PDA

View Full Version : Card Alterations

RobHaven
01-28-2014, 06:53 AM
Is there a site that tracks the card progressions? I'd be very interested in checking out where each card started at and each step it took to get to its present form. I'm sure we only see a fraction of the changes, but still - would be a cool thing to check out.

Lawlschool
01-28-2014, 08:18 AM
Afaik there isn't a place dedicated to tracking the changes. hex.tcgbrowser.com and hex-datamine.com might have some old versions (datamine in specific doesn't seem to have been updated in a while), and there's also the Card Spoiler PDF (http://hextcg.com/hex-trading-card-game-spoiler/) plus whatever old scans you can find on the Kickstarter page.

ossuary
01-28-2014, 09:08 AM
Yeah, to my knowledge nobody has put together a changelog tracking the card adjustments over time.

RobHaven
01-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the info. I'm in no position to start a site myself; I might keep a spreadsheet just for my own amusement.
I don't know how likely Crypto would be to publish something like that, but if they did I think it'd hold some decent value to people wanting to understand the process of game design.

ossuary
01-28-2014, 12:12 PM
It would be probably the lowest of the low priorities, but they actually DID talk about this at one point during the kickstarter campaign. Ben posted a weekly article talking about the design changes Alabaster Sphinx went through during its life, and how they made changes to it both to make the card text shorter, and so the ability worked better.

It's still undergoing changes, too... it used to work every turn, now it just works when it comes into play. It would definitely be interesting to see a list of changes and their reasons for them, but I doubt something that big would ever see the light of day.