PDA

View Full Version : When do we combine Kickstarter accounts?

ForgedSol
01-18-2014, 07:01 PM
I've been away for a couple months waiting for the alpha to progress a little bit. The announcement that Sealed is coming in the next update has got me wanting to start trying out the alpha now. My question is what is the timing on when we have to combine our Kickstarter accounts if we want to do so? I have two each of the Grand King, Collector, and Pro Tiers and I need to figure out how I want to split/combine them.

mudkip
01-18-2014, 08:05 PM
I'm wondering that too for the opposite reason. I need to split mine, so I'm curious if I should use the customer support portal now to move the second account to a different email, or if there will be a better chance later on?

Lawlschool
01-18-2014, 08:46 PM
Likely shortly before we get our KS rewards, which is when combining / splitting would really matter. So probably right before closed beta. I wouldn't worry about it until we start hearing more about closed beta.

Yoss
01-19-2014, 03:23 PM
I seem to remember a statement that the KS rewards are just going to be codes that you type in to redeem, so you can redeem them on whichever account(s) you want.

Handsofevil
01-19-2014, 03:39 PM
I HIGHLY doubt they'll be just codes. Otherwise people will just buy/sell the codes. It'll make my Grand King much better because I have some other guildies with some of the perks, so I wouldn't need them all. I'm not saying I would sell, because I like what I have, but it seems easily abusable.

Yoss
01-19-2014, 04:11 PM
I HIGHLY doubt they'll be just codes. Otherwise people will just buy/sell the codes. It'll make my Grand King much better because I have some other guildies with some of the perks, so I wouldn't need them all. I'm not saying I would sell, because I like what I have, but it seems easily abusable.

The point isn't to prevent selling them before use, it's preventing transfer after they've already been used for a while.

Handsofevil
01-19-2014, 05:42 PM
But if you make it inherent to the account, then you can't transfer between accounts. Allow it for the first month of release or something, then lock it down.

Parzival
01-19-2014, 06:00 PM
From what I gather they are codes, like the mercs from Gencon, once applied to an account, they become account bound and we get them in Beta stage 2 (Stage one is testing PvE and possibly guilds), stage two is when we receive our cards (Not saying open, as I don't recall anyone from CZE implying stage 2 would be open)

Hands, you can trade between accounts, just give cards from account one to account two - you just couldn't trade the account bound stuff, KS perks, sleeves and mercs.

So say you had one king and one collector, you could login to account one, apply the king redeem code, receive your cards, sleeves and mercs and then trade the cards to the collector. The account would then be empty except for the mercs and sleeves.

GPrime
01-19-2014, 06:08 PM
So say you had one king and one collector, you could login to account one, apply the king redeem code, receive your cards, sleeves and mercs and then trade the cards to the collector. The account would then be empty except for the mercs and sleeves.

And the 3 months of VIP, plus 3 free drafts! But you could easily just log back into that account once a week until the VIP bonus is dried up and bang out the draft tournaments at your leisure.

Handsofevil
01-19-2014, 09:24 PM
I wasn't suggesting trade between accounts... I was saying by doing codes, you'll see people selling them on eBay or Craigslist. I'm all for allowing you to combine multiple KS accounts, or split them, or whatever you want to do. But I'm fairly sure CZE has already said they aren't okay with all the account selling going on right now, so I don't see them being okay with the selling of specific parts of accounts.

hammer
01-20-2014, 12:07 AM
I wasn't suggesting trade between accounts... I was saying by doing codes, you'll see people selling them on eBay or Craigslist. I'm all for allowing you to combine multiple KS accounts, or split them, or whatever you want to do. But I'm fairly sure CZE has already said they aren't okay with all the account selling going on right now, so I don't see them being okay with the selling of specific parts of accounts.

Hands - you seem to think each component of a tier will have different codes, this isn't necessary you will get a grand king tier code. You punch that code into your account and you get all the perks/rewards associated with Grand King. Now lets say you want to merge your king account (you will get a separate code for king tier rewards). You can either punch that code into the Grand King account to merge them or punch it into a separate account. This is how I see it working.

Yoss
01-20-2014, 10:50 AM
I wasn't suggesting trade between accounts... I was saying by doing codes, you'll see people selling them on eBay or Craigslist.

Correct, and that's not a problem. CZE has no liability for those trades, so why would they care?

I'm fairly sure CZE has already said they aren't okay with all the account selling going on right now, so I don't see them being okay with the selling of specific parts of accounts.

Your KS rewards are not an account, they are a product. You purchased a product through KS without stipulations about them being untradeable. Only the HEX EULA (not the KS EULA) can enforce a no-trade policy, but since you bought the KS rewards without it, they cannot prohibit trade of the codes, nor should they. As I said before (post 6), they are limiting the trade of Hex Accounts, not of KS codes. Once you redeem a code, it binds to the account, but it is the account that is untradeable not the code.

In any case, as a consumer you should want everything tradeable, because that makes it more valueable. It is only CZE that might desire things more locked down.

There have been other threads on this topic as well, if you'd like to go digging to read more.

Shivdaddy
01-20-2014, 12:18 PM
You will get your Kickstarter stuff around July/August, my guess.

ForgedSol
01-25-2014, 06:41 PM
Okay, so I wanted to give my brother a alpha access code to check out Sealed, it wouldn't be a problem? He can figure out if he likes the game and I can decide if I'm going to give him one of the Tiers I bought later.

GPrime
01-25-2014, 07:58 PM
Sure, just lend him the email/password assigned to one of your alpha accounts. When it comes time to merge or redeem or whatever, you will still be able to do as you choose with all of your accounts.

mydragoon
02-12-2014, 11:40 PM

something slightly off-topic...

i've been thinking of giving up my 'account'. i know i could ask for refund... but on another hand, if its allowed, i could perhaps 'sell' my KS tier to someone else who missed out on it. but is that 'legal'? technically, it could also be a gift to someone, right?

anyway, just wondering coz the way things are going, it might be quite sometime before the game is actually released.

Shaqattaq
02-13-2014, 12:11 AM
Players are not allowed to sell or purchase Kickstarter reward tiers.

mydragoon
02-13-2014, 01:06 AM

oh, ok. noted. :D

havocattack
02-13-2014, 04:49 AM
CZE knows what accounts you have, if they were to use codes and you were to then use them on other accounts, you would have some explaining to do :P

Josua
02-13-2014, 10:23 AM

Does this apply to Slacker Backer tiers as well? What about gifts? I purchased a Slacker Backer for my father as a birthday gift in order to get him into the world of TCG's and to give us another way to bond online; this is still allowed, right?

I was under the impression that I'd be able to link the Slacker Back to his email address/account once Beta arrives.

EDIT: After reading the rest of the thread, I also want to make sure that this is accurate:

Sure, just lend him the email/password assigned to one of your alpha accounts. When it comes time to merge or redeem or whatever, you will still be able to do as you choose with all of your accounts.

If I could get an actual clarification, that would be awesome. Otherwise, I can just ask for a refund and have him buy a Slacker Backer before April 1st.

Xenavire
02-13-2014, 10:27 AM
Gifting is different to selling. CZE is open to gifting, but you may have to contact CZE to transfer the account.

Sales are a no-go for any account, no matter how it was created.

Yoss
02-13-2014, 10:39 AM
Hex/CZE account selling is illegal. KS code selling can hardly be considered a CZE account; it was bought through KS, not CZE. However, once bound to a Hex account it would obviously no longer be transferable.

Note, I'm not saying you can or should sell your KS code, just pointing out that there are subtleties involved. We've discussed this previously on the forums about how CZE might not be able to enforce a no-trade policy when you didn't have to sign a EULA for purchasing the KS codes. Again, I'm not condoning it, and I'm not a lawyer. If you want to sell a KS tier, you're at your own risk.

Shaqattaq
02-13-2014, 10:58 AM
Does this apply to Slacker Backer tiers as well? What about gifts? I purchased a Slacker Backer for my father as a birthday gift in order to get him into the world of TCG's and to give us another way to bond online; this is still allowed, right?

I was under the impression that I'd be able to link the Slacker Back to his email address/account once Beta arrives.

EDIT: After reading the rest of the thread, I also want to make sure that this is accurate:

If I could get an actual clarification, that would be awesome. Otherwise, I can just ask for a refund and have him buy a Slacker Backer before April 1st.

Yes, you can definitely give the Slacker Backer gift to your father. Thanks for being so generous and we're all very happy that you two will be able to game together.

Silent
04-06-2014, 02:03 PM
Sorry for bringing that up again, but I'd rather reply to an older thread, instead of creating a new one, with the same topic.

Is this true right now as well? Meaning right now before we even got those rewards? I keep hearing from time to time that we will get some kind of code to redeem our tiers and selling those would be fine, as long as we don't use the code and try to sell the account. Is that true or is any form for selling the tier forbidden? And what about packs/cards/platinum afterwards? Are we allowed to sell those via secondary market?

Obviously people might want to cash out at some point.

mudkip
04-06-2014, 03:36 PM
Generally speaking, any transaction that can't be competed in-game should be considered against the t&c. The possible exception being one-off gifting.

Silent
04-07-2014, 01:35 AM
Generally speaking, any transaction that can't be competed in-game should be considered against the t&c. The possible exception being one-off gifting.

I'm just wondering, why they - if it really is that way - are opting for a code-based system and still say, that selling those would be illegal. I mean, I cannot see how there is any chance at all to prevent those transactions. People can always claim it was merely a gift. As long as people don't redeem their code and a real account changes hands, I don't see how it should be a problem to sell the KS-Tiers and I wonder, why CZE would chose a code-based system, that is so suitable for people, who want to sell their kickstarter tiers pre-account-creation.

Kroan
04-07-2014, 02:33 AM
I'm just wondering, why they - if it really is that way - are opting for a code-based system and still say, that selling those would be illegal. I mean, I cannot see how there is any chance at all to prevent those transactions. People can always claim it was merely a gift. As long as people don't redeem their code and a real account changes hands, I don't see how it should be a problem to sell the KS-Tiers and I wonder, why CZE would chose a code-based system, that is so suitable for people, who want to sell their kickstarter tiers pre-account-creation.
I think the reason why the say this, is because they don't want to lend any support when someone is scammed or what-not.