PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Color Ramp Deck

BenRGamer
01-26-2014, 02:46 PM
I'm trying to make a ramp deck, but I don't want to go with the general mono-wild ramp, but right now I think the deck could use improvement.

Right now I'm working on Wild-Diamond ramp, as Diamond gives me lots of stuff to do with the excess mana from ramping with Soul Marble and Living Totem, but I'm not entirely sure Diamond's the best choice so far.

Here's what I've got.

Resources
11x Wild
11x Diamond
2x Shards of Fate

Troops
3x Howling Brave
3x Living Totem
2x King Gabriel
2x Ozawa
2x Battle Beetle (Spellshield)
2x Jadiim
2x Eternal Guardian

Non-Troops
3x Chlorophylia
3x Hex Engine
3x Surge Mechanism
3x Repel
3x Survival of the Fittest
2x Soul Marble
2x Secret Lab
1x Resurrection

BenRGamer
01-27-2014, 07:47 AM
I decided to try a different direction to see how it'd work, so far it's not bad, Wild-Ruby.

Resources:
11x Wild
11x Ruby
2x Shards of Fate

Troops:
4x Howling Brave
2x Jadiim
2x Battle Beetle (Spellshield)
2x Eternal Guardian
3x Hellhound (2x Spellshield, 1x Speed)
3x Ash Harpy

Non-Troops
4x Chlorophylia
4x Surge Mechanism
3x Hex Engine
3x Survival of the Fittest
3x Burn to the Ground
3x Cerebral Fulmination

Avaian
01-27-2014, 10:17 AM
Interesting, what champions are you using?

I like the first deck but I would probably find a way to use Droo's Colossal Walker. I found a love for Droo's Walker when combined with One Eye Open or Dimmid.

The second deck is probably more towards my play style since I enjoy card draw. I would find a way to use Crimson Clarity though, it helps get the second ruby threshold for a Turn 2 Cerebral Fulmination on top of giving you an additional resource for the turn.

Overall, I would try out Gigantify in both decks. I don't know when it happened but it is now a Quick Action which can really be a game winner not to mention if it is combined with Jadiim. (Quick Action +14/+14 for 7...)

Errantsquire
02-07-2014, 04:21 PM
IMHO

If you're playing ramp you can't afford to play with less than 4 of Howling Brave and Chlorophillia. I'd play with less huge drops and fit in 4 Oakhenge Ceremony as well this will make sure that you have less hands where you draw all your huge drops in your opening hand forcing you to mull. 4 Shards of Fate is mandatory in all duel shard decks. Dump Surge Mechanism and take Hex Engine down to 2. Play Crash of Beasts it's ridiculous.