PDA

View Full Version : PvE Dungeons Solo only?

JCourtney
01-30-2014, 09:47 AM
Are the PvE Dungeons solo only with no way to bring in a friend?

Yoss
01-30-2014, 09:52 AM
Dungeons are solo, Raids are up to 3 players. You unlock Raids by completing the associated Dungeon(s).

Kami
01-30-2014, 10:35 AM
Currently they are only solo with raids being up to three players as Yoss stated.

However, a long time ago, it was rumoured that there was consideration for co-op dungeons that are not raids. This is not confirmed though.

Svenn
01-30-2014, 10:42 AM
Currently they are only solo with raids being up to three players as Yoss stated.

However, a long time ago, it was rumoured that there was consideration for co-op dungeons that are not raids. This is not confirmed though.
I don't remember this rumor, but I hope it's true! I like solo play, but I like playing with friends more. That's part of the reason I got so excited for the Hex PvE.

Yoss
01-30-2014, 12:36 PM
I'd absolutely LOVE it if all PVE content was 2-player capable! The coop PVE is probably the #1 reason I backed Hex. (The normal PVP is a close 2nd.)

Lawlschool
01-30-2014, 12:44 PM
Co-Op "hard-mode" versions of normal dungeons would be pretty spectacular.

SomeoneRandom
01-30-2014, 12:48 PM
Co-Op "hard-mode" versions of normal dungeons would be pretty spectacular.

Yeah that is pretty much what raids are though. From what I understood it was the sameish dungeon (at least the same flavor/theme), but ramped up and scaled to fight 3 people.

There are also the "hard-mode" of beating raids with only 2 people, which I look forward to doing and hopefully get some achievements for :)

JakeCourtney
01-30-2014, 12:52 PM
+1 on the two-player coop.

Zomnivore
01-30-2014, 01:24 PM
I don't remember this rumor, but I hope it's true! I like solo play, but I like playing with friends more. That's part of the reason I got so excited for the Hex PvE.

This isn't a rumor this is the stated design of the PVE.

Dungeons are solo experiences, with raids being the form of coop pve experience.

There may be coop-able dungeons that aren't 'raids' but those would be the exception or w/e to the rule.

If you hear the words 'raid' assume its a pve cooperative experience, if you hear 'dungeon' think solo pve content.

Svenn
01-30-2014, 02:54 PM
This isn't a rumor this is the stated design of the PVE.

Dungeons are solo experiences, with raids being the form of coop pve experience.

There may be coop-able dungeons that aren't 'raids' but those would be the exception or w/e to the rule.

If you hear the words 'raid' assume its a pve cooperative experience, if you hear 'dungeon' think solo pve content.

The rumor I was referring to is co-op dungeons that are not raids. I know that dungeons are solo and raids are 3 player, that's part of the reason I backed at Grand King (for the raid leader bonuses). I'm hoping for more 2-3 player PvE experiences, though.

Gwaer
01-30-2014, 03:54 PM
They're working on ways to make multiplayer games go smoother before committing to those formats, but I'm sure they'll crack it and get them out eventually.