droves by all sorts of people, and I bet some of em, wouldn't be as established...

Early fan bases for them are pretty cool, and help out a lot I reckon, so you know...search em out and give'm a base here.

After all I'm just pimping talented people who's stuff I like, no clue if they're 'beyond the pale' of reachable or if they'd even like the work.