PDA

View Full Version : CZE Level With Me, Fish Hands

Zomnivore
01-17-2014, 10:27 PM
How likely is it that Fish Hands will become a reality?

I mean...there's a ruby card, RIGHT NOW, that could serve well as the fish hands card, Crazed Rummaging.

Each player drawing 3, and discarding three cards in my mind fits exactly with the theme of the name...but transformation effects are more sapphire...

So.

Can we somehow replace Crazed Rummaging? Is it going to be a different more interesting effect? A pve card?

Fish Hands is too cool an idea for it to not happen, but... right now I'm seeing a chance for it to be in the game slipping by.

funktion
01-17-2014, 11:05 PM
I support this message... in b4 "this hand sucks, it has too many Fish Hands"

Gwaer
01-17-2014, 11:42 PM
Bens anecdote of the origin of the name fish hands is a pretty good story. The culmination of the story being that the name fish hands does not mean what you think it means. Didn't he post that on the forum? Or was that from the DL dinner at Gencon?

funktion
01-18-2014, 02:00 AM
@Gwaer: There was an AMA style thing on the forums way back when w/ Ben.

Gwaer
01-18-2014, 02:11 AM
Found it!

I want to know the story behind fishhands. I've been imagining different things in my head and been laughing non-stop about it, like:
-Does the fish have human hands?
-Is it a human with fins for hands?
-Is it a fish with human hands but mounted up on the wall like one of those singing bass that you can get at wal-mart?
-Is it a person with two fish taped to their hands (edward 40 hands style)?

Edit: This is not actually a question... move on to the next guy.

LOL I WILL TELL YOU THE WHOLE STORY!!!

So, my best friend Alexander and I were envisioning the world where we can actually plug ourselves into completely-realistic virtual reality machines and we can customize and design any experience for the user. In this "virtual reality game experience" I was designing for Alex, things start out pretty normal, perhaps even boring! But then out of nowhere, lo and behold, your hands have transformed into two giant flopping fish (presumably with unique biology that allows them to subsist out of water and obtain nutrients from your own nutrient stores). This is both terrifying and problematic!

So fish hands is a permanent modifier to a troop...and I really hope we keep the above mentioned thematics :D

...So, all your imaginings of Fish Hands are non-stop laugh worthy, but it's the bottom vision you had that's actually closest :)

I suppose it is exactly what you were thinking =P

Zomnivore
01-18-2014, 04:15 PM
Exactly, its a transform effect...but it also has a compelling way to describe an odd hand...and that has a direct verbiage relationship to card hands, and I really like that and I really want it to become part of the lexicon.

Having a fish hand...would be a very awesome way to describe an oddball hand.

Tough to say whether or not it'd work better as an oddball troop modifier where a troop's fish hands literally do something to the game state.

I guess you could sort of go the witch's curse vibe for ruby, and try to work it into the lore around the witches. That way you could still have a random card draw/discard card in ruby that fits thematically with that color.

Ju66ernaut
01-18-2014, 06:40 PM
"I'ma slap the fish outta you" hahaha

Zomnivore
01-18-2014, 06:48 PM
"I'ma slap the fish outta you" hahaha

Great, now I'm thinking flock of seagulls suddenly gains 10 attack against any fish slapped troop.

ossuary
01-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Mine?

Jinxies
01-19-2014, 04:54 AM
Needs more fish hands!

Soldack
01-19-2014, 07:47 AM
Fish Hands
Cost: 2 (one saphire)
Instant
Target Troop's attack value becomes 1.

Zomnivore
01-19-2014, 07:47 PM
Fish Hands
Instant

Too practical.

Maybe if getting hit by the 1/ troop applied a wacky debuff, like something that pumps opposing bird type troops.

That way you could have some synergy with some of the low front end saph troops, or a decent draw back to keep it cheaply costed.

Badger
01-20-2014, 02:37 AM
It should randomly generate a fish for each hand. Maybe a snapper for the left and a salmon for the right, or a marlin for the left and a mahimahi for the right. It would select from 12 unique fish and they would all have unique effects. Perhaps it is played on a champion instead of a troop?

Ju66ernaut
01-20-2014, 01:00 PM
Fish Hands
Instant

Someone has never been slapped with a fish before.

mudkip
01-20-2014, 01:17 PM
I keep reading the title to this thread as if the OP is referring to himself as "Fish Hands". Punctuation is a funny thing :)

Deciphered
01-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Just gonna leave this link here:

http://miroirdarc.com/xwp/s3/ffg/xena_s3_ffg_dArc_397.jpg

Zomnivore
01-20-2014, 09:20 PM
Just gonna leave this link here:

Well, at least now I have an idea for how to keep it red themed and cool...for the card draw effect idea.

Piranha attacking a fisherman and he drops his tackle box and other assorted gear.

ossuary
01-20-2014, 09:38 PM
Just as long as the piranha doesn't attack the tackle box and gear directly... ;)

Zomnivore
01-21-2014, 09:39 PM
It should randomly generate a fish for each hand. Maybe a snapper for the left and a salmon for the right, or a marlin for the left and a mahimahi for the right. It would select from 12 unique fish and they would all have unique effects. Perhaps it is played on a champion instead of a troop?

I actually really like this idea in general. Maybe just make it a legendary troop, like some sort of failed wizard who can't fix himself...because casting spells with fish hands is hard, especially trying to get them to do the movements with their fins.

maybe in the lore text explain why he doesn't have a name "Once people see the fish, well you try getting rid of THAT nickname." or something.

YourOpponent
01-23-2014, 04:55 PM
If there ever is a fish hands card....it definitely needs to be two red herrings!

Xenavire
01-24-2014, 06:49 PM
If there ever is a fish hands card....it definitely needs to be two red herrings!

We need to make 'ruby herrings' a thing...

Barborin
01-24-2014, 07:08 PM
I just hope that this card will be cost E-Fish-ient.

Bahahahaha!

Zomnivore
01-24-2014, 08:54 PM
I just hope that this card will be cost E-Fish-ient.

Bahahahaha!

There is a special place in the void for your pun flinging kind.

It is an exalted place of never ending torment (they're keen on that), with never a dull moment...

Wait was that a pun?

AAIIIIEEEeeeeeee...eee...