PDA

View Full Version : 3D Animation

squallara
01-22-2014, 02:25 AM
Greetings.I am a big fan of TCG games and I would like to post my ideas for the Hex game.
I really want to see a TCG that will be linked in history as the best TCG and from the promotion of Cryptozoic I assume they would like it too.
I really believe that in these TCG games, they are missing beautiful 3D animations.
My dream is that one day they will do cards that when you play them it will appear a mini figure of the creature exactly above the card and the figure will go larger and larger depending on the attack/health of the creature.
(extra,it would be amazing if there was an animation too when they were attacking).
I don't really know how hard is that to be done but it would be so AMAZING!HELL YEAH! even more now that they claim that is the first real MMO TCG.

BlackRoger
01-22-2014, 03:50 AM
This is an interesting idea, however it does require a large ammount of aditional work, as all these creatures will now need attacking/defending animations, dying animations etc...
It will also make it harder to see the beautiful hand-drawn art on the cards, which 3D animations won't beat in quality.

I just don't think the upsides are good enough for this to be worth all the work.

Gwaer
01-22-2014, 03:56 AM
I hope we see these types of things on special/extremely rare cards in the future. But I think it should be used very sparingly.

Kroan
01-22-2014, 03:58 AM
I hope not, tbh. It would make the battlefield very cluttered and hard to have an overview.

Gwaer
01-22-2014, 04:11 AM
Also I don't think these types of things should be persistent effects that are going on for the entire duration the card is in play. More like come into play animation, or reactions to things happening to it. I'd also prefer it stayed 'inside' the art of the card like some of the dotp animations from the newest game. Have to try to keep the graphics overhead very low.

squallara
01-22-2014, 04:45 AM
attacking,defending and dying not so important as the pleasure to see your creature i believe but later maybe attacking update worth a bit.when you go your mouse up to the card you will see the card only and of course you will see the hand art.Either way when the cards are on you can't see the art well so why not to see the creature?

squallara
01-22-2014, 04:48 AM
figures will be so small and will not disturb the battlefield for sure.there is a lot of solutions to be done for the battlefield for sure

squallara
01-22-2014, 04:49 AM
This is an interesting idea, however it does require a large ammount of aditional work, as all these creatures will now need attacking/defending animations, dying animations etc...
It will also make it harder to see the beautiful hand-drawn art on the cards, which 3D animations won't beat in quality.

I just don't think the upsides are good enough for this to be worth all the work.

attacking,defending and dying not so important as the pleasure to see your creature i believe but later maybe attacking update worth a bit.when you go your mouse up to the card you will see the card only and of course you will see the hand art.Either way when the cards are on you can't see the art well so why not to see the creature?

squallara
01-22-2014, 04:58 AM
Also I don't think these types of things should be persistent effects that are going on for the entire duration the card is in play. More like come into play animation, or reactions to things happening to it. I'd also prefer it stayed 'inside' the art of the card like some of the dotp animations from the newest game. Have to try to keep the graphics overhead very low.

really interesting ideas.+1

Kami
01-22-2014, 06:33 AM
The amount of work required for 3d would be phenomenal. This isn't the first time this topic has been brought up.

Personally, I'd rather see animated card art that shows a mini-scene to bring the card to life and perhaps shows a tiny bit of lore than a meaningless 3d representation that is only for looks.

squallara
01-22-2014, 06:41 AM
The amount of work required for 3d would be phenomenal. This isn't the first time this topic has been brought up.

Personally, I'd rather see animated card art that shows a mini-scene to bring the card to life and perhaps shows a tiny bit of lore than a meaningless 3d representation that is only for looks.

I understand that the work will be so difficult and that's why i said i wish someday but your suggestion is very interesting too.

Malorey
01-22-2014, 06:43 AM
The way Infinity Wars animate their cards is nice and I also like the way they have Battlefield cards which change the way your half of the board looks. I prefer Hex as a game though! :)

Lawlschool
01-22-2014, 07:18 AM
3D models would be pretty cool looking (even something like what Scrolls has), but probably wouldn't be worth the effort. Plus, have to remember that they want Hex to run on Android and iOS, and to be very lightweight overall. I'd prefer updated card designs that don't look so traditional, though I suppose the extended art features do that already.

Yoss
01-22-2014, 10:26 AM
Greetings.I am a big fan of TCG games and I would like to post my ideas for the Hex game.
I really want to see a TCG that will be linked in history as the best TCG and from the promotion of Cryptozoic I assume they would like it too.
I really believe that in these TCG games, they are missing beautiful 3D animations.
My dream is that one day they will do cards that when you play them it will appear a mini figure of the creature exactly above the card and the figure will go larger and larger depending on the attack/health of the creature.
(extra,it would be amazing if there was an animation too when they were attacking).
I don't really know how hard is that to be done but it would be so AMAZING!HELL YEAH! even more now that they claim that is the first real MMO TCG.

Sounds super cool to me! However, the UI design and game speed can't suffer for it, so there would be some major hurdles to jump over.

squallara
01-22-2014, 12:21 PM
Sounds super cool to me! However, the UI design and game speed can't suffer for it, so there would be some major hurdles to jump over.

True but just imagine a way to make it work efficient.it would be K.O for all other TCG games.
But unfortunately it is so hard.But for sure the game needs something similar so to be different and unique from the others

jetah
01-23-2014, 06:24 AM
Oh, I suggested this way back. or a version of it. it was knocked down ):

YourOpponent
01-23-2014, 12:50 PM
A great idea and I like it, but something like that would be better fitted for the virtual reality helmet type game that I saw on Kickstarter...where they were playing a game with HOLOGRAMS that you could move around and stuff...I kid you not that thing was insane...I wish I bookmarked it.

Revoluketion
01-23-2014, 02:03 PM
I like what Gwaer said, it would be cool to see a variation of cards that is rarer that would display itself as a 3d animation! I think that would be more manageable and would make seeing them a cooler sight!

Ju66ernaut
01-23-2014, 09:23 PM

I love Gwaer's idea here. If implemented, I'd like to see it as a graphics option so people playing on tablets and low spec computers can easily turn the effects it on/off. Awesome idea nonetheless =-D