PDA

View Full Version : Card Mouse Overs need to be much better...

JCourtney
01-29-2014, 10:28 PM
From the alpha footage I've seen so far they really need to work on some kind of card enlarging mouse over. This is how it works in MTGO and Hearthstone. It just looks like a pain to actually look at a card, and of course with the table layout and interface being so small it's hard to even read cards.

Yoss
01-29-2014, 10:30 PM
Yeah, we pretty much all agree on this. I'm sure CZE has plans for making things smoother and prettier.

Cernz
01-30-2014, 06:39 AM
this really should be improved - mouse over card (most likely like in hearthstone)
but also the cards should be easier to read if you dont put the mouse on it,
maybe a bit bigger and/or more sharp.

im quite new in tcgs and in hex alpha, but this is one of the biggest issues i want to get rid of it :)

Xenavire
01-30-2014, 07:23 AM
At this point in alpha, they only need a better option in the deck builder.

Mouse scrolling a card zooms it to the perfect size (in game) and nothing else is needed right now.

Mouse over card -> Mouse scroll to zoom.

For streaming it could be improved, but streamers should be using the options available to make viewing easier, like the CZE guys do in every stream.

Nekrabyte
01-30-2014, 08:33 AM
am i the only one that thinks the size of the cards is totally fine? and easy enough to read, ESPECIALLY with the (in my opinion) very good amount of zoom. if every card got bigger just from me hovering over it, i would hate it. i know what the cards are after zooming in on them less than a handful of times, i don't see how its difficulty for so many.

SomeoneRandom
01-30-2014, 09:05 AM
am i the only one that thinks the size of the cards is totally fine? and easy enough to read, ESPECIALLY with the (in my opinion) very good amount of zoom. if every card got bigger just from me hovering over it, i would hate it. i know what the cards are after zooming in on them less than a handful of times, i don't see how its difficulty for so many.

For once I definitely agree with you. I would be annoyed by hover zoom, not enough to protest against it; however, we have a solid zoom already if you need more detail and once you use a card a few times you shouldn't need to reference it much anyways.

JCourtney
01-30-2014, 09:09 AM
I'm sorry, but using a mouse wheel to zoom is junk. Maybe if the cards weren't so small and were more crisp to read. I want mouse over enlargement like every other card game. They need to at least make it a select-able option.

Are they going to do anything to improve the text / border graphics on cards? I feel like some improvement could be made there.

SomeoneRandom
01-30-2014, 09:49 AM
UX/UI is probably one of the last things on their to do list and I would doubt they have more than one person working on that now. Once the infrastructure is set, the cards are all out and they are on to squashing bugs I think they will take harder looks at the UI. It is currently perfectly functional and not that hard to read/memorize. The few times I feel I would want to zoom on something I think the current zoom works fine and with all the card text on some cards it would be hard to get a hover zoom to be an "appropriate" size that most people could read, but doesn't take up the whole screen.

Also I right click to zoom, feels much better than scroll wheel IMO, but to each his/her own!

I would also be fine if it had a toggle, I just know I don't want it and won't use it so I hope it isn't high on the priority list.

Xenavire
01-30-2014, 10:11 AM
I'm sorry, but using a mouse wheel to zoom is junk. Maybe if the cards weren't so small and were more crisp to read. I want mouse over enlargement like every other card game. They need to at least make it a select-able option.

Are they going to do anything to improve the text / border graphics on cards? I feel like some improvement could be made there.

Every other card game? I have seen few do this, and I enjoyed none of them.

If you can't learn the current cards, you are not going to get far in the first place. And the zoom is incredibly detailed. This is almost a non-issues, with the only exception being streaming.

SomeoneRandom
01-30-2014, 11:05 AM
Every other card game? I have seen few do this, and I enjoyed none of them.

If you can't learn the current cards, you are not going to get far in the first place. And the zoom is incredibly detailed. This is almost a non-issues, with the only exception being streaming.

Yeah and honestly a streamer should be talking about the cards anyway and can zoom in on things to give a better look for people in not full screen or mobile/tablet while hovering wouldn't add much value to those people anyways.