PDA

View Full Version : What are cool things in fantasy/fiction you'd like to see?

Zomnivore
01-28-2014, 11:00 AM
Sup bros. What are cool things in fantasy/fiction you'd like to see play out somehow?

Whether it be from a game, book, movie, or some other genre of cool...what would you like to see that's just plain cool.

For instance, I'd like to see some form of infection constant, or creature.

Something that reminds me of some nurgle like thing.

Any wounded non arti troop becomes infected, and if they aren't cleansed in however so many turns they burst dealing 1 damage to every troop.

Stuff like that... sounds cool, but from a balance and fun perspective its hard to envision it in a real gamey state.

Maybe something like where a man's hands become fish and they start flopping about and asking odd questions like, "Where's my nice pond gone?" or "Who's this bloke wot replaced our tails?".

I mean, how do you balance Fish Hands? Do you make one fish strong and the other weaker or do you some how tie weights to the lighter one to keep it balanced? What if it says the heavier one aught to lay off the krill? Who do you go to mediate between two bickering fish magically fashioned onto someone's arms?

You get the idea, right?

Interesting trope-like character interactions between token cards that feel theme-y or anything else under the sun. Something that invokes a style from a genre.

Yoss
01-28-2014, 11:01 AM
The Lore subforum needs some love.

Zomnivore
01-28-2014, 11:54 AM
Honestly I'm trying to tackle this from a game mechanic angle, but I just had too much fun with fish hands. Flexed a bit of the writer in me I guess.

Yoss
01-28-2014, 12:19 PM
Hmm, I guess that's a good question. When mixing flavor and mechanics, is it a Lore discussion? It seems like SOMETHING needs to go in the Lore section; it's so lonely.

Zomnivore
01-28-2014, 09:30 PM
Yoss, you're awesome ahahaha, reminds me of my Dad trying to guilt trip me.

ahahah

I'll have to think of something later for the Lore form. They just haven't given me (personally) enough to work off of to get engaged. The shard magic is something to dig into, but its harder because anything done in the lore has to have a direct output into design, and a sellable space either gameplay wise or further the larger narrative of the world, which orients around sets/blocks and what not most likely.

I'm no way experienced enough to understand how to warp dinky questions to really target that framework.

Now...how to make a guilt trip a game mechanic...

Yoss
01-28-2014, 11:40 PM
Guilt Trip
Quick Action
2 Saph, 3 resource
The next time an effect controlled by target champion deals damage to you or a troop you control, that champion discards a card and you draw a card.

or

Guilt Trip
Quick Action
2 ruby, 5 resource
Target champion loses HP equal to the total damage dealt by sources that champion controlled this turn.

or

Keyword: Guilt Trip
Whenever this troop is dealt damage, the controller of that damage source must discard a card.

probably horribly balanced...

Zomnivore
01-29-2014, 02:17 AM
You know, now that I think about it, Comet Strike probably represents a decent 'guilt' card effect.

Where you reset the game state to some extent.

I've been thinking of some sort of mid-high costed flight troop with some sort of straffing ground targets attack.

Like "When this troop attacks deal -1- damage to enemy non flight troops" (where 1 is its Attack).

That way using the ability to sweep low defense troops puts the thing in danger of being defended by a flight troop or an effect that reacts to being attacked.

Something like a hex-bi plane.

Zomnivore
01-31-2014, 02:26 AM
Swang wang wang... no responses.

Ok...how about a card that signifies disappointment.

A constant where any time a card of yours is countered or discarded, you add a counter, when you have enough you get a 10/10 invulnerable rage beast.

If the constant gets countered you get an 0/1 that deals 1 dmg to the controlling player at the start of their turn.