PDA

View Full Version : Some questions :)

KriSiS
01-31-2014, 05:51 AM
Hello! I am new to this, i have played Magic and i love this kind of game, just played Heartstone but it has nothing to do vs Hex.

I have not purchased Hex yet, i was looking for more info but i didnt find all that i want to know. Here are my questions:

-When you enter the game, how i get new packs of cards? Is possible to get all cards without paying? I mean, i dont know if you get gold (or whatever virtual coin) when you win PvP or PvE games which can be use to get new cards or paying is the only way.

-With $50 i could enter the game now. Just curiosity; will be the game free to enter? When? (if its known ^^")

-To enter draft tournament of similar where you can win prizes, is only payment the only way to enter or we can with virtual coin from the game.

Thats all for now. Im really interesting on purchasing this game, really nice work.

Kroan
01-31-2014, 06:02 AM
At this point in time we are still in alpha. This means you have 4 of every card and play for free in sealed. Once we go to beta, you'll be able to start building your collection and will get your backer rewards.

As to your questions:
When you enter the game, how i get new packs of cards?
PvP cards are in boosters. These cards are used to play in tournaments against other players. The price of a booster will be $2 and there will be a subscription-like way to buy booster (4 boosters a month = $4, so that get's you a discount of 50% for 4 boosters plus some other random stuff).

Is possible to get all cards without paying?
There is a PvE side of the game where you can do dungeons and play against the AI. In this mode you will be able to win PvE cards and equipment. It might be that you are able to trade these cards against other players for PvP cards, but we don't know how valuable these will be. In all honestly, getting all cards without paying for boosters (or by buying cards through the AH) is most likely not doable.

With $50 i could enter the game now. Just curiosity; will be the game free to enter? When?
The game, once release, will be free to play. As said above you will have to pay to play in the PvP-part, but the whole PvE experience will be free to play.

To enter draft tournament of similar where you can win prizes, is only payment the only way to enter or we can with virtual coin from the game.
Entering tournaments will require a tournament fee (most likely $1 for a draft + 3 boosters). It is assumed that if you win the tournament, you will get enough product (which you can sell through the AH) to be able to enter another time.

All that said, I can only encourage people to buy the slacker backer. It's pretty good value and from what I've heard it won't be around forever (They have hinted at removing the option to buy slacker backer). So if you like MTG, i'd def. consider dropping 50 bucks and able to play with every card right now to see how you like the game and the cards.

mudkip
01-31-2014, 06:44 AM
Think of Hex like a physical TCG; you will need to invest a bit in buying boosters and entering tournaments to really have a good time. If you go in with the mindset of trying to play for free you might not enjoy the experience.

Yubar
01-31-2014, 09:28 AM
Do people get a free pvp starter deck when they start?

SomeoneRandom
01-31-2014, 09:33 AM
Do people get a free pvp starter deck when they start?

Yes, the cards are bind on account though so you can't spam accounts and trade away the free stuff :)

Yubar
01-31-2014, 09:43 AM
Hmm I wonder if these will get updated as new blocks come into circulation

SomeoneRandom
01-31-2014, 09:54 AM
From what I understand you get a choice in starter deck, so I imagine they would rotate eventually.

Yoss
01-31-2014, 10:39 AM
(Could a Mod move this thread to New Players, please?)

-When you enter the game, how i get new packs of cards? Is possible to get all cards without paying? I mean, i dont know if you get gold (or whatever virtual coin) when you win PvP or PvE games which can be use to get new cards or paying is the only way.

-With $50 i could enter the game now. Just curiosity; will be the game free to enter? When? (if its known ^^")

-To enter draft tournament of similar where you can win prizes, is only payment the only way to enter or we can with virtual coin from the game.

Thats all for now. Im really interesting on purchasing this game, really nice work.

In addition to what Kroan said, please note that during Alpha you will have access to 4 copies of every PVP card for testing purposes.

Also, once the game launches, you will definitely be able to grind PVE in order to pay for PVP, but it might take many many hours in order to grind out even a single booster pack (or it might be quick, we just don't know).