PDA

View Full Version : Shinhare Lifegain Deck

BenRGamer
01-19-2014, 10:25 AM
After having trouble getting a Shinhare deck to work well consistently, I decided to try merging it with a previously made wild/diamond lifegain deck. So far I think it's working pretty well, but there's always room for improvement, so I'll post it here for suggestions.

Champion: Monika'shin

Resources
10x Wild
10x Diamond
1x Sapphire
3x Shards of Fate

Troops:
4x Adamanthian Scriveners
4x Ritualist of the Spring Litter
4x Righteous Paladin
3x Stargazer
3x Skycliff Cloud Knight
3x Sensei of the Wounded Petal

Non-troops
4x Repel
3x Runts of the Litter
3x Command Tower
3x Incantation of Rightousness
2x Soul Marble

Total Cards: 60

Win conditions are buff Righteous Paladin with the Scrivener/Stargazer/Cloud Knight/Sensei, or to buff everyone else with Soul Armaments/Command Tower/Sentinel of Light. The Sapphire shard is to let the Stargazer filter cards.

Lawlschool
01-19-2014, 11:09 AM
That looks pretty solid. I can't think of any glaring changes that need to be made, at least not without testing it out a bit first. I would recommend dropping one Command Tower for an Onslaught, just as a back-up win condition. Maybe drop a Ritualist / Sensei / Stargazer for a few Inner Conflicts or Wild Growths as extra removal.

I'm not a fan of 4x Shards plus the Saph, you're probably better off finding space for a Secret Lab or two if you're having issues with card draw. Or potentially replace the Stargazers with Moon'ari Senseis. You have plenty of health gain with Scrivener + Hoppers, you probably don't want to be out a temp resource and down a charge from playing Shards, and you'll only be using Stargazer's filtering in select situations (you need to have a Saph threshold, meaning you don't need SoF for another thresh, you need cards to discard and a spare resource, and it needs to be better to filter your hand than to use the health gain). IMO it's not worth it, but without playing around with it I can't be certain.

Overall though, I definitely like the idea. Looks like a lot of fun to play, so I'm going to mess around with it and report back!

Edit: After playing around with this deck and some modifications, I take back what I said about Stargazer. Definitely should keep it in as otherwise your main wait to pump Pally is just Scrivener. Though I'm still somewhat iffy on if you should keep the saph shard and 3x fates.

Second Edit: Definitely liking how this deck plays, you can pull off some fun stuff with it (Scrivener + Incant + Hoppers is awesome). Here's the iteration I'm working with right now:

8 Wild
13 Diamond
1 Sapphire
3 SoF

4 Scrivener
3 Pally
3 Spearcliff

4 Stargazer
3 Ritualist
3 Runts
1 Wounded Petal
1 Roostasaur

3 Incantation of Righteousness
3 Repel
2 Command Tower
2 Inner Conflict
2 Soul Marble
1 Onslaught

Main change was to adjust your shard ratios to better reflect your threshold needs. The other changes were to make room for Onslaught / Roostasaur / IC, which I think go well with the deck and add some more versatility. I'm really liking Stargazer now, after playing a few games with and without it. The health gain is great for Pally / Incant as well as keeping your health in check while you wait for your combos. The SoF + Saph aren't as damaging as I had anticipated, and basically act as 4x Secret Labs if you get a Stargazer out.

BenRGamer
01-20-2014, 08:21 AM
Well, I took a couple of cards out and added in Inner Conflict, but, after playing a few games, I'm thinking I'll save Inner Conflict for the Sideboard, and use Heroic Inspiration or Wild Growth as something I can still use against Spell Shielded troops/on the Skycliff Cloud Knight.

Elwinz
01-21-2014, 02:36 AM
I have seen a lifegain deck using droo also

Lawlschool
01-21-2014, 01:52 PM
I have seen a lifegain deck using droo also

I'm working on one, they're pretty fun. Dimmind + Droo can be brutal. Throw in Soul Armaments and Droo is nigh unstoppable.

BenRGamer
01-21-2014, 06:17 PM
I actually fought against one of those decks earlier, wound up winning despite Droo + Soul Armaments + Dimmid due to having a Gralk and a few Mimics. They can't ready Droo if they don't have eight life to spare.

Elwinz
01-22-2014, 02:32 AM
Well having gralk can counter hard almost every troops