PDA

View Full Version : Question about the backer

dagz213
01-17-2014, 02:34 PM
is it worth it now or just wait for the closed beta/open beta?

mudkip
01-17-2014, 02:54 PM
Yes! The Slacker Backer is really good value. The SB will be removed when beta starts, so you would lose the chance for that value.

Barkam
01-17-2014, 03:16 PM
Only value is if you want the some of the Kickstarter exclusive cards. AH will be flooded with Set 1 cards for cheap.

Handsofevil
01-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Barkam, that's not entirely true. Yes people are getting a slightly better value per-pack, but I would guarantee the same number of packs will be bought when Set 2 releases. Also keep in mind that Set 1 is much larger than other sets will be, so those packs could be thought of as a combination of 2 different sets.

dagz213
01-17-2014, 04:09 PM
I meant that is it worth to donate it now because i heard closed/open beta is coming out soon.

Lawlschool
01-17-2014, 04:54 PM
I meant that is it worth to donate it now because i heard closed/open beta is coming out soon.

Depends. "Soon" is kinda ambiguous, since CZE works on Blizzard-Time ("It's ready when it's ready"). I highly doubt we'll see open beta for at least a few months, and I think closed beta is still for backers only (though maybe there will be other ways to get access). If you plan on buying more than 25 packs of Set 1 boosters, or are itching to play Alpha asap, definitely donate for the Slacker Backer. If you're mainly interested in the F2P PvE experience and don't plan on buying many packs, or don't want to deal with all the assorted bugs that come with an Alpha, then you'll be fine holding off for open beta.

Zomnivore
01-17-2014, 05:26 PM
Slacker backer is totally worth it at a value oriented mindset.

Its not as great as the kickstarter discounts, but its still decent, and alpha access in its own right has a lot of value.

Getting experience with all the cards, and having a feel for them all, is something you don't get to do in a bog-standard card game...so enjoy it while its still going on, because its probably not going to happen again.

There's a game to play, right now, its really fun, and its darn near the full set 1.

Its pretty awesome.