PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Mono Green

Revoluketion
01-22-2014, 11:34 AM
Hey! So I'll start off by saying how awesome this game is and how excited I am to see the finished product.

That said I'm wondering will mono green be balanced when all the cards are released? Right now it is so quick and has so many win conditions that in my honest opinion takes no skill to put together or play. I'm just wondering what everyone else's thoughts are on the current shard.

ossuary
01-22-2014, 11:41 AM
In Hex we call it Wild, not green. :)

That being said, green in Magic has always been a good color for beginners to play, it is easy and you get big creatures without much difficulty (it also has very high power/toughness common troops). I don't see a problem with this, because it lacks a lot of removal, which makes it weak to other types of decks. It's all a balance.

Yoss
01-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Mono green isn't the winningest deck at the moment. Blood/x control is.

Lawlschool
01-22-2014, 12:45 PM
Mono-Wild is brutal, but only if you let it get out of hand. Flying troops and plenty of removal tend to be good ways to beat Wild decks.

Revoluketion
01-22-2014, 02:59 PM
Fair enough! I was just wondering what other peoples thoughts on the shard were. I take it that it is more of my own personal ignorance than the shard itself!

Lawlschool
01-22-2014, 03:31 PM
Fair enough! I was just wondering what other peoples thoughts on the shard were. I take it that it is more of my own personal ignorance than the shard itself!

There's definitely a rock-paper-scissors thing going on in Hex. So some of your decks will get absolutely stomped by mono-wild, and some will completely destroy mono-wild. One of the best ways to tell if something is actually "OP" or if instead you're just having bad luck / unclear on how to deal with it, is to play it yourself. Playing seemingly OP cards / decks is a great way to understand their limitations, and how to defeat them when you come across them in the future.

YourOpponent
01-23-2014, 12:22 PM
Mono Green I have been enjoying a lot lately and I don't find it overpowered. It gets beaten pretty easily by removal. In terms of mono deck color preferences mine is Wild or Blood. Blood Shin'Haar decks seem to be pretty fun...but Wild Shin'Haar decks seemed to be more frustrating...unless of course you throw in a non Shin'Haar card like Roostersaur to even things out ;)

Revoluketion
01-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Mono Green I have been enjoying a lot lately and I don't find it overpowered. It gets beaten pretty easily by removal. In terms of mono deck color preferences mine is Wild or Blood. Blood Shin'Haar decks seem to be pretty fun...but Wild Shin'Haar decks seemed to be more frustrating...unless of course you throw in a non Shin'Haar card like Roostersaur to even things out ;) Yeah they seem to be the best mono shards right now! I guess I just need to play more to figure out my play style and such! What is your and everyone else's thoughts on that new card that will essentially give wild removal?

Lawlschool
01-23-2014, 04:02 PM
Yeah they seem to be the best mono shards right now! I guess I just need to play more to figure out my play style and such! What is your and everyone else's thoughts on that new card that will essentially give wild removal?

Awesome, but somewhat risky. Awesome because it lets you turn any beater in to a powerful removal card, but risky because it can mean your beaters will be brought in to Burn or Persecute range.

HyenaNipples
01-23-2014, 04:12 PM
I can affirm that flying troops give Mono-Wild a hard time. Sapphire's Thunderbirds, when combined with bounce spells, is potentially nasty. Diamond's life gain and Spearcliff Cloud Knights is also deadly.

Avignon
01-23-2014, 06:35 PM
I can affirm that flying troops give Mono-Wild a hard time. Sapphire's Thunderbirds, when combined with bounce spells, is potentially nasty. Diamond's life gain and Spearcliff Cloud Knights is also deadly.

I have been running Wild splashing Ruby for this exact reason. Adding in Burn and Master Falconer to deal with aerial threats.

Genosaurer
01-23-2014, 11:18 PM
I won several games from Spearcliff Cloud knights lol it's such a potent card for its costs.

Revoluketion
01-24-2014, 09:29 AM
Thanks for all the ideas everyone! This thread turned out better than I thought!

FlyingMeatchip
01-24-2014, 12:32 PM
Turbulance

Kuhoin
01-28-2014, 12:44 PM
i was thinking OP will say mono green is too sh*tty and need buff lol

mono green has no removal at all and it usually takes them 4 or 5 turns to set up the kill if they are lucky. 4 extinction + 4 murder basically clear whatever setup they have.

Norious
01-28-2014, 08:21 PM
i wouldn't give up on wild - errantsquires videos feature a lot of his wild decks and he was won many games with them

Zomnivore
01-29-2014, 07:01 AM
Wild has some interesting possibilities for duo colored decks, I especially like wild and sapphire for card draw and escalation/troop stuff.

Card draw and that speed wild troop that becomes an 8/8 is pretty synergistic. I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a meaty deck trying to do similar stuff to that.