PDA

View Full Version : want to know more about attacking

Welliam
01-19-2014, 03:56 AM
Hi so this game looks completly awesome but, i want to understand how attacking works i get how you get exhausted and cannot block and attack when you first play the card. but what i am saying is can any card attack a other card or you can only attack the opponents hero/main guy and hope he block you if you want that card gone? i do know there is some cards that can remove or do damage. but my question is if i have a 1 att 1 deff card and he has a 1 att 1 def card can i choose to hit tht card instead of his hero! :)
thanks for the answers in advance and good luck everyone.

Elwinz
01-19-2014, 05:15 AM
nope u cant attack tropps with tropps directly in tihs game.

Welliam
01-19-2014, 05:34 AM
beside special card that says so? interesting choice in my opinion sounds kinda like its rushed to see who can kill who first! making it very short game in general. and different strategy then if you could attack troop with troop. but thanks for the answer

Elwinz
01-19-2014, 07:00 AM
Thats absolutely opposite. Its no rush at all because of that. Short rush games is hearthstone where u atack troops with tropps directly

beepharoni
01-19-2014, 08:14 AM
You attack the enemy champion. The enemy can then choose to use one of his own troops to block, or to allow the hit to go through. Games can be very quick, or they can drag out and take a bit longer than one player might like, but it's all about deck building and strategy.

Welliam
01-19-2014, 08:37 AM
Thank you for the responce and yeah i can see taking more time and i understand how hearthstone is rushed but i guess i was comparing to Magic a little more where the cards and similar and such. but in magic you need troops dead so i guess i thought was rushed but i understand the strategy cannot wait to try the game

Lawlschool
01-19-2014, 09:09 AM
Watch some streamers play Hex if you haven't already. It's a really great way to get a feel for the game and how it plays out, including the intricacies of attacking and blocking.

SojournerWrath
01-19-2014, 04:31 PM
Thank you for the responce and yeah i can see taking more time and i understand how hearthstone is rushed but i guess i was comparing to Magic a little more where the cards and similar and such. but in magic you need troops dead so i guess i thought was rushed but i understand the strategy cannot wait to try the game

Magic goes with the exact same system, you attack the enemy player and they decide to block or not. There are a lot more activated, on attack, on player damage, etc abilities (Text above attack/defense but below the art) in magic, but part of that is due to the power creep and how far along they are.

Chocmaw
01-21-2014, 07:56 AM
You sound like you've played TCG's before, but here's a great post (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27136) you can read to understand HEX gameplay better. Helped me out massively.

Cheers