PDA

View Full Version : Shin'Hare Deck idea for tourny

Avii
01-10-2014, 09:41 PM
Hey guys, I am looking to join the Hextcgpro tournament but I want to tweak my Shin'Hare deck a lil more before I do. The main idea of the deck is getting a lot of hoppers and using cards that boost them as well as use them for darker purposes (like a good shin'hare should). Overall with my games I have done decently well but I find that my momentum is hit or miss and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to fix this. Also in the future I would like to put in Hop'Hiro in there to spice things up. So feel free to ask questions, leave comments and ideas. Thanks!

Champion:
Bun'jitsu (I like the combining aspect of this champion, especially with my buffed troops)

Troops:
2 x Blood Bearer
3 x Shin'hare Eulogist
2 x Black Cauldron Ritualists
1 x Uzume, Grand Concubunny
3 x Shroomshaw
2 x Moon'ariu Sensei
2 x Rune Ear Commander
3 x Cottontail Ronin
3 x Shin'Hare Miltia
3 x Sensei of the Wounded Petal
2 x Bucktooth Commander

Artifacts:
2 x Command Tower

Non Troops:
3 x Murder
3 x Necessary Sacrifice
2 x Wretched Brood
2 x Runts of the Litter

Resources: (I kept to my ways of magic, 2 colours split them evenly)
11 x Blood
11 x Wild

BenRGamer
01-11-2014, 09:27 AM
Signups ended on the eighth, didn't they?

Skraaj
01-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Champion:
Bun'jitsu (I like the combining aspect of this champion, especially with my buffed troops)

Troops:
2 x Blood Bearer
3 x Shin'hare Eulogist
2 x Black Cauldron Ritualists
1 x Uzume, Grand Concubunny
3 x Shroomshaw
2 x Moon'ariu Sensei
2 x Rune Ear Commander
3 x Cottontail Ronin
3 x Shin'Hare Miltia
3 x Sensei of the Wounded Petal
2 x Bucktooth Commander

Artifacts:
2 x Command Tower

Non Troops:
3 x Murder
3 x Necessary Sacrifice
2 x Wretched Brood
2 x Runts of the Litter

Resources: (I kept to my ways of magic, 2 colours split them evenly)
11 x Blood
11 x Wild

Now I'm not going to claim I'm a master of TCG's or that I know what I am talking about, my TCG experience for the most part is playing solely against friends but I'll try to help you some with the deck.

The first major issue I see is you seem to go halfway with everything and never do one thing particularly well which is probably what leads to your 'momentum shifts' in the deck which you want help with. To better explain, you mention wanting to create a lot of battle hoppers and swarm them. Yet your not using a lot of the cards which create battlehoppers, instead all I see is Runts, Shroomshaw, and Wretched brood. Then on top of that you only have two Runts and two Broods meaning statistically your chance of drawing either of those in a game are low. Shroomshaw has three so he's a bit more garenteed to pop his head out. So half way there with the Battlehopper creation, instead you could have more Runts, maybe a Concubunny or two but you seem to decide to pull back on it's potential of hopper creation to focus on other things which are also seemingly suffering from the same issue.

When I see Shin'hare I really see two possibilities one you go all Wild (Green) and be an overwhelm deck, make a bunch of battlehoppers then buff all of them at once. Or you play a Wild (Green)/Blood (Black) sacrifice deck, using the green aspect to create a lot of troops, and your black aspect to sacrifice them to improve your REAL creatures.

Seeing it this way once again goes back to my point of going half-way with everything, part of your deck has the making of a full Wild (Green) overwhelm deck with the various commanders and the towers,but then your Necessary Sacrifice, Eulogists, and Ritualists make for a sacrifice deck. Your again doing a bit of both without seeing the full potential of either playstyle. If you wanted to go full sacrifice I'd have Hop'Hiro and the Mushwocky (He's always hungry) along with other cards that benefit off making Battlehoppers and instantly gutting them. If I wanted to go Overwhelm, I'd take some spells that buff of individual or mass creatures of mine for a turn or so.

What your going to need to do in my opinion is pick one of the two playstyles and stick with it, instead of going a little ways this and a little ways which causes the whole 'fickle momentum' issue your having.

Next I'm going to go into individual cards which I personally don't see use for, now I am not saying remove them if you have a good reason for being there, I am saying I PERSONALLY see no use in these cards what so ever and I personally do not like them and I'm going to give examples why for you to make the choice after my reasoning.

1)Uzume, I don't see the point in her she's a 6 drop 3/5 which is mediocre and her special ability is to create a random shin'hare. You'd take her for the ability alone but how good is the ability in the first place? Does dropping her suddenly change the game in anyway? I personally don't think so, she doesn't strike me as the big drop your ever praying for or that big card which'll secure the game or turn it around. Her ability isn't as big of a game changer as it sounds, at the moment there isn't any bunnies that really work well alone so say you drop her in a loosing situation 9 out of 10 times I feel no matter what she drops for you it won't save you. Then if you drop her in a winning situation your really just doing it because she's a cool card. I could go on but that's my basic reasoning of this card.

2)Cottintail Ronin, a 0/1 with rage. This card doesn't seem all that special to me, you use him he'll just get blocked by something and killed before he becomes a big threat and he needs more then one health. Without a card or two to buff him and keep him alive he's just another 1/1 in my book so why not just grab another militia (1/2) or Runt of the Litter? (Two 0/1's) Overall he needs something to combo off of and your deck seems to lack it.

3) Militia, a 1/2 which is good early but I don't see the reason to way your deck down with one drops when by turn three you'll generally start seeing battle hoppers out the wazzo. A card I'd say replace with Runts, but I do see the effectiveness due to the two health.

4)Black Ritualist, call me odd I just don't like this card. Sacrifice to make it a 4/4 and it's a three drop. Problem I see is he's just... mediocre. He's a 4/4 with a penalty, which gives you one or two turns tops to have a bigger creature out on the field until the other player can catch up with something as big or bigger. I just feel he falls out quickly and thus isn't all too good.

But that's my views on your deck and cards, I hope it helps least a little bit.

Elwinz
01-11-2014, 12:32 PM
I agree on most points with skraaj, wouldnt play ritualist in duo color shinhares. I do have them in mono black shinhare, but need to play it a bit more to see if i want to stil keep them. Sigh game not working today. I had played green/black shinhares but well evry multi color has that risk of not getting right resources at the moment you need, quite like pure mono black sacrifice deck. MIlitia i would stil save but ronnin isnt that great.

Lawlschool
01-12-2014, 08:51 AM
Seconding Skraaj's post. Bunnies have some pretty awesome synergies, but I've been finding that they work better within-color than between-color. Blood Bunnies work on Sac effects, Wild Bunnies work on Swarm. Theoretically they should pair well (use Wild swarm generation to fuel Blood sac), but in practice I and others I've played against can't seem to get it to work right. You either end up with a lot of sac effects with nothing to sac, or a lot of swarm effects with no sac or insufficient pump. The swarm and sac styles also counteract each other. If you're trying to swarm and pump, you don't want to sac your bunnies, but if you're trying to use sac effects you don't want to pump your bunnies. Occasionally everything aligns and the deck works well, but it's not really consistent.

As others are saying, try for one or the other. Mono-shard bunny decks are fairly legit, and a lot of fun to play. If you want to still go dual-shard, focus on either sac effects and go mainly Blood (with Runts + Ritualist of the Spring + Moonari + maybe Shroomtank as your Wild cards), or focus on swarm+pump (with Blood Bearer + Shroomshaw + Wretched Brood + maybe Eulogist for your Blood cards).

Avii
01-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Now when going for the sacrifice deck, should I throw some cards to gain me life? Especially with wretched brood?

Skraaj
01-12-2014, 03:27 PM
If you feel like it, if your sacrificing enough and chump blocking at the right moments the Blood Bearers should have it. But if you find yourself having issues being unable to rush down fast enough before you kill yourself, I guess you could add Life Siphon or Blood Aura. I wouldn't grab them unless truly needed though or unless you have extra cards which you don't know what to do with. Maybe sideboard?]

For tournaments does this game have side boards? I kinda have just been looking at the cards and been deckbuilding haven't touched anything competitive yet.

BenRGamer
01-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Life Siphon and Hideous Conversion is a good combo that works for healing. Turn the excess troops into extra mana to funnel into Life Siphon.

Avii
01-12-2014, 10:25 PM
So I took everyone's advice and I tweaked my deck to be a mono blood deck. Played a very long game with a mono diamond deck and I eventually won, even when my champion ability wasn't working. I'll post the new deck sometime tomorrow. Again thank you everyone for the help.

Skraaj
01-12-2014, 10:35 PM
Maybe to help a bit more, I'll show off the deck I am currently working on. See if it's something you might find interesting and build off of. Remember it is still a work in progress.

Champion - Monika'Shin (Do like battle hoppers)

-Gems-
13 Blood
12 Wild

-Spells-
4 Runts of the Litter
3 Murder
2 Life Siphon (Thanks Ben, decided to replace my Nessisary Sacrifices which I barely used with this one.)

-Constants-
2 Wretched Brood
2 Hideous Conversion

-Creatures-
4 Shin'hare Eulogist
3 Hop'hiro, Samurai
2 Mushwocky
3 Concubunny
2 Ritualist of the Spring Litter
3 Blood Bearer
2 Moon'arui Sensei
3 Rune Ear Commander

Point is as mentioned above, all my wild cards are battle hopper production with the exception of Rune Ear Commander whose in there for the odd chance I DON'T draw a Eulogist or a good guy to sacrifice into. Eulogists are main source of damage. Hop'hiro is control/damage plus sacrificer. Mushwocky is another big source of damage and a sacrificer. Hideous Consumption for sacrifice, replaced Necessary Sacrifice for Life Siphon at Ben's mention of the combo (Wish I thought of that). If I still need the card draw, I'll probably change something else out for it. Runts, Concubunny, Champion, Wretched Brood, and Ritualists for Battlehopper production. I actually thing this is overdoing it so I might take a Runt out and remove another source of Hoppers, maybe the Broods or Ritualist. Probably Ritualist because Removing Wretched Brood makes me EVEN MORE susceptible to board wipe. Blood Bearer is in there for HP gain.

I know I mentioned a thing or two above but things looking to remove and replace would probably be Sensei, Rune Ear, and maybe a duplicate card here or there and maybe add a spell or two because this deck is EXTREMELY creature heavy. Right now just waiting for something better to pop into my head or more cards to come out. What I've noticed playing against the computers however is the deck does seem to be fairly consistent. Only time I've encountered losses when testing and tweaking against the computer and occasional player is when I drew bad, mulliganed wrong, or the other player got an amazing hand. (That darn blue bird-deck computer got FOUR Masteries of time after dropping a few creatures the turn before and returning Hop'hire to my hand)

VeScorp
01-13-2014, 07:01 AM
Cutting the necessary sacrifice from the deck that has SO many ways of producing battle hoppers seems weird - even after the board clear it lest you come back in the game along with your charge power
I'm running the Shin'Hare Cannibal deck for a while, and NS really helps me quite often

Avii
01-13-2014, 08:43 AM
I found that NS has been a great help for me. It fuels my decks sacrifice power and gets me more cards if I am in a jam like a mana flood.

Lawlschool
01-13-2014, 02:26 PM
Skraaj, I'd drop the Rune Ears for 2 more Senseis and a NS. REC needs lots of troops out to be good, which goes against the goal of saccing all your hoppers. It's basically a worse version of Mushwocky in your deck. Senseis are awesome card draw /deck thinners, and work as a chump blocker or a sac target. Running at least 1 NS would probably be nice, since otherwise you're pretty light on card draw.

Avii
01-14-2014, 07:25 PM
So here is the new deck, overall I like how it handles... Until the moment I really need my champion power and it is bugged! So gunna put this deck on pause till Bun'jitsu gets his act together. :P

Champion:
Bun'jitsu

Troops:
4 x Blood Bearer
4 x Shin'hare Eulogist
4 x Black Cauldron Ritualists (kept them for champions ability)
2 x Hop'Hiro
4 x Shroomshaw
4 x Mushwocky

Non Troops:
4 x Murder
3 x Necessary Sacrifice
4 x Wretched Brood
4 x Life Syphon
2 x Extinction
2 x Hideous Conversion
3 x Wretched Brood

Comments and Suggestions?

Also thanks again for the help guys. Making this sacrifice deck made me think of my mono black Magic deck and I can't wait to play it properly. Side note with the Boltpaw Wizard would their revert ability take away the effects of something like Inner Conflict?

Elwinz
01-15-2014, 01:54 AM
yes thats how revert works