PDA

View Full Version : Can I donate twice to the Slacker Backer for Two Alpha accounts?

JCourtney
01-30-2014, 11:35 AM
Can I donate twice to the Slacker Backer for two Alpha accounts? I'd like to have another account that way my friend can play on my other one.

DataDragon
01-30-2014, 11:40 AM
You can donate multiple times for multiple accounts.
I recommend you use a different email to sign up for each account to make it easier.

JCourtney
01-30-2014, 11:43 AM
It's not going to matter that the payment is coming from the same Paypal account? Still looking at over 24 hours to get the keys?

DataDragon
01-30-2014, 11:48 AM
The donation will be assigned to the paypal account that purchases it.
There is a special instructions box though that you may be able to put an alternative email into.
If that doesnt work, you can put in a support ticket to have one of them changed to a new email.
It will work with or without separate emails, so don't worry too much about it.

Barkam
01-30-2014, 01:49 PM
So does this mean we can have multiple accounts with VIP?

Yoss
01-30-2014, 01:58 PM
So does this mean we can have multiple accounts with VIP?

Seems like it has to unless they let you stack codes on a single account. (For example, right now the 1-year drafts are not stackable so I expect people to multi-account for at least the first year.)

Svenn
01-30-2014, 02:51 PM
Seems like it has to unless they let you stack codes on a single account. (For example, right now the 1-year drafts are not stackable so I expect people to multi-account for at least the first year.)

1) They already said you were not allowed to have more than 1 VIP.
2) I'd expect that there is a limit on how long you have to merge accounts... no waiting a full year for all the free drafts and then merging.

Yoss
01-30-2014, 02:55 PM
1) They already said you were not allowed to have more than 1 VIP.
2) I'd expect that there is a limit on how long you have to merge accounts... no waiting a full year for all the free drafts and then merging.

I'm aware of this. My point remains that backers paid for a package of goods and need a way to claim those goods. If I bought multiple tiers, then I have multiple instances of VIP. Same for the 1-year drafts. If the only way to get full value from my tiers is to have separate accounts, then that is what I will do. I do not WANT multiple accounts, but I also do not want to throw away value that I paid for.

mudkip
01-30-2014, 03:52 PM
Similar to the Champions and sleeves, there's little value in merging your backer tiers.

Parzival
01-30-2014, 09:50 PM
VIP rewards stack, so if you had two months from one and six from the other, you would have 8 months of VIP on one account. Yes for DC/RL/GL/Collector the one year free draft does not stack with another one year free draft.

You can only pay for one VIP program a month, regardless of how many accounts you have.

Yoss
01-31-2014, 10:41 AM
VIP rewards stack, so if you had two months from one and six from the other, you would have 8 months of VIP on one account. Yes for DC/RL/GL/Collector the one year free draft does not stack with another one year free draft.

You can only pay for one VIP program a month, regardless of how many accounts you have.

Yeah, this is a more accurate statement. You can have many VIP accounts as long as they're Backer rewards, but you can only buy VIP on one account per player.