PDA

View Full Version : What has been confirmed about the Hex auction House?

Xtopher
01-22-2014, 10:04 AM
Confirmed details of Hex Auction House

<reserved> see next post.

Xtopher
01-22-2014, 10:08 AM
I'm starting to see statements again on how the AH will work in the forums and I'd like to collect, in one spot, what we have 100% confirmation on, based on statements by CZE regarding the Hex AH? Please list what's known with accompanying reference and I will update the first post.

I don't want this to turn into a debate regarding what it should have or might have or is hoped to have. But just limit the discussion initially to what is actually known. We can tackle those issues later in the thread if need be.

Yoss
01-22-2014, 10:22 AM
If Shadowelf ever comes back, he'll list them all for you. Until then, I can just say that I seem to remember Cory speaking as if the AH will be similar to WoW (boo!). He's also said that they hired an economist to design their economy. Presumably the AH is part of that task. That's about it. There's been very little official information about it.

Xtopher
01-22-2014, 10:31 AM
Can anyone confirm that Shadowelf is okay? I don't know him outside the forums.

That's been my impression that very little is known about the AH, but I figured there must be something concrete to fill the first post out with.

Lawlschool
01-22-2014, 10:46 AM
Sadly, we know next to nothing about the AH aside from that it will exist and that both PvE and PvP cards can be listed. We know PvP cards can be listed for Gold (I think), but I don't know if we know about PvE being listed for Plat. I think they've confirmed that you can list boosters, but not sure about unopened treasure chests.

We do know that you won't be able to "cash out" your Plat on launch, but it is something they want to do once the legal hurdles are cleared.

mudkip
01-22-2014, 11:02 AM

This. I'm worried about him.

ossuary
01-22-2014, 11:06 AM
We know that the intention (as of the last we heard) is for all non-account bound items to be sellable on the AH. So all cards, even alternate art ones and other special things like that, the spectral lotuses, etc. The only things we won't be able to post are account bound items like mercenaries and kickstarter custom perks (raid leader card bonus, dungeon crawler loot bonus, etc.).

I'm PRETTY sure they also confirmed that the AH will support both monetary units (gold and plat), we just don't know how they will work or interact, exactly.

RobHaven
01-22-2014, 11:14 AM
I think they've confirmed that you can list boosters, but not sure about unopened treasure chests.
I know the whole point of this thread is to get away from "I think..." and really nail down details, buuuuuttt...
I definitely recall them talking about posting chests on the AH.

tautologico
01-22-2014, 11:36 AM
I wouldn't count on having 100% certainty on anything about the AH. Things can change during development, for many reasons. I think we can consider it confirmed that there will be an auction house though :)

ossuary
01-22-2014, 11:43 AM
Cory specifically said you would be able to list unopened items from your inventory, which would include boosters, primal packs, and created but not opened treasure chests (which will be stamped with a rarity level, the set they came from, and if they were created during a special event with a modified loot table).

Voices
01-22-2014, 11:47 AM

I sent him a PM on our internal CBB site some time ago but I have not heard anything back :( He was last seen Novemeber 21, 2013 at CBB. There was a thread about him a few weeks ago here on the official forums but no news about him there either, I believe.

Gwaer
01-22-2014, 12:25 PM
I tried to contact him on our forums as well, and I've asked the guild if anyone knows him trying to find out how he's doing, but no word at all =(

ossuary
01-22-2014, 12:28 PM
He's at the permanent research station in Antarctica, compiling data.

RobHaven
01-22-2014, 12:49 PM
I just re-read the People of Hex thread hoping to find something.
The only post was a comment on someone's picture, but no picture of him/herself.

My conclusion: Elf is not a real person, but a computer system.

Gwaer
01-22-2014, 01:07 PM
Voices seems to have tracked him down, and he seems to still be alive. Just been busy it seems, doesn't help that the hex forums have slowed down so much, all of our quality trolls have moved on, most of the questions have been answered, what's a shadowelf to do?

knightofeffect
01-22-2014, 04:19 PM
I do believe that all sleeves fall into the category of account bound items that cannot be traded. Thats about it for cold facts for me =P.

I summon thee Nether Elf!

Xtopher
01-22-2014, 09:22 PM
I thought (hoped) maybe Shadowelf got hired by CZE and had to stop posting under his screen name. Glad to hear someone has word of him.

I was gone all day today (F2F wargaming day, thousands of pieces, dozens of square feet of maps, and now very tired eyes and sore back) and now I'm bushed, but I'll try to do some research of my own tomorrow and compile the definitive What do you we know about Auction post for this thread.